tomnkate

London Embassy- Waiting for Packet after NOA2

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone had any experience with the US Embassy in London in regards to the K1 Visa Process. September 12th, the US Visa Center sent me a letter confirming that our approved NOA2 would be sent to the embassy in London within a week and that I would be receiving a packet from them 'shortly'. It has now been about 6 weeks since the London Embassy should have received our NOA2 and still no word from them. We've tried calling, emailing, etc, but they seem impossible to get a hold of! Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with them and if they were notified when the London Embassy received their NOA2. We're not sure if the US government shutdown had an effect, even though the Embassy website said it didn't. Any suggestions/feedback would be wonderful and much appreciated!

Thanks so Much!

Tom and Kate

Ps. Maybe someone has a more direct number to the Embassy rather than the lines that simply have pre-recorded messages?

It can take London a little while to get your letter out, and even then sometimes the letter just goes missing.

Do you have your LND number? The letter is just a link to their website, with instructions, and your LND. Check the UK subforum on here for lots of info specific to you.

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

have a look at the CEAC web site

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

and see what it says, you just need your LND number and use immigrant visa from the drop down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The embassy won't answer your questions. The only people you can get through to to talk to are people dealing with non-immigrant visas. If you want to contact them, the best way is through the email address on the website. I had received my NO2 early August and didn't hear anything from the embassy till mid September. We got our case number ahead of time by calling the Visa Center and asking for it. When you call, ask for the receipt number too as you will need it later! Once you get the case number you can check the progress on he caec site. In the mean time, start getting all your paperwork together in order to send in once you receive letter 3. Maybe get your medical booked too so when you send back the paperwork, you can put the date of that at the bottom of the checklist form and send that at the same time.

The only other thing I'll say is that I have been waiting over a month for packet 4 and when I got an email back from the embassy they said that the letter had been sent on the 22nd of October...I'm still waiting for that!! So, I would definitely email. If it's been 6 weeks already I would assume you will get something soon so try not to panic too much!

Thanks so much for all of the help! I guess they converted all of the forms from Packet 3 into one mega online form, DS160, so we did that yesterday, booked the medical today (it's in a week!), collected all of the police certifiates, etc... and sent the interview readiness email! Im assuming letter 3 would just say that you can do it all online now... so confusing! Checked online and we'd been approved from the Embassy for a month! Frustrating, but hopefully we've done the right thing, dont know what we'd do without visa journey!

Thanks!

Tom and Kate

ps. Has anyone else done the DS160 online?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.