Coffman87

Expedite request?

58 posts in this topic

Everyone is looking for that edge because we all want an "expedited" process. Funny how this process works ... I too get annoyed with people who think they need to contact a congressman after three months. None of us want to be here in this forum --- It means we are still waiting for the damn process. If our loved ones were here we wouldn't need to be in here wasting our time. Right?

journey.jpg

I dont want an expedite, my family needs one, which is the only reason I contacted my senator to see if she was able to help to get it expedited which she said she would. I don't think that others out there dont want their cases to be expedited as well, its really damn frustrating when I am asking for an imput on the process, not the case itself. No reason to be on edge, it is stupid how unfriendly people can be. I'm not saying its any harder for me, than it is for anybody else, but I can not really look at that can I? I can look after myself and my own family and I will do whatever I can to speed up the process for me and my family as we are facing some serious problems if we dont get it expedited.

Again, I asked about the process, not any input on why I think I should get expedited.

be friendly or dont respond at all, it immature and weird that people would use this forum to get their frustration out on the system. to bad I feel I have to delete thet thread because of people not knowing how to act civil.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I said pregnancy wasn't a reason for expedite, I wasn't talking to the OP, I was responding to mark and Maryam who suggested it was. I am well aware that the OP is applying due to financial,circumstances funny people say I can't read yet they can't read that I was responding to someone else's reply..

To the OP, it can take up to a month to hear back about expedite requests, sometimes longer. I see many of the people here attacking you, but some of their points are valid and they are points the USCIS will look at before approving or denying your request. A big HUGE question for them will be if they approve the expedite, who will pay for the birth here in the US? They are not going to want to admit someone who they know won't have a way to pay for the birth and will likely become a public charge. It is their job to make sure they don't admit anyone who will have to apply for emergency Medicaid, so unless you have cash to pay for,the birth or some sort of insurance plan we are not aware of here in the US, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an expedite, especially if your husband is still in Sweden with you and not gainfully employed here with a US insurance policy for you. Best of luck with the request and with the impending birth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP is due next month so she is not going anywhere before the birth.

Back to the original topic, a Senator's office support is pretty meaningless, they will ask for anyone in any circumstance.

You have asked and can only wait and see.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

When I said pregnancy wasn't a reason for expedite, I wasn't talking to the OP, I was responding to mark and Maryam who suggested it was. I am well aware that the OP is applying due to financial,circumstances funny people say I can't read yet they can't read that I was responding to someone else's reply..

To the OP, it can take up to a month to hear back about expedite requests, sometimes longer. I see many of the people here attacking you, but some of their points are valid and they are points the USCIS will look at before approving or denying your request. A big HUGE question for them will be if they approve the expedite, who will pay for the birth here in the US? They are not going to want to admit someone who they know won't have a way to pay for the birth and will likely become a public charge. It is their job to make sure they don't admit anyone who will have to apply for emergency Medicaid, so unless you have cash to pay for,the birth or some sort of insurance plan we are not aware of here in the US, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an expedite, especially if your husband is still in Sweden with you and not gainfully employed here with a US insurance policy for you. Best of luck with the request and with the impending birth.

Our baby is due in a month, Ill not be traveling before then:)

I understand their points are valid, but it was never my question, I never asked what they thought, I asked what to expect in finding out if the accept or deny my request, thats all.

my husband will continue to work here until his visa expires in the end of february, and then he has to leave, that when we are trying to leave as a family due to the financial hardship. I wish we could all stay here until my papers are done the normal way, but its not possible for him to stay here.

I have already talked to the embassy in stockholm and they are standing ready to take us in for the interview as soon as my I-130 is approved, as they know and understand the situation.

If I was a single mom everything would be great, I would get money from the government, but Im married to the father.. i cant explain the twisted turns in a sociallistic country, and explain how it all works. if there was another way, we would take that.

the uscis have all the supporting documents.. there is no opinion needed, really, because, I have it black on white, proof and evidence that supports my claim, I'm not trying to cheat the system.

