Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Can you do this until they've assigned you a NVC case #?

Am I correct in thinking that they wont have a record of your case until that file hits their system (i.e. scanned in)?

From my phone calls to them over the past few days they are unaware of your USCIS case # until you've been delivered and scanned in.

Also ... how long are folks seeing it take between NOA2 to NVC receiving? I'm thinking it could be a few weeks ...

Exactly, you can't add email addresses until a case number is assigned since they have no file on you.

My NOA2 took two weeks to get to the NVC and I was able to get my case no. over the phone along with giving my email address at the same time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My NOA2 took two weeks to get to the NVC and I was able to get my case no. over the phone along with giving my email address at the same time.

That's encouraging! The NVC folks tell you up to 8 weeks ...

I have an hour long drive home every night. This means I have all the time in the world to check in with NVC daily. dancin5hr.gif

9/14/2013 -I-130 petition sent to Chicago via CanadaPost

9/18/2013 -Delivered

9/22/2013 -NOA1 via text and email

10/1/2013 -Received NOA1 hard copy from Overland Park, KS.

11/7/2013 -NOA2 via text and email

11/14/2013 -NOA2 hardcopy from Lee Summit, MO.

11/17/2013 -NVC Received

11/20/2013 -AOS Invoiced

11/20/2013 -DS-261 Completed

11/22/2013 -AOS PAID

11/24/2013 -AOS Submitted

11/25/2013 -IV Fee PAID

12/02/2013 -DS-260 Completed

12/9/2013 -OPTIN Received

12/9/2013 -AOS Received

12/29/2013 -Submitted Supporting Docs

01/24/2014 -Case Complete

03/19/2014 -INTERVIEW!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My NoA2 just got approved at USCIS.. and now it will be transferred to NVC, I was wondering if I can get all my mail from them through email since I live in the US? or Do I have tto mail them every single document instead of emailing them it?

Hi,

My NoA2 just got approved at USCIS.. and now it will be transferred to NVC, I was wondering if I can get all my mail from them through email since I live in the US? or Do I have tto mail them every single document instead of emailing them it?

If you give over both email addresses once the case number is assigned, then NVC will send you all correspondence by email. But, this doesn't mean that YOU can send THEM both packages by email. Only a few select countries are eligible for EP (electronic processing, aka send packages by email). Pakistan is NOT one of those countries, so you have no choice but to snail mail both packages.

Timeline

so basically If I provide both emails they will email me but I will have mail them all the documents ?

If you give over both email addresses once the case number is assigned, then NVC will send you all correspondence by email. But, this doesn't mean that YOU can send THEM both packages by email. Only a few select countries are eligible for EP (electronic processing, aka send packages by email). Pakistan is NOT one of those countries, so you have no choice but to snail mail both packages.

so basically If I provide both emails they will email me but I will have mail them all the documents ?

Yup, exactly.

and how long does this whole process take? and when does my husband receive his interview letter?

By "whole process", do you mean just the NVC portion? Cause that depends on you and how fast you pay bills and send the packages out (and if they're correct).

The interview letter is only sent out after an interview date is assigned. An interview date is only assigned after a case complete. And the case is only complete once both bills are paid and both packages are received and accepted.

I highly suggest you go back and read the first two posts in this thread. It contains all the information you need.

Timeline

I did read the first two posts but never understood it, the 2 packages do I have to fill those or does my husband have fill one?

By "whole process", do you mean just the NVC portion? Cause that depends on you and how fast you pay bills and send the packages out (and if they're correct).

The interview letter is only sent out after an interview date is assigned. An interview date is only assigned after a case complete. And the case is only complete once both bills are paid and both packages are received and accepted.

I highly suggest you go back and read the first two posts in this thread. It contains all the information you need.

I did read the first two posts but never understood it, the 2 packages do I have to fill those or does my husband have fill one?

Perhaps re-reading it will help ;)

AOS package = petitioner

IV package = beneficiary

Timeline

1 last thing. Can i email the NVC right now with both emails or should I wait for them to first get my case ?

Perhaps re-reading it will help wink.png

AOS package = petitioner

IV package = beneficiary

1 last thing. Can i email the NVC right now with both emails or should I wait for them to first get my case ?

That'd be pointless, they don't have your case. They know nothing about you. They don't have a file on you, so there'd be nothing to add the email addresses to. You need to wait until the case has arrived at NVC and has been issued a case number. Only then can you tell them your email addresses (and it's much faster if you just call them; it can take weeks for them to get to your email, and by then, they could have mailed something out).

Timeline

Receipt Date: 04-03-2013

File Transferred: 24-10-2013 (Nabarsaka)

Received Transfer hard copy: 31-10-2013

Case Approved : 7-11-2013

Received Approval Hard Copy: 14-11-2013 dancin5hr.gif

what is the next process ? ? ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi guys,

First I want to state that I got my NOA-2 last Friday after I expedited it through USCIS due to an upcoming deployment. The crazy part was that I requested an expedite on Monday, received an email asking for my mil id on Wednesday and got approved last Friday. I hounded USCIS on Tuesday and they told me my file left from CSC to NVC that same day on a truck or something. As of last night NVC still does not have my file so I will give another week before I call.

Second, I have a quick question for anyone that might know. Has anyone use the I-864EZ before? I am the sole sponsor and my wife is the only one I am sponsoring so I qualify. I have also submit that form with my package to USCIS when I file for the I-130. Do I have to resubmit? Or does my package stay intact and I just wait to pay the bill.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.