VolcarSS

Family being victimized by NVC

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was saying "because" I wasn't calling you "cuz." I don't even know you lol. I was typing from my phone so excuse my "limited English abilities."

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

My Mother was right! You can't tell a dill pickle nothin'!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To the original poster... none of the responders will understand until they actually have gone through such a situation.. I would never have thought that two petitions requiring the EXACT same info and turned in together could have one approved and the other gets a checklist.. BUT IT HAPPENED TO ME.. Im sure if anyone has been on visajourney long enough they have seen a few other mistakes and mishaps here and there made by all of the areas of the immigration process??? no maybe its not victimizing but they are surely inconsistent at times guys?? .. the one thing thats painfully true is that we do have to do what they ask to get our loved ones here no matter how wrong it is.. sorry you were not able to get much understanding and encouragement here.. good luck on your journey..

Timeline

All one has to do is read and follow their instructions....if one does not comply fully with their request(s), expect more RFEs....

so you have never seen where information that was already sent in was requested again because it was later found out to be overlooked?? i have to myself as well as others on here.. so all the reading and following directions can still find you with an RFE.. your statement is incorrect..

i do understand peoples need to rationalize situations that are out of their control, but its not helpful to try and act like petitioners make all the mistakes here and the GOVERNMENT makes none..and this statement comes from a government worker.. LOL..

like the original poster i think i will leave this alone.. no sense beating a dead horse.. have a good day

No one ever said that NVC never makes mistakes. What people have said is this person, and/or his daughter clearly have. And just as clearly they will continue to get RFE's. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OP I am sorry you feel pulled apart and picked on,. This process will make a lioness eat her own young I swear. Just hang in there. It will all be settled and you home with your daughter soonest.

For others who may face this (people do reference these topics ya know lets make them useful people).The best thing to do in these situations with NVC is to get a supervisor on the phone (Mr. Gus is the best trust me).

NVC loses documents, makes hairbrain stupid mistakes. Ask for same stuff twice. Checklist the checklist without knowing what the heck they even want.

One thing you all need to know is NVC has a 2 month window to deal with our document intake and after that point they will waive you along and send you to embassy (of you ask) and have embassy deal with missing documents and missing information.

You have to ask if you can present documents at interview. Reat easy letter.

I submitted only the DS-230 an marriage certificate to NVC and Mr Gus gave me the heads up how to write the letter to present at interview. It was so cool.

Just thought I would pass on.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

OP I am sorry you feel pulled apart and picked on,. This process will make a lioness eat her own young I swear. Just hang in there. It will all be settled and you home with your daughter soonest.

For others who may face this (people do reference these topics ya know lets make them useful people).The best thing to do in these situations with NVC is to get a supervisor on the phone (Mr. Gus is the best trust me).

NVC loses documents, makes hairbrain stupid mistakes. Ask for same stuff twice. Checklist the checklist without knowing what the heck they even want.

One thing you all need to know is NVC has a 2 month window to deal with our document intake and after that point they will waive you along and send you to embassy (of you ask) and have embassy deal with missing documents and missing information.

I submitted only the DS-230 an marriage certificate to NVC and Mr Gus gave me the heads up how to write the letter to present at interview. It was so cool.

so true dwheels76!! LOL NVC was the most frustrating part of this for my oldest step son.. I had a sup even agree that it was ridiculous for them to be asking for something that they had never asked for previously?? but it was nothing she could do..

nobody is asking for special rules.. but if a form gets through one worker without incident then it should get thru the second one as well.. im sure 6 checklists ago the OP's daughter was not putting N/A on the residence field (which i did not either) why is it just being flagged now?? ..it is something that could have been settled on the first few checklists rhey sent out.. smh... INCONSISTENT.. but a so ie go..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You are not being personally victimized, they just want the form to be filled out correctly. Until you do as they say and send them what they request you will unfortunately be stuck in limbo. They have rules to follow and if they bend them for they have to bend them for everyone. I can imagine your frustration, but it is what it is. Good luck.

They are not missing documents, nor was anything lost. There were sections on the petition that were not filled in, they are requesting that the form be filled out correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.