Pregnancy is never ever a reason for expedite

Sir I never said it was a reason for expedite, I said it may help the situation. I am in the NVC phase of my processing and I in fact did get a letter authorizing an expedite on the basis of my wife being pregnant and out of concern for the mother and well being of the child to be. It may very well depend on the embassy at which you are filing at. You are right the NVC does not grant expedites on pregnancy alone, but it does not hurt to add that into the equation either. Anything helps especially when it comes to getting it done as quickly as this particular situation. Did you ask for a expedite in your case?, or what is your background with expediting?

I dont want an expedite, my family needs one, which is the only reason I contacted my senator to see if she was able to help to get it expedited which she said she would. I don't think that others out there dont want their cases to be expedited as well, its really damn frustrating when I am asking for an imput on the process, not the case itself. No reason to be on edge, it is stupid how unfriendly people can be. I'm not saying its any harder for me, than it is for anybody else, but I can not really look at that can I? I can look after myself and my own family and I will do whatever I can to speed up the process for me and my family as we are facing some serious problems if we dont get it expedited.

Again, I asked about the process, not any input on why I think I should get expedited.

be friendly or dont respond at all, it immature and weird that people would use this forum to get their frustration out on the system. to bad I feel I have to delete thet thread because of people not knowing how to act civil.

Well said !!

journey.jpg

I am on this forum because I am willing to help people. I have been in this process for quite some time since July 2012 and have been through several RFE's demanding what seemed like to me, crazy. I overcame each one and finally am down to the last leg hopefully. When I saw your keyword "expedite" I thought I could help because I just literally went through this expedite request less than a week ago. I honestly did get approved, well my family did and now my case is being shipped off to the embassy asap. What I did receive in the email was this, (some of email not all btw):

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview.

Now what that email entails I certainly do not know, but I do know it is leaving the NVC this week to the US embassy in my country, of my family.

Once again I am on here to try and give advice and help people sorry if I offended any one along the way. I know this is a long process, but with striving and endurance you can make it through!

I am on this forum because I am willing to help people. I have been in this process for quite some time since July 2012 and have been through several RFE's demanding what seemed like to me, crazy. I overcame each one and finally am down to the last leg hopefully. When I saw your keyword "expedite" I thought I could help because I just literally went through this expedite request less than a week ago. I honestly did get approved, well my family did and now my case is being shipped off to the embassy asap. What I did receive in the email was this, (some of email not all btw):

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview.

Now what that email entails I certainly do not know, but I do know it is leaving the NVC this week to the US embassy in my country, of my family.

Once again I am on here to try and give advice and help people sorry if I offended any one along the way. I know this is a long process, but with striving and endurance you can make it through!

I think that you have been very helpful:) thank you so much:)

I think that you have been very helpful:) thank you so much:)

Thank you, any time;rolleyes.gif helping is what this forum is all about. Have a good one, and best of luck to you and your family!

I've noticed people have been so uptight recently on this forum. It's really disheartening. Makes me want to close my account.

Edited by Ema ♥ Jin

Our 1-130, CR-1 Visa Journey

03/24/2013: Got Married

USCIS STAGE

05/11/2013: Sent I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox

05/15/2013: Notice of Action 1 (Case transferred to NBC)

05/20/2013: Check Cashed

11/15/2013: Submitted Expedite Request to USCIS

12/12/2013: Notice of Action 2 (Case transferred to NVC)

12/16/2013: Received hard copy of Notice of Action 2

NVC STAGE

01/10/2014: Received Manila Case Number

01/10/2014: Paid AOS and IV Fees

01/16/2014: Expedite Request Approved by NVC (Submitted by Senator)

01/25/2014: Sent AOS and IV Documents to NVC

01/30/2014: AOS and IV Documents Delivered to NVC

02/20/2014: Case Status changed to "Case Complete"

02/26/2014: Case Status changed to "In Transit"

02/28/2014: Case Status changed to "Ready"

MEDICAL/INTERVIEW/POE STAGE

02/18/2014: Medical Examination at St. Lukes Extension (PASSED! One day process!)

