Talong

Problem with ex

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the mother has sole custody per local law then she should be able to get papers for that easily,. Otherwise she needs these because it is a very serious offense in the eyes of the US where she is now residing to deny the other biological parent access to their children ( immigrate with them ) without that parents consent. As soon as the children step foot in the US the other parent can file in US courts that the children have been stolen. What is her defense ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

***Thread back open, 4 posts that contribute nothing to the discussion have been removed. Please discuss the topic without making it personal or you may find your access to this thread blocked at the very least.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

***Thread back open, 4 posts that contribute nothing to the discussion have been removed. Please discuss the topic without making it personal or you may find your access to this thread blocked at the very least.***

From the TOC ---

"Please note. Moderators do not police the board. They are complaint driven and will only be notified of a problem if you report it."

Dear Moderator - Please review this TOC listed by the site administrator before random post removals and post blocking. Thank You very much:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/322-tos-violations-and-moderator-responses/?p=2450

journey.jpg

Timeline

From the TOC ---

"Please note. Moderators do not police the board. They are complaint driven and will only be notified of a problem if you report it."

Dear Moderator - Please review this TOC listed by the site administrator before random post removals and post blocking. Thank You very much:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/322-tos-violations-and-moderator-responses/?p=2450

**Prior action taken in response to a report received.**

~~While it is true that I or other members of the Moderation Team do not "police" the board looking for TOS violations, it doesn't mean that if a violation of the TOS is noticed over the course of regular browsing by a Moderator that the Moderator will wait for another member to report it, the violation will be immediately acted upon.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the TOC ---

"sitting to close to me could get your posts closely watched"

I feel like I need to sing the song "Me and my shadow" ever since I made issue with a topic being moved.

You know that saying - It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys?

Many times before when a person makes comments in a topic that are out in left field and gets called on it the posts don't get removed... but like said... me and my shadow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If the mother has sole custody per local law then she should be able to get papers for that easily,. Otherwise she needs these because it is a very serious offense in the eyes of the US where she is now residing to deny the other biological parent access to their children ( immigrate with them ) without that parents consent. As soon as the children step foot in the US the other parent can file in US courts that the children have been stolen. What is her defense ?

You comment is totally without merit or fact regarding the OP...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To elucidate further on what Ryan posted: while Moderators are report driven, that doesn't mean we are ONLY allowed to respond to reports - it means that we don't go around and police the site by reading each and every post, We are also members, however, and as we visit the site for our own use, we may encounter TOS violations or problems. We are encouraged to address those problems if we encounter them in this way as well as by responding to reported problems by other members. Consider it a type of report from 'self' as member to 'self' as moderator. The 'paper trail' is left within the thread and the moderator reports the action to the Moderator team in the Moderators' forum.

All that being said, as Ryan noted, the posts were, in fact, reported.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

What about the fathers rights??? I don't know the whole story. Was he a good father??? The us has laws that prevent one parent from moving kids out if the country. for very good reasons. just saying.

The father in this case has pretty much all the rights, as in the Philippines, they're still legally married. Under Philippine law, the father's decisions trumps the mother's if they fail to agree. That is her major issue, she can't remove the children from him and move them to the USA. The father is also threatening some things about her green card status to, unless she lied to get to the USA, those threats are baseless. An example of such a lie is using a doctored CENOMAR to come on a K-1, get married, and later divorcing the Filipino husband in the USA. Don't laugh stranger things have happened.

Taking the children from the father without the proper court papers is considered international kidnapping and could affect your green card. ( you would be deported for life no possibility of a waiver) The US takes this very seriously as good number of foreign spouses do the opposite ( take a shred child out of the US and refuse to share access ) Do NOT bring the children over until you straighten this out.

The Philippines does not have reciprocity agreements on child custody with the USA and/or other countries, as they have some rather different laws that are not compatible with the rest of the world when it comes to family matters.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

The father in this case has pretty much all the rights, as in the Philippines, they're still legally married. Under Philippine law, the father's decisions trumps the mother's if they fail to agree. That is her major issue, she can't remove the children from him and move them to the USA. The father is also threatening some things about her green card status to, unless she lied to get to the USA, those threats are baseless. An example of such a lie is using a doctored CENOMAR to come on a K-1, get married, and later divorcing the Filipino husband in the USA. Don't laugh stranger things have happened.

The Philippines does not have reciprocity agreements on child custody with the USA and/or other countries, as they have some rather different laws that are not compatible with the rest of the world when it comes to family matters.

Did I miss something? The OP is IR/CR-1 (DCF), she is not still married in the Philippines, she married her USC husband in the Philippines.

The mother has custody of her children, unless a specific document exists stating otherwise.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Did I miss something? The OP is IR/CR-1 (DCF), she is not still married in the Philippines, she married her USC husband in the Philippines.

The mother has custody of her children, unless a specific document exists stating otherwise.

I think you missed where she said she divorced her ex here under another user name.

Octagon

"Hi guys, thanks for the answers. I was married to him and filed divorce here. He can't move on and he keeps giving me hard time with the kids. He was even trying to extort money from me. He really though that people in the US are just picking money everywhere. "

If she's a DCF IR/CR-1, it would have needed to have happened in a third country, not the USA, to be legal. If it was done with funny paperwork in the Philippines, then he ex could create some trouble with her green card. As we both know, a Filipino citizen cannot have a divorce from another person recognized in the Philippines if they are the filer.

Which brings us back to the situation where under Philippine law, the married father overrules the wife in matters with the children, if they disagree.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I think you missed where she said she divorced her ex here under another user name.

Octagon

"Hi guys, thanks for the answers. I was married to him and filed divorce here. He can't move on and he keeps giving me hard time with the kids. He was even trying to extort money from me. He really though that people in the US are just picking money everywhere. "

If she's a DCF IR/CR-1, it would have needed to have happened in a third country, not the USA, to be legal. If it was done with funny paperwork in the Philippines, then he ex could create some trouble with her green card. As we both know, a Filipino citizen cannot have a divorce from another person recognized in the Philippines if they are the filer.

Which brings us back to the situation where under Philippine law, the married father overrules the wife in matters with the children, if they disagree.

Sorry - don't see that.

I don't find anything other than this post listed with Octagon, and I find nothing mentioned about her divorcing him while in the states (or any other country). If that were true how did she complete the DCF which means she was living in the Philippines at the time.

I will leave this one as something "fishy" ...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sorry - don't see that.

I don't find anything other than this post listed with Octagon, and I find nothing mentioned about her divorcing him while in the states (or any other country). If that were true how did she complete the DCF which means she was living in the Philippines at the time.

I will leave this one as something "fishy" ...

Post #9 by Octagon, posting as the OP, although through a second account? Neither account has posted anything else besides this topic.

Can't agree more with the fishy statement yes.gifyes.gif Possible troll accounts? Last login by either of them was Nov 14th within 10 minutes of each other, so it probably doesn't matter much.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Post #9 by Octagon, posting as the OP, although through a second account? Neither account has posted anything else besides this topic.

Can't agree more with the fishy statement yes.gifyes.gif Possible troll accounts? Last login by either of them was Nov 14th within 10 minutes of each other, so it probably doesn't matter much.

Ahhhh..... two accounts....

(Maybe I should do that.... try and ditch my shadow. ;) )

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.