groovevandal

Interview Next week.. Nervous

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not really any help this topic, just wanted to try and get this out of my system.

Got my medical and interview next week in Vancouver.

Gone over my packet 3 / 4 a number of times. They messed up the order somewhat on my packet 3 and interviews, didn't seem to make a difference. Both letters and email said I had to fill out DS-156's.

Nothing said fill out DS-160, cant even remember if I filled it out now ha ! probably did.. anyone know if there is a way to check ?

Anyway, I have everything they have asked for in the check list, keep thinking I am forgetting something. In the last two years with have seen each other a dozen times, I was there for 6 weeks last Christmas, and she was here with me for 4.5 months before that, so I do not think there will be any obvious issues.

I am hoping that I ask for my passport during the interview, I assume that's a good sign, I have no obvious proof of ongoing relationship beyond what we initially sent in, I will probably print out my flight down to her in September, and her flight up in June before i go and some pictures.

Really want this to go smoothly. I have already handed my notice in at work and gave my landlord notice that I will be done at the end of the month. It is a gamble, but I don't want to be tied here if I have my visa in hand, that will be just as frustrating.

I have been lucky with time lines and the person I am going to marry, so I don't want to come across as a whiner, just seems a little stressful knowing someone I have never met will dictate the future of my life.

I just hold onto the hope that, I have gotten to this stage, so their are no obvious reasons why I should be denied, I am bring everything they have asked, and this should be a slam dunk.

NOA1 - May 31st

Transferred to TSC - 8th August

NOA2 Email Notice of Approval - Septermber 5th

NOA2 Sent to NVC - September 10th

Case Sent to Consulate - September 23rd

NVC Case # Sent to Petitioner - Received September 30th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Normal to be nervous! What some have done to help fight that nervousness---is to post on here ALL that you plan on taking to the Consulate, that way people can look what you have and make sure you have not forgotten anything. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

These are the instructions on the DS-160 and when it does and doesn't apply: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.html. I had my interview on November 1st in Vancouver and the lady that I talked to had to ask someone else to find out if I needed to have it. Luckily I didn't have to cause I was somewhere in the middle of it switching. She said if I did need to have it that she would have let me do it on one of their computers.

The first person you talk to will ask for your passport and all of the required documents in a certain order that is shown to you on a piece of paper, I would take it as a good sign either way.

They didn't even ask for my evidence which is kind of a shame cause I put so much work into it.cool.png

Vancouver is so easy and I bet you'll do great! dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

ugh...

so i think i found a problem.

I just went through my paper work and noticed it says signed statement from petitioner and beneficiary within 30 days of the appointment.

I just noticed my fiancee statement is signed and postmarked 2nd of October, 40 days.....before interview date

how much of an issue is this ? will that accept a faxed one ?

NOA1 - May 31st

Transferred to TSC - 8th August

NOA2 Email Notice of Approval - Septermber 5th

NOA2 Sent to NVC - September 10th

Case Sent to Consulate - September 23rd

NVC Case # Sent to Petitioner - Received September 30th

Timeline

Email them now. And get your fiancée to send you one up rushed. Sure it'll cost an arm and a leg but better that then "nope! Ten days overdue!!"

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

if it were I..have him email it to you, you print it out and sign his name on his behalf....Pretty sure he isnt going to say he did not provide it to you,lol yes maybe its a bit on the grey side.....................

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I had a similar situation -- had my fiance sign the letter in November and interview in January. I had him overnight Fedex a current one to me an cost around $50 -- ouch! But better than a problem at the consulate.

Also, when I was at the consulate the pre-interview consulate staffer made me write a letter of intent as well.

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.