Sent my N-400 documents to Arizona -12/02/14

U.S.C.I.S confirmation that they got my packaged -12/04/14

Got Biometric letter/scheduled from U.S.C.I.S -12/17/14

Biometric Done!!! -12/27/14

Received letter for Interview -02/25/14

Interview for Naturalization Done!!! -03/27/14

Scheduled for an Oath Ceremony -03/27/14

Oath Taking done!! Yay I am a U.S CITIZEN:) -03/31/14

Seattle does same day oath after your interview as long as your interview time scheduled before 10 a.m

Oath Ceremony started 12:20 p.m

In my case got out in my interview for N-400 around noon thursday so they scheduled me for an oath taking the next monday.

Good Luck to you ALL !!! I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN!!! :) YESSSS.!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys how long it takes for the case status to change from inetrviewing to decision status I have had my interview a week ago ..decision cannot yet be made but my status still interviweing inline...thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

probably depends on the case load they have...I would assume in the next 14 days you should have heard something

AOS Timeline

08/13/08 AOS sent
08/18/08 NOA1
08/22/08 Appointment Biomentrics
09/10/08 Biometrics done
09/11/08 RFE
09/18/08 Case transfered to NBC
10/16/08 EAD approved
10/24/08 EAD approved again
10/27/08 EAD in Mail
10/28/08 applied for SSN (not verified)still waiting:-(
12/18/08 got my SSN today YEAHHHHH
12/30/08 passed my TX DL today YIPPIEEEEEEE
03/03/09 Interview ,approved...thanks god:-)
03/09/09 Welcome letter in Mail.Juhuuuuuuuu
03/16/09 Green Card in Mail:-)))))

02/02/10 I-751 Waiver to VSC
02/08/10 NOA1
02/17/10 Check cashed
04/15/10 Biometrics
07/26/10 Interview
08/06/10 Approved ,thanks god juhuuuuuuuuuuuu
08/16/10 Greencard in Mail,done for ten years:-))

N-400 here we go in the last round

12/09/2013 N-400 to Dallas

12/13/2013 NOA1

12/18/2013 check cashed

01/03/2014 Biometrics

02/04/2014 in line for Interview

04/11/2014 Interview& Oath

PASSED the Naturalization interview :)

Hey everyone - I'm happy to report that I had my interview today at Federal Plaza in Manhattan and answered all the first 6 questions correctly! I was honestly surprised as I just studied in the past few days and kept forgetting a few tricky answers. Phew, really relieved.

The interview: it took around 40 minutes in and out. They called me in 10 minutes for bio and pictures, and the super nice officer came get me to his office a few minutes later. I was his last case for the day and he told me this was not a busy day there.

He got to the questions quickly to get it out of the way, I got them all right, and then he did get specific on additional trip dates since I applied in December (I had 4 trips, in total almost a month and he made sure I didn't stay abroad longer than I should). He also wrote down my new employment place which I joined after application was sent. It seems they need to put all current information in the system. He seemed to be able to access my travel history in his computer, which was interesting.

It went really smoothly but they did not have an oath going on today, he said I will receive an oath date maximum 30 days from today. All is good. I feel my long trip is over and it's a big relief. Now, on to oath and then paying taxes forever :)

I told officer they should change this long process as they are losing all the good people to Canada where they make it easy to immigrate for qualified professionals... Seriously, they should make this process a little easier! Good luck to all and I'll keep you posted on my oath date :D

Edited by mimigrant

Done today - 05/09/14! It's been a long journey... that I was more than ready to be done with it...

N-400: (Eligibility criteria: 5 years) - took 4 months, 27 days (148 days)
12-13-13: Eligibility Date
12-13-13: Application Sent

12-17-13: Received/Priority Date
12-19-13: NOA Date
12-20-13: Check Cashed
01-02-14: Bio Letter Sent Date (long time... not a good idea to send application before holidays...)

01-07-14: Bio Letter Rcvd'
01-20-14: Original Bio Date -- duh. they booked me on a Federal Holiday and the center was... closed.
03-07-14: Actual Bio Date
(walk-in)

03-11-14: In line for Interview

03-12-14: Interview letter
04-17-14: Interview - Passed. Phew!

04-23-14: Oath Ceremony queue | scheduled (both at the same day)

04-26-14: Got Oath Ceremony letter in mail

05-09-14: (Friday) Oath Ceremony. Done! + Applied for US Passport Book & US Passport Card (expedited)

05-23-14: (Friday) American Passport Book received (via Priority Mail) after 2 weeks

05-27-14: Received back original Naturalization Certificate + American Passport Card in the mail (weirdly did not receive USPS tracking notifications for that)

Officially D-O-N-E!

N-400: 05-09-2014

I-751: 10-21-2011

AOS from H1B: 03-13-2009

Timeline

On April 17, 2014, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283......thats wassuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!!.thank you guys.

Filed: Timeline

On April 17, 2014, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283......thats wassuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!!.thank you guys.

Omg I'm so happy for you is only a matter of time now no more worries!!! Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fantastic! Glad to hear it!

I had my interview today. It lasted about 45 minutes. Officer was super nice. But Im in the same boat as you were, since I was charged with a DWI back on 12/07/13 and my case is pending till May 1st. I was hoping that it won't come up during the interview since there is no final court disposition yet, hence not part of my record. However to my dismay officer did ask about the charge and I told him that its a pending case and my court hearing is scheduled on May 1st. After that as expected he told me that decision cannot be made yet..I breezed through the civics 6 test questions and reading/writing one sentence which was "California has the most people" ... After which he printed out a paper which said that I will need to mail in the final court order before May 17th. It will be reviewed and the decision on the application will be made. If I fail to send in the court order by May 17th then the file will be closed.

Towards the end of the day I received a text and an email informing that my case status has been changed to 'evidence requested' . I asked the officer if this is considered a 'crime of moral turpitude' ? His response " This is not considered the crime of moral turpitude, unless you have endangered a child or killed somebody" . Which thankfully is not the case...So not sure at this point what to expect now....

Timeline

Raza123 u will be fine.there is what I can tell you go get you a certified copy of your a police report and go to see your general attorney of your county talk to him and explain him the situation cause u have to speed up the process of your case..thats what I did when I had mine and I had some reasons why so it may work for you too..and u will fine just like me.dony worry.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am worried because I've been in line from 1/10/14 and I received a yellow letter from 2/10/14 and I'm still waiting I call them but was told I was still with thw waiting time. Does anyone have any update on new york

Does anyone know the wait times for Dallas office between a successful interview and oath day?

Officer told me up to month for oath letter and couple of weeks for oath. They told my wife 2 weeks for oath letter and actual oath 2 weeks later so 1 month in total. We both passed our interviews this week ;-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.