Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NBC transferred my case to Philadelphia and Philadelphia took their sweet 11 weeks to send my case to NVC .

Was your file transferred to a local or another service center from the NBC or was it processed only at NBC? And it took 8 full weeks to get from NBC to NVC for your case?

Edited by L and A

I just got approved on November 25, 2013. And havent receved NOA2 or from NVC (that they receive my case) in the mail yet.

How long does it take for NVC to work on the case??

I'm from Indonesia (the beneficiary), and my husband is a USC.

USCIS

06/04/2011: Got married in Surabaya, Indonesia

03/10/2013: (Some time at these dates) Filed I-130 through a lawyer

03/25/2013: Priority date, NOA1

11/08/2013: Case was transferred to Texas Service Center

11/16/2013: Case update: "was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office."

11/25/2013: NOA2. Post Decision Activity: APPROVED (by Texas Service Center)

12/05/2013: Received NOA2 in the mail.

12/19/2013: "Shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing."

NVC

01/03/2014: NVC received our case work.

03/26/2014: Called NVC and they said that there's an error on the affidavit support and they didn't get copy of my passport. This case, I blame our lawyer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On average it takes about a week or so to get NOA2 in the mail and about 2 weeks for NVC to get your case in mail. I just had bad luck that Philadelphia had my file. I think average time for NVC to process is about 2 months or so.

I just got approved on November 25, 2013. And havent receved NOA2 or from NVC (that they receive my case) in the mail yet.

How long does it take for NVC to work on the case??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

thank you saylin- what I have from NVC is what the lawyers sent me via email which is pretty much letter from NVC stating our case number and what they needed from us initially (so this is the first package I guess?)

Thank you for the advice- will definately take the letters with me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey guys havent received my approved package of the i130 yet, the answer to my question will probably be there but how do i know when NVC receives and/or assign me a case number?

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Does anyone know when DS-260 will be available.

After IV fee shows "Paid" or?

hey some81...when you paid the IV on November 25 did you get the payment status changed from in process to paid or not yet ? because mine still showing in process...but the fee cleared out from my bank so i sent it with my package today...i am just wondering since i am ready to fill out the DS 260 online when it be available

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hey some81...when you paid the IV on November 25 did you get the payment status changed from in process to paid or not yet ? because mine still showing in process...but the fee cleared out from my bank so i sent it with my package today...i am just wondering since i am ready to fill out the DS 260 online when it be available

Hi,

When I paid AOS in the beginning it was showing "In Process" now it shows "Paid", but my bank doesn't show anything.

The next day I paid IV packaged it's still shows "In Process", but my bank account shows that the payment is done.

Also I read that DS-260 will be available since the payment shows "Paid".

This is very strange.

thank you saylin- what I have from NVC is what the lawyers sent me via email which is pretty much letter from NVC stating our case number and what they needed from us initially (so this is the first package I guess?)

Thank you for the advice- will definately take the letters with me.

It sounds like that's right. I uploaded the initial package from NVC here, to compare: http://s128.photobucket.com/user/smurf47/library/Immigration/NVC%20information%20email?sort=6&page=1 (click on the first image to see it bigger)

hey guys havent received my approved package of the i130 yet, the answer to my question will probably be there but how do i know when NVC receives and/or assign me a case number?

You need to call to find out if NVC receives your package; you won't receive anything from them saying they have. As for the case number, if you're not calling often and give over a case number once the case number is assigned, then they'll have to snail mail that to you, which can take quite awhile to receive. So, my suggestion: call like once or twice a week until NVC says they've received your package. Then start calling more often, like 3 times a week (or preferably, daily). By doing that, you'll be as up to date as possible.

Please go back to posts 1 and 2 and read everything.

i submitted my AOS last Monday and IV package today...how long until the case would be completed ? and i am wondering if i am going to receive an email about this or i have to call after 2 weeks starting from next week.

anyone submitted the packages lately?

rose.gif

NVC is currently giving out the time frame of 30 business days to review packages. You're not going to receive an email saying they've received packages. And case complete emails aren't 100% consistent yet, and they're often delayed by a week or two. Your best bet is to call them daily, starting next Monday.

ah ok i am going to give the NVC a call and see about this glitch they are having in the system so i can get the DS 260 available to be filled up smile.png

It's not a glitch. These things take time. I'd only suggest calling about it if a week has passed since the payment has cleared your bank account.

the other day I received a false checklist, and after few calls to NVC, they just said to disregard it, the status is still the same " wait up to 30 days blah blah blah". Nonetheless, one positive thing happened yesterday when I called them, I was able to talk to an agent right away, didn't wait for 20-30 minutes as usual.

Anybody else here that got a false checklist but was approved shortly after receiving it?????? Any upgrade at all after the checklist????

Is there someone at NVC that could give me more information besides the agent that just picks up the phone and looks at the computer screen????

the other day I received a false checklist, and after few calls to NVC, they just said to disregard it, the status is still the same " wait up to 30 days blah blah blah". Nonetheless, one positive thing happened yesterday when I called them, I was able to talk to an agent right away, didn't wait for 20-30 minutes as usual.

Anybody else here that got a false checklist but was approved shortly after receiving it?????? Any upgrade at all after the checklist????

Is there someone at NVC that could give me more information besides the agent that just picks up the phone and looks at the computer screen????

You don't need to speak to someone else, the agent was telling the truth, to disregard it as it's a false checklist. Did you do what I asked and ask them if the DS-260 was approved? That's what the false checklist is based off of, them reviewing the DS-260.

Since you've got an AOS checklist response and the IV package waiting to be reviewed, you'll likely get another false checklist after they review one of them, asking for the other item. Again, it's a false checklist and nothing to be worried about. False checklists are actually GOOD news as they typically mean something was reviewed and ACCEPTED.

I'm sure the other packages will be looked at real soon since you seem to have submitted everything around the same time. Just keep calling NVC daily and asking for a status update on your case.

You know what I will call them now and see what they say, BUT I didn't ask them if the ds - 260 was approved. Are you telling me that if they approve ds-260 the case is complete or I would still have to wait for the IV and AOS to be approved as well???????

by the way' I never thanked you for your replies Saylin, THANKS A LOT

You know what I will call them now and see what they say, BUT I didn't ask them if the ds - 260 was approved. Are you telling me that if they approve ds-260 the case is complete or I would still have to wait for the IV and AOS to be approved as well???????

by the way' I never thanked you for your replies Saylin, THANKS A LOT

No, your case is only complete once all 3 things have been accepted (AOS package, IV package, DS-260). I'm telling you to ask if the DS-260 was accepted because that's what the false checklist is based off. If they say it's been accepted, then 1 out of the 3 things have been accepted, then you'll only have 2 things left.

But, you may not get any false checklists for the two other items, so you need to call them and ASK. This is the fastest way to know if things have been accepted or not. So, when you call, ask them three things:

-Has my DS-260 been approved?

-Has my AOS checklist response been approved?

-Has my IV package been approved?

Only once all three above questions are 'yes' will you have a case complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Saylin I received the email from NVC which looks like confirmation of our case completed. Do you know how such confirmation email looks like generally? ours pretty much states that they have received documentation neccesary to complete pre-processing of our case- and that once interview date has been scheduled we will be notified.

I guess it is now official- we have case complete.

Edited by dance of life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.