haljbr

Ds230 and DS260 and civil documents

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All,

I sent all the papers that they ask for in DS-230.

After 20 days they ask me to fill online DS-260.

When I sent the civil docs I sent all that they ask in http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Now I just received a mail from NVC to resend:

______6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION:____________________________________
Applicants who have been previously married must obtain evidence of the termination of EACH prior
marriage. Evidence must be in the form of original documents issued by a competent authority, or
certified copies bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority, such as:
· If the marriage ends by divorce, the divorce decree that is submitted must be a FINAL divorce decree
· Death certificate
· Annulment papers
If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must it must come from the issuing government
authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an
extract from the official records.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or
refusal of a visa.
In addition to the original documents or certified copies of the documents, a photocopy of the original
documents must be submitted to the NVC.
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please follow the instructions below to
determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested
document.
Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
1. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.
3. From the drop-down menu, select the country where the document was issued.
4. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country in which the visa application will
be processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement
signed by the translator that states the following:
· Translation is accurate, and
· Translator is competent to translate.
If it is impossible to obtain an original document or a certified copy of the original document because
records have been destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, you should
obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is
not available.
______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original, or a certified copy of the original document listed above. Each
applicant must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the
country of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the
original registration of birth.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview or refusal
of a visa.
The certificate must contain the following information:
· Person's date of birth
· Person's place of birth
· Names of both parents, and
· Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records
If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority
and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an extract from the official
records.
In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a
photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.
Unobtainable birth certificates
If the applicant's birth record is unobtainable, please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate
government authority stating the reason that the applicant's birth record is not available. The applicant
must submit secondary evidence with the certified statement. For example:
· A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names
(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)
· An adoption decree for an adopted child
· An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of
birth, both parents names, and the mother's maiden name
Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please follow the instructions below to
determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the document
requested.
Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
5. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.
6. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.
7. Select the country where the document was issued from the drop-down menu.
8. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by
the translator which includes the following:
· Translation is accurate.
·Translator is competent to translate.
______PHOTOGRAPH:__________________________________________________
The NVC has either not received the required photographs, or a review of the photographs submitted has
been conducted and the photographs do not appear to meet the guidelines.
Please provide two identical front-view color photographs with a white background as required for each
visa applicant.
The photos must have the name of the person in the photo printed on the back, along with the case
number associated with the person's photo.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As I said I already sent my civil documents includind marriage termination and my birth cretification.
The photograph they don't ask before, just now.
My question is: They are asking to resend because there is an error or missing something or just because they are lost or lost something?

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am assuming you are going through the National Visa Service in the US (NVC). If so how long was it between you sending in all your documentation and completing the DS260? The NVC requires between 20 and 30 days to review the documentation and advise you.

When we were going through this part of the process we continually got e-mails from the NVC saying they were missing information when in fact it was a computer generated e-mail. However your e-mail does seem very specific.

If it is the NVC who are dealing with your visa application then I suggest that you ring them of 001 603 334 0700 - they are open from 7:30 to 24:00 EST. I found they reasonably helpful.

Good luck

NOA1 16th Jan 2013

NOA2 18th Apr 2013

Recd by NVC 30th May 2013

Pd fees 12th Jun 2013

Complete at NVC 11th Oct 2013

Interview date recd 28th Oct 2013

Medical 12th Nov 2013

Interview 17th Dec 2013

APPROVED 17th Dec 2013

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I suggest you to call the NVC and ask if those documents in fact are missing. We went through the same situation, we sent everything and they asked for a new police certificate saying that it was missing. Sometimes I think that they are just trying to difficult.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Anyway I need to send pictures (I didn't yet).

I just thought that there was missing any information on those docs.

Thanks for your advice.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.