sarah and hicham

What would you do

166 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My dad has a saying...."Someone who wants to work, will work." America is full of oppertunities but you must seek them out yourself.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone that has a fiance here, I am sure their fiances' are very well educated because I really havent met anyone from the Middle East that does not have a college degree. Now they also all know that coming here they would face extreme difficulties, its a culture shock and also finding employment even for US Citizens can be difficult. Thank God they have us that are very understanding, supportive, and extremely compasionate to their situation. We are always willing to jump in and help them in anyway possible.

Can you please share what your source of information is for this?

Hey JP! Having fun?

I think Lillian was talking about her own experiences only. What she sees in her community and from people she knows.

thanks sophia for your support. I said previously that I hope I dont offend anyone, I also said that you can scratch that part of my paragraph out and chuck it up to work ethics. I have in my own personal experience, known a great deal of foreigners, not only from the Middle East but from other countries and they take education very, very seriously. So to end it, if you are a US Citizen and you accept the fact that your fiance or husband refuses to work then I salute you. Those of you that don't accept it, well I really salute you. I really think that this topic has nothing really to do with the fact that these men or women are foreigners because even if I was going to marry a us citizen, the same will still apply. NO EXCUSE. THAT IS A TOTAL DISREGARD TO YOUR FEELINGS AND FINANCIAL SITUATION.

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Timeline
Anyone that has a fiance here, I am sure their fiances' are very well educated because I really havent met anyone from the Middle East that does not have a college degree. Now they also all know that coming here they would face extreme difficulties, its a culture shock and also finding employment even for US Citizens can be difficult. Thank God they have us that are very understanding, supportive, and extremely compasionate to their situation. We are always willing to jump in and help them in anyway possible.

Can you please share what your source of information is for this?

Hey JP! Having fun?

I think Lillian was talking about her own experiences only. What she sees in her community and from people she knows.

thanks sophia for your support. I said previously that I hope I dont offend anyone, I also said that you can scratch that part of my paragraph out and chuck it up to work ethics. I have in my own personal experience, known a great deal of foreigners, not only from the Middle East but from other countries and they take education very, very seriously. So to end it, if you are a US Citizen and you accept the fact that your fiance or husband refuses to work then I salute you. Those of you that don't accept it, well I really salute you. I really think that this topic has nothing really to do with the fact that these men or women are foreigners because even if I was going to marry a us citizen, the same will still apply. NO EXCUSE. THAT IS A TOTAL DISREGARD TO YOUR FEELINGS AND FINANCIAL SITUATION.

I never said I was offended, I was just asking what your source of information was.

However I strongly disagree with you. If you are a USC married to another USC and he/she refuses to work they are not really getting a benefit from you unless you are totally loaded which is usually not the case. However a foreigner could be married to a USC for 2 years, and then leave with a green card. What if they decide to get public assistance? You would be on the line for that but you wouldnt be with a USC. There are some many differences and someones unwillingness to work says alot to me about their personality and intentions.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I have in my own personal experience, known a great deal of foreigners, not only from the Middle East but from other countries and they take education very, very seriously.

When I said formal education was not something **most** MENA people have, it wasn't to imply education is not taken seriously. I agree with you it is taken seriously, however, not all MENA countries offer totally free education through university, or at least, inexpensive education, nor is it part of the expectations trickled down from above, for instance, from the King in Morocco (it is more and more now, though). Those who can afford university I think take it very seriously, those who have been lucky enough to go through programs to be trained/educated through government or NGO programs take it very seriously, and those who didn't have the opportunity would probably take it seriously were they afforded it, in my experience.

This goes along with the other comments that American ideology of mobility is not something pervasive in all or any MENA cultures where class/caste are still very important. School is one of the things in the US that are attainable just by walking in, taking your placement test, paying or applying for aid, and making the committment (I'm not saying what follows is easy by any means, esp if you have kids, work, etc).

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Other Timeline
Just a note: I'm not referring to my husband. He worked the second he could and is waiting for EAD currently...

carry on, I like reading everyone's answers!

Can nobody else but me pick out the 1) the pathetic disclaimer 2) the inconsistent statement and 3) the lame cover?

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just a note: I'm not referring to my husband. He worked the second he could and is waiting for EAD currently...

Can nobody else but me pick out the 1) the pathetic disclaimer 2) the inconsistent statement and 3) the lame cover?

:whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Something just came to mind while I was reading these replys. I feel like I am on a merry go round, we keep going over the same things. I honestly believe that the bottom line to the whole question is "work ethics". I am talking about all kinds of foreigners or US citizens.

I have been to Morocco 3 times and with every visit I saw beggers in the street. Some even with new born babies. Well I am sorry to say but when these beggers arise in the morning they feel they are going to work. If I might say, they probably make more money as a begger than maybe an educated man. My fiance told me of an incident where a begger put out his hand to his uncle. His uncle told him to come back the next day and he will hire him. He asked what the wages were and he totally turned this job down.

My fiance's brother has a degree and he chooses to work in the fields with his father preparing to sell olive oil. So again work ethics, some get up in the morning to walk around selling watches and wallets in the street. There was not 1 time where someone approached us at a coffee shop so that we can buy something. Some women get up and go to the parks to do paintings on peoples arms. This is work. If they spend all these hours doing that then why can't they come here and work.

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Timeline

Well lets see its been a civil debate for 7 pages, so I guess you are trying to start a fight? Pretty lame if you ask me. I don't see why you would come out of no where to ignite a fight now after 6 pages of good discussion.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Well, if you actually knew anything abt Sarah & Hicham, you'd know that 1) Hicham was offered a job immediately at a Moroccan restaurant on his temp EAD and B) 2) he is waiting for his permanent EAD since they filed AOS recently. I think it's a pretty good discussion and the answers have been enlightening and helpful