Lorinda0

Double checking for adjustment of status

5 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I am OCD and really want to have this application perfect dancin5hr.gif

I am currently in the process of applying for AOS for myself, husband and son. We are applying as derivatives on his status being approved and a visa number will come available in December.

I have completed the forms, but are not sure about a few things. I have some questions if you could plz help me answer them.

I know we can send our applications together, but does that mean in the same envelope for the I 485? Also for the travel and Employment application?

On form I-132 Travel doc Part 1 nr 6. Class of admission. What class do I put in there, our current status or the status that we want to be admitted for or the status we entered the country?

Part 3 We do not intend to travel untill we have our green cards in our hands, so I am not sure what to put in here. If I make the date to long ahead I am scared that we

might want to travel before that time. Also what time frame do I put in in the amount of days, if I put in 21 days does that mean I will only be able to always travel

just 21 days or does it only affect this application

Furthermore, my son is 10 years old. Do I just sign the documents on his behalf and state so, or just sign on his behalf. I don't have to complete the part about preparing it right?

On the application for employment, is it correct if I mark the one that says premission to accept employment. Little confused about Question 11 too where it asked if I have ever before applied for employment authorization. Not sure what I should mark, since I am on H1B and is working, but I have not completed this form before.

Your help will be greatly appreciated... and any other suggestions or reminders you want to add.

Thank you

I am OCD and really want to have this application perfect dancin5hr.gif

I am currently in the process of applying for AOS for myself, husband and son. We are applying as derivatives on his status being approved and a visa number will come available in December.

I have completed the forms, but are not sure about a few things. I have some questions if you could plz help me answer them.

I know we can send our applications together, but does that mean in the same envelope for the I 485? Also for the travel and Employment application?

On form I-132 Travel doc Part 1 nr 6. Class of admission. What class do I put in there, our current status or the status that we want to be admitted for or the status we entered the country?

Part 3 We do not intend to travel untill we have our green cards in our hands, so I am not sure what to put in here. If I make the date to long ahead I am scared that we

might want to travel before that time. Also what time frame do I put in in the amount of days, if I put in 21 days does that mean I will only be able to always travel

just 21 days or does it only affect this application

Furthermore, my son is 10 years old. Do I just sign the documents on his behalf and state so, or just sign on his behalf. I don't have to complete the part about preparing it right?

On the application for employment, is it correct if I mark the one that says premission to accept employment. Little confused about Question 11 too where it asked if I have ever before applied for employment authorization. Not sure what I should mark, since I am on H1B and is working, but I have not completed this form before.

Your help will be greatly appreciated... and any other suggestions or reminders you want to add.

Thank you

They all go in the same envelope.

For current class, it's what visa you have now (which should also be how you last entered the country in most cases). I assume for you it's H1B, H4, etc?

It doesn't matter what days you put. They don't even pay attention.

I believe a parent signs the kids name, and that works as a kid signature.

If this is your first EAD (or even if it's a new category) then it's permission to accept. They want to know if you had an EAD before. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.