Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Oh that's good, then. Hopefully it means they're working on the packages....30 days...yikes! That takes us to mid-December. Ugh!

The NVC is reporting 30 workings days for document reviews right now - that is working days, so it would be about 6 calendar weeks. The holiday season will add to the processing time though, so it could easily reach 7 weeks. Every case is different though. Some go fast, some go slow.

My recent document review at the NVC took about 34 workings days.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The NVC is reporting 30 workings days for document reviews right now - that is working days, so it would be about 6 calendar weeks. The holiday season will add to the processing time though, so it could easily reach 7 weeks. Every case is different though. Some go fast, some go slow.

My recent document review at the NVC took about 34 workings days.

WELL JUST LIKE YOU I HAVE HAD TO SEND THE POLICE CERTIFICATE THREE TIMES BECAUSE THEY EITHER MISPLACE IT OR WHO KNOWS WHAT,WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU CASE?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I just (like a minute ago) received my email saying that I can pay my AOS fee, but when I went online it isnt available yet.....so I will keep trying every hour until its there!! smile.png At this rate we may be able to file in November afterall!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Has anyone experienced a problem loging into the payment portal?? Im getting an unsettling error message when logging in!

Can you post what it error message says?

Petitioner/USC Married: 11/26/2012
USCIS (144 Days)
01-12-2013 : I-130 sent (CR1) - Phoenix AZ Lockbox
01-14-2013 : NOA1 - Processing @ NBC (MSC)
06-07-2013: NOA2 - Checked status via the USCIS website

NVC
06/20/13: NVC Received

06/26/13: Case/IIN Assigned
07/05/13: AOS Package Sent
07/18/19: IV Package sent
08/01/13: AOS Checklist - Grrr! (16 Business Days)
08/09/13: IV Package accepted (15 Business Days)
08/29/13: AOS Package accepted (17 Business Days)
08/29/13: Case complete

09/09/13: Interview Assigned

09/18/13: Medical Exam

10/07/13: Interview/Approved

10/14/13: Picked up Visa at US Interest Section - Havana

11/26/13: POE Tampa

ELIS/Green Card Production/SSN

12/03/13: ELIS Paid Status

12/07/13: SSN Arrived in Mail

12/19/13: ELIS Optimized/In Process Status

12/30/13: Production of New Card Began

1/3/14: Card Produced Status

1/6/14: GC Received via Mail

Petition To Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency - Jointly Filed

08/29/15: I-751 Form w/ Documentation - Laguna Nigel, CA PO BOX

09/02/15: NOA1

3/29/16: Approved - New Card is Being Produced.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Has anyone experienced a problem loging into the payment portal?? Im getting an unsettling error message when logging in!

from FAQ's page 1

Help! I can't sign into the payment portal. Why?

If you're getting an error message ("Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time…" or "This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted…" or "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."), do NOT panic. This is actually good news! If you just got your case number, then this message means NVC is inputting your case in their system. If you get this message a few days after case number generation, then it's a good possibility that NVC is invoicing your AOS bill. And if this message appears a few days after DS-3032 acceptance, then there's a good chance the IV bill is being invoiced.

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

from FAQ's page 1

Help! I can't sign into the payment portal. Why?

If you're getting an error message ("Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time" or "This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted" or "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."), do NOT panic. This is actually good news! If you just got your case number, then this message means NVC is inputting your case in their system. If you get this message a few days after case number generation, then it's a good possibility that NVC is invoicing your AOS bill. And if this message appears a few days after DS-3032 acceptance, then there's a good chance the IV bill is being invoiced.

It look like the system hasn't caught up to the email yet! Gave it a few hours. :-)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I requested an expeditions for my wife's case that has been with the NVC since April this year and when i called today, i was told, they are waiting to hear from the embassy in my country if they case expedite the case. I knew my chances for approval were slim but the NVC had made so many errors with my case and my expedite request was based on the fact that this case was supposed to have been completed in Juen if they did not misplace my documents. My question is, does this mean the expedite has been approved at the NVC and they are trying to see is the local embassy can find an interview date that is sooner? Or are expedites processed by the local embassy. Any help/info will be appreciated

I requested an expeditions for my wife's case that has been with the NVC since April this year and when i called today, i was told, they are waiting to hear from the embassy in my country if they case expedite the case. I knew my chances for approval were slim but the NVC had made so many errors with my case and my expedite request was based on the fact that this case was supposed to have been completed in Juen if they did not misplace my documents. My question is, does this mean the expedite has been approved at the NVC and they are trying to see is the local embassy can find an interview date that is sooner? Or are expedites processed by the local embassy. Any help/info will be appreciated

When NVC receives expedite requests, they send the embassy/consulate that request. It's then the embassy/consulate that decides to approve or deny the request. Once they decide, they'll tell NVC of their decision, and then NVC will tell you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

When NVC receives expedite requests, they send the embassy/consulate that request. It's then the embassy/consulate that decides to approve or deny the request. Once they decide, they'll tell NVC of their decision, and then NVC will tell you.

Thank you Saylin as always you are awesome

I am waiting onmy case to be sent to NVC. My benficiarys I130 was approved Nov 13, who receives the BIN number? Me or the beneficiary?

Once a case number is assigned, if you give over both email addresses, you'll both get all correspondence from NVC. But the BIN seems to be a number no longer needed.

Once a case number is assigned, if you give over both email addresses, you'll both get all correspondence from NVC. But the BIN seems to be a number no longer needed.

How do I give over both email addresses?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Call NVC and gave them your emails address

Can you do this until they've assigned you a NVC case #?

Am I correct in thinking that they wont have a record of your case until that file hits their system (i.e. scanned in)?

From my phone calls to them over the past few days they are unaware of your USCIS case # until you've been delivered and scanned in.

Also ... how long are folks seeing it take between NOA2 to NVC receiving? I'm thinking it could be a few weeks ...

9/14/2013 -I-130 petition sent to Chicago via CanadaPost

9/18/2013 -Delivered

9/22/2013 -NOA1 via text and email

10/1/2013 -Received NOA1 hard copy from Overland Park, KS.

11/7/2013 -NOA2 via text and email

11/14/2013 -NOA2 hardcopy from Lee Summit, MO.

11/17/2013 -NVC Received

11/20/2013 -AOS Invoiced

11/20/2013 -DS-261 Completed

11/22/2013 -AOS PAID

11/24/2013 -AOS Submitted

11/25/2013 -IV Fee PAID

12/02/2013 -DS-260 Completed

12/9/2013 -OPTIN Received

12/9/2013 -AOS Received

12/29/2013 -Submitted Supporting Docs

01/24/2014 -Case Complete

03/19/2014 -INTERVIEW!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.