Crisarias15

K1 visa aprroved!! But aprroval notice says to contact consulate???

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So I'm very happy October 10, 2013 K1 was approved yay! But the approval notice says to contact the cosulate? So do I call the Guatemalen cosulate? I thought it was forwarded to the NVC I have no idea. I'm worried because the approval is valid until 2/2/2014 I'm worried because time is on a fly and I don't want to sit around and do nothing!!! Please anyone who knows any information will help me please please!! Thank you in advance!

So I'm very happy October 10, 2013 K1 was approved yay! But the approval notice says to contact the cosulate? So do I call the Guatemalen cosulate? I thought it was forwarded to the NVC I have no idea. I'm worried because the approval is valid until 2/2/2014 I'm worried because time is on a fly and I don't want to sit around and do nothing!!! Please anyone who knows any information will help me please please!! Thank you in advance!

I might be misunderstood you, it seems your petition I-129F is approved not K-1 visa. These two are different. Please fill your timeline in so other people can help you.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

My mistake you are right so it says petition has been approved please contact consulate for visa issuance. Do I do something or do I wait?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, the K-1 Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

i made the mistake of waiting for 2months after I got the same NOA2. highly recommend calling uscis and talk to 2nd tier officer to give you a target date when they send it to NVC. ALL i-129F have to go through NVC to generate a new NVC case# and invoice#. you'll need to have that info to complete DS160/DS260/and maybe DS261. I'm have difficult finding info if I-129F for LAOS need to complete DS261. anyone out there with info on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Timeline

No its does get sent to nvc then to tje consulate you should call nvc and ask if they receives your petition the noa2 i got said the same but it has to go trough nvc first then to the consulate you will bee ok with the expiration date dont worry so much about that

K1 approved 06/13/2013

AOS approved 02/12/2014
ROC approved 09/14/2016

DIVORCED 01/10/2020

My mistake you are right so it says petition has been approved please contact consulate for visa issuance. Do I do something or do I wait?

Since yours was processing at California Service Center (CSC) I can't give you a correct answer. As myself, after approval, I called both of NVC and DoS (Visa Unit) for my case number. I've got my case number less than 2 weeks from approval date.

After you've got case number, go to CEAC and check your visa status application. My fiance got mail from NVC stating I have to fill out DS-160 form meanwhile waiting my case file sent to listed consulate/embassy.

If you're curious, you can try call NVC and Dos (Visa Unit) to find out about your case number. Texas Service Center (TSC) was pretty quick sent case file to NVC that's why I had it less than 2 weeks from approval date. Good luck!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Try and call NVC or DoS at the end of next week, they are currently processing NOA2 from Oct 4 now according to the Immigration timeline.

Our Story

April 2012 - Met in my hometown

Sept 6, 2012 - Trip to the Philippines

Sept 7, 2012 - Officially a couple

Dec 3-7, 2012 - Trip to Hong Kong!

April 20, 2013 - I went to Guam biggrin.png

May 2013 - Came back and he proposed!

Jan 3, 2014 - Official engagement according to my custom

K1 Visa Journey

August 28, 2013 - Mailed I-129F

Sept 10, 2013 - NOA1 (hardcopy)

Oct 2, 2013 - NOA2

Nov 6, 2013 - NVC received (Case creation date)

Nov 8, 2013 - NVC left

Nov 12, 2013 - Embassy received

Nov 22, 2013 - CEAC status updated (p3 sent to me)

Nov 29, 2013 - Received P3

Dec 2, 2013 - Replied P3

Dec 4, 2013 - CEAC status updated (Embassy received P3)

Dec 13, 2013 - CEAC status updated (interview date assigned - Called DoS to get it)

Dec 16, 2013 - Medical in Kuching - Passed

Dec 20, 2013 - Received P4 hardcopy

Jan 9, 2013 - RESULT: APPROVED!!!!!

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Concerning the approval validity date. Do not worry about that as, if you cannot get an interview till after the 2/2/2014 then the Consular Officer at the interview will automatically extend the validity period for you so that you can attend the interview. I would suggest also posting this in the Guatemala section to see if there are any specific requirements (ex. new letter of intent notarized) to get the petition revalidated. Hope this helps.

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello Newbie. I can only tell u my experance. My K1 Visa was approved Nov 6, 2013 then it is supposed to go to the benificary's country as far as my understanding, where the benificary will be notified through regular mail or email for an interview or medical exam..etc.. I had also called the Texas 1-800 number at the bottom of the approval notice and this is what they told me. If you ever want to call the 1-800 number I have called it twice and they are very friendly and helpful. Hope this helps.. Oh also I believe you can ask for an extension of the k1 visa approval. So that if the visa is not ready they will give u an extension. Best of luck.. I'm going through this all too for the 1st time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.