VolcarSS

Family being victimized by NVC

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am now totally convinced that our family is being victimized by NVC and I have arrived a this conclusion based on the following. In October my visa petition was approved by NVC, however, it was approved with this caveat “one or more related cases are still awaiting additional documentation. As we attempt to schedule all related cases tougher, we will hold this case for up to sixty days. I your other case(s) are not completed in this time, this case will continue with the interview process” It should that the case being referred to is my wife's petition. Since the approval of my petition we have received numerous checklist from NVC relating to my wife's petition and every time we comply they find a reason to generate a new checklist and every one they send us set was back by 30 working days (was previously 20 working days) the last checklist they sent was based on the following:

General Instructions

[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov

Part 1 Information on the Household Member

[x] This section is incomplete. Please answer all questions completely. (If N/A, please indicated in the appropriate space).

Note, this checklist was not generated for the omission of critical or vital information but for not placing N/A in an section of the I-864A form that is not relevant i.e. Part1-Item3 Place of Residence (if different mailing address). Ergo, we are now totally convinced that we are being victimized by NVC due to the fact that we have expressed to them (via e-mail) on several occasions our concern with how my wife’s visa petition is being treated. If there was a way of recovering all the monies that we have spent on this process I would cancel the entire process and use our B1/B2 visa to visit our family in the US. i am again suggesting that an oversight body analogous to that of the USCIS Ombudsman needs to be established for the NVC where persons can obtain justice and fairplay and not be subjected to insults and injustice.

Looks like your daughter is petitioning you and your wife, correct? That' why it says “one or more related cases are still awaiting additional documentation. As we attempt to schedule all related cases tougher, we will hold this case for up to sixty days. I your other case(s) are not completed in this time, this case will continue with the interview process."

The sooner your daughter provides all required documents the sooner you and your wife will be scheduled for the interview.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline

If all I is not dotted & T crossed NVC gets like that and everything has to be done

as they request. I don't think its your family personally I knew someone that got 3

RFEs from them and they had an atty....all due to a 1999 atty legal aid had 1699

until this was found and corrected they would have kept getting, the same request

for correct info & police records each time which was sent also totally waste of money

Timeline

Thanks for all the comments it is greatly appreciated. RhattVoe, I must say I find your remarks very condescending, It should be noted that from our petitions were acknowledged and given a case number by NVC we have complied with every one of their REF's and we have never for one moment consider ourselves special. it has just gotten to the stage where it seems ridiculous, how can NVC be generating a REF based on the fact that N/A (not applicable) is not placed on a section of a form (AOS-I-864A). I am afraid that matters will not change for visa petitioners if we all allow these injustices to stand without speaking out & bear in mind also that every REF issued by NVC results in additional cost and expense. The excuse that they have thousand of cases to review is a flimsy defence as it is my view that they should get adequate staff to treat with their workload & stop penalizing petitioners. in addition, eliminating the issuance of frivolous REF's will go a far way in reducing their workload. Finally let me pose this question, does the NVC exist to facilitate the smooth and amicable processing of visa petition or do they exist to frustrate and dispense arrogance and injustice to visa petitioners, may I refer you to the following for the answer http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_2796.html.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am now totally convinced that our family is being victimized by NVC and I have arrived a this conclusion based on the following. In October my visa petition was approved by NVC, however, it was approved with this caveat “one or more related cases are still awaiting additional documentation. As we attempt to schedule all related cases tougher, we will hold this case for up to sixty days. I your other case(s) are not completed in this time, this case will continue with the interview process” It should that the case being referred to is my wife's petition. Since the approval of my petition we have received numerous checklist from NVC relating to my wife's petition and every time we comply they find a reason to generate a new checklist and every one they send us set was back by 30 working days (was previously 20 working days) the last checklist they sent was based on the following:

General Instructions

[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov

Part 1 Information on the Household Member

[x] This section is incomplete. Please answer all questions completely. (If N/A, please indicated in the appropriate space).