03/03/2014: Received interview appointment instructions from U.S. Embassy

03/13/2014: Interview at U.S. Embassy Manila (PASSED!)

03/13/2014: Case Status changed to "Issued"

03/17/2014: Visa In Transit

03/19/2014: Visa Delivered

03/25/2014: Point of Entry - Los Angeles International Airport

1912458_227783277416860_1415779938_n.jpg

1509721_227784080750113_404993920_n.jpg

dSzW2vN.jpgZno0xop.jpgvy19FAf.jpgvy19p8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think that everyone is edgy due to the stress of this whole process. It's in your head constantly, it's hard not to think about it. We're all missing our spouses especially at this time of the year, we want to be with our loved ones for Christmas. No one expected to have to wait this long, I thought I would have been in The U S by now. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEND THE LETTER TO BOB GOODLATTE TOMORROW. It may help us, if only to feel we're doing something to help our situation.

Married 2013/05/24

.i130 sent. 2013/05/25.

NOAI rec'd. 2013/06/12.

Transferred to TSC. 2013/12/27.

NOA2 rec'd. 2014/01/27

NVC Rec'd 2014/02/11

IIN &case no. rec'd 2014/03/19

DS261submitted 2014/03/21

AOS invoice ready 2014/03/24

Ds260submitted. 2014/04/09

I130 in transit to embassy as per CEAC 2014/04/09

I130 rec'd in embassy 2014/04/11

Email with interview date 2014/04/11

letter with interview date and instructions 2014/04/15

Interview scheduled for 2014/04/29

VISA APPROVED!!! 2014/04/29.

Visa issued. 2014/05/02

Flight to Seattle. 2014/05/14!!!!

I129 sent. 2013/06/17NOA 1 rec'd. 2013/06/29NOA 2 rec'd. 2014/02/10NVC rec'd. 2014/02/11Rec'd by embassy. 2014/02/27Email from embassy with case no. and telling me how to proceed 2014/03/01Ds160 submitted online 2014/03/01medical scheduled for 2014/03/28Medical report received by embassy 2014/04/02Ceac status updated to ' READY' 2014/04/03 ( waiting for interview to be scheduled)Ceac status updated again!! 2014/04/08I129 will be closed and i130 being processed, 2014/04/09

Filed: Timeline

Imagine if everyone's case got put to the front of the line....who then, would be first? Sweden is not exactly a dangerous country with no infrastructure. There must be countless families living in Lagos or some other equally putrid 'garden spot' who would like their case expedited. There must be thousands of cases sent to USCIS every day....how could they realistically keep putting the newest cases in front, while those who filed early are supposed to go to the end of the line? How would you feel if you found out that your case, which might have been resting in the USCIS inbox for 5 months, gets shoved aside so somebody from western Europe can go ahead of you? Content? Upset? Or?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One post removed for contributing nothing to the topic along with another post quoting. Post minus the quote returned below. One member thread banned.***

I think she was expecting people to answer her question not tell her whether she deserves the expedite or not. Yes, other people are dealing with strife and such but unfortunately it isn't relevant to what she is asking about so it's a moot point, truthful or not.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I have already talked to the embassy in stockholm and they are standing ready to take us in for the interview as soon as my I-130 is approved, as they know and understand the situation.

Staying on topic..

I do not want you to get your hope up and stay level minded...

For a petition filed in the US.. After the I-130 is approved it does not go to the embassy.. It goes to the NVC.. Your filing for expedite at NBC which is only for the I-130.. The NVC will require another expedite request to be approved.. Then if that is approved all goes to the embassy..

For petitions filed abroad? Maybe someone has experience in this that can explain the process they went through..

Was your petition filed abroad or in the US?

Edited by TimandAna

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.