Leo7777

Why the Vitriol toward those who follow K-1 procedures.

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

That figure is ridiculously high. Source is?

Life? VJ even?

The system is messed up, like I said, they shouldnt be allowed to adjust. Go home like the rest of us.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You all have this "intent" issue wrong. It's the intent to come in on a tourist visa and ACTIVELY LOOK FOR A WIFE to abuse the system.

HUH??? This is so wrong and off. If ths was the case why in record number are married folks denied if Mr. CBP just wants couples to pursue the right Visa.

If you search VJ you will read many couples turned away sent back because they said I am visiting girlfriend, boyfriend, Fiancee' husband or wife. Because CBP thinks they will stay and AOS.

You got blessed and got a very not knowledgable CBP is all.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Not all K1 and CR1 candidates spend a lot of time apart.

Many come over on vwp and stay for a while and some usc lives abroad with the beneficiary.

And not all DO spend time together. It isn't the fault of the filer they are in a county that allows the vwp. Or that their partner can go off and live overseas for a year.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Life? VJ even?

The system is messed up, like I said, they shouldnt be allowed to adjust. Go home like the rest of us.

I disagree. Only a tiny portion of those who petition ever sign up on VJ. Life? One person could know SO many people who did a "bad", but perfectly legal, thing?

There isn't a darn thing illegal about people who adjust. It is NOT illegal. I do agree the system is screwed up, and in many ways, and that it needs fixing. So use your misdirected anger at the system. Complain where it might do you some good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's hard to show empathy when the choice of visa means you are open to attacks, relationship is attacked as lesser because the marriage will happen after the visa. Empathy posts shot down because how can your wait for your K1 give you any idea about spousal waits. Posts about trying to do petitions or get the word out attacked because the poster just filed and hasn't suffered the wait so who are they to be outraged at the potential wait? Just because we haven't been through the wait doesn't mean we have no idea what it's like. I'm sure we understand more than a random person who has never dealt with the immigration system or been forced to be apart because of any wait. My heart hurts seeing the wait times for spousal visas and I would love to do what I can to help. The problem is my empathy will be attacked because my wait was only 5 months and I filed K1, my help is unwanted because I didn't do spousal or wait +1 years, and my relationship will be insulted because I'm not yet married.

That's a pretty good summary of what's been happening.

It's the thing to do in between general rabble rousing.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've been posting here since March and I have to be honest, I've NEVER experienced any vitriol because I was going through the K-1 Process. In fact, I'm actually shocked that this is even a 'thing' because before today I would have said that everyone on the VJ forums has been extremely competent, helpful and kind. But I have to be honest, having really read through the OP's post it feels like there may be drama for the sake of drama. The only time I have -ever- seen anything approaching vitriol is when someone clearly states that they plan to do something to circumvent the process in an illegal way.

As for people who visit the US and fall in love and choose to get married...? Good for them? Why should we ####### on someone elses' happiness. We are all of us going through a long and difficulty process. Yes, it's easy to be jealous and yes it's terrible to be separated and find an outlet for our on unfocused anger in the fortune of others, but it's important to remember that not everyone is a bad person. Not every one is trying to game the system and unless someone states that- that is what they are doing it is reprehensible to insult them for it (If that is what is happening.).

I kind of rambled all this out, but we are here to support one another. That is what I love about this site. Let's not let jealous turn things ugly.

This for example... is it really necessary to insult someone because of the route they chose to get their visa? Goodness.

Actually I was insulting those who came onto the CR1 forums to get a reaction. Do try harder.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

Actually I was insulting those who came onto the CR1 forums to get a reaction. Do try harder.

Do try harder?

I'm not in a fight with you. Not everything on the internet is a battle.

You want to make a point, make it but you don't need to call people idiots.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say, I'm going to head on out of this thread, because I sure as hell don't come to these forums to fight.

Edited by jclink

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

-Abraham Lincoln.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've been posting here since March and I have to be honest, I've NEVER experienced any vitriol because I was going through the K-1 Process. In fact, I'm actually shocked that this is even a 'thing' because before today I would have said that everyone on the VJ forums has been extremely competent, helpful and kind. But I have to be honest, having really read through the OP's post it feels like there may be drama for the sake of drama. The only time I have -ever- seen anything approaching vitriol is when someone clearly states that they plan to do something to circumvent the process in an illegal way.

As for people who visit the US and fall in love and choose to get married...? Good for them? Why should we ####### on someone elses' happiness. We are all of us going through a long and difficulty process. Yes, it's easy to be jealous and yes it's terrible to be separated and find an outlet for our on unfocused anger in the fortune of others, but it's important to remember that not everyone is a bad person. Not every one is trying to game the system and unless someone states that- that is what they are doing it is reprehensible to insult them for it (If that is what is happening.).

I kind of rambled all this out, but we are here to support one another. That is what I love about this site. Let's not let jealous turn things ugly.

the above post returned to view, it was removed for quoting content that was removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Do try harder?

I'm not in a fight with you. Not everything on the internet is a battle.

You want to make a point, make it but you don't need to call people idiots.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say, I'm going to head on out of this thread, because I sure as hell don't come to these forums to fight.

I don't want to fight with you either, it just grated on me that you ignored the insult to CR1 marriages just above and focused on my retort. Balance is more fun.

I'm out too, this thread has gone off the rails a little.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

several posts have been removed for insults. admin action has been taken. i suggest members knock off the drama/pot stirring and the insults.

charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

And not all DO spend time together. It isn't the fault of the filer they are in a county that allows the vwp. Or that their partner can go off and live overseas for a year.

I've never read of a successful VJer that didn't spend time together. In fact it's a requirement.

To file k1/cr1 shouldn't be about how fast but what works for the relationship status.

Many get themselves all wound up for no reason on forums.

I've never read of a successful VJer that didn't spend time together. In fact it's a requirement.

To file k1/cr1 shouldn't be about how fast but what works for the relationship status.

Many get themselves all wound up for no reason on forums.

Before they file. BEFORE they file . Just as spouses spend time together BEFORE they marry and file.

Once we filed we didn't spend anytime at all together. It's a long distance to fly on a whim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** One post removed for adding nothing to the thread; entire thread moved from "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum into the General Immigration Discussion forum -- topic pertains to a discussion of policy rather than to a process issue. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.