Note, this checklist was not generated for the omission of critical or vital information but for not placing N/A in an section of the I-864A form that is not relevant i.e. Part1-Item3 Place of Residence (if different mailing address). Ergo, we are now totally convinced that we are being victimized by NVC due to the fact that we have expressed to them (via e-mail) on several occasions our concern with how my wife’s visa petition is being treated. If there was a way of recovering all the monies that we have spent on this process I would cancel the entire process and use our B1/B2 visa to visit our family in the US. i am again suggesting that an oversight body analogous to that of the USCIS Ombudsman needs to be established for the NVC where persons can obtain justice and fairplay and not be subjected to insults and injustice.

i feel your pain, same exact thing happened to us.; i am filing for my two step sons. youngest stepson was approved at NVC immediately.. oldest stepson went through at least 6 checklists over the course 8 months before he was approved. Surprisingly, the youngest son did move on and had his appt at the embassy in august however he is still in AP.. The oldest son didnt get his interview till oct and already has his visa.. smh.. cant do much but laugh...good luck to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The guides cover what you should and should not do pretty well. If you have any specific questions you can ask. Someone will know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I must say that I am quite amazed at some of the response I have been receiving to my post. Ergo, let me reiterate my situation with the hope that it will dispel some of the negative response. It should noted that we have received no less than six (6) RFE's since the petitions have been the hands of NVC & we have complied with each & everyone without question and or objections, however, when it gets to the stage that they are generating a RFE on the basis that N/A was not placed on a section of the AOS I-864A form in my humble opinion that is being disingenuous, especially since no such instruction is stated on the I-864A form neither were we instructed by NVC to do so in any previous RFE. So for persons to imply that we are not following NVC instructions tantamounts to being disingenuous and ridiculous. We provided NVC with all the requisite documents to facilitate the closure of one petition so why on GOD's would we not do the similar for the petition that they constantly keep generating RFE's for makes no sense. And I refuse to deny what is happening to me and my entire family it terms of inconvenience, wasted time and undue expense because of apologist of the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest several things.

1. NVC doesn't victimize anyone. Those who incorrectly fill out the forms and submit them, victimize themselves.

2. NVC doesn't approve petitions. NVC handles DOC intake for visa applications. Get it grossly wrong and NVC will give you a chance or three to correct the error, prior to tossing it over to the Embassy IV Unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I must say that I am quite amazed at some of the response I have been receiving to my post. Ergo, let me reiterate my situation with the hope that it will dispel some of the negative response. It should noted that we have received no less than six (6) RFE's since the petitions have been the hands of NVC & we have complied with each & everyone without question and or objections, however, when it gets to the stage that they are generating a RFE on the basis that N/A was not placed on a section of the AOS I-864A form in my humble opinion that is being disingenuous, especially since no such instruction is stated on the I-864A form neither were we instructed by NVC to do so in any previous RFE. So for persons to imply that we are not following NVC instructions tantamounts to being disingenuous and ridiculous. We provided NVC with all the requisite documents to facilitate the closure of one petition so why on GOD's would we not do the similar for the petition that they constantly keep generating RFE's for makes no sense. And I refuse to deny what is happening to me and my entire family it terms of inconvenience, wasted time and undue expense because of apologist of the NVC.

Well, I must say, you aren't complying with exactly what they want. If you had, you'd be at interview by now. You can go right ahead and in fancy language be just as indignant as you like. But...make that BUT...they are the only game in town, and comply you must. So, quit being in denial, and full of self righteous indignation, fill the little boxes in correctly, and get ON with it.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I must say, you aren't complying with exactly what they want. If you had, you'd be at interview by now. You can go right ahead and in fancy language be just as indignant as you like. But...make that BUT...they are the only game in town, and comply you must. So, quit being in denial, and full of self righteous indignation, fill the little boxes in correctly, and get ON with it.[/quo

Exactly. You CANNOT take this personally or you will never move forward. NVC doesn't have the time or inclination to victimize anybody. I didn't get my interview scheduled by them till more than two months after case complete but I dont take it personally. I'm not trying to be rude cuz I understand your frustration but to think you are being singled out is not going to help your situation.

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On a side note, I think it is a good thing that there is an NVC stage that verifies all the documents. I remember 14 years before for my own immigration (there were no NVC doc intake at the time; you bring all documents to the interview), our family of 5 had to travel 4-5 times to a city 12 hrs away by train. Each time there will be something missing or incorrect. It wasn't fun. Compared to those times, I think the immigration process is better now. Once all consulates are EP, we are looking at a super convenient process.

Being said that, if it is something you can comply with reasonable resources, just do it. You won't win the govt process by rationale.

Trust me - NVC is WAY to busy to "victimize" anyone! Just follow their instructions, however ridiculous they may seem, and be done with it!

Timeline

I started this post and I will take no further part in it, for when it gets to the stage that person deviating from the message and start attacking the messenger it is time to pull the plug. I started the post hoping for a healthy and constructive debate, however, when persons respond by making petty remarks like "You can go right ahead and in fancy language be just as indignant as you like", in, addition to persons referring to me as "Cuz" how does that lift the debate. I am speaking English and I cannot be held responsable for persons limited vocabulary. I ergo, withdraw from any further discussion relating to this post, it was a huge mistake.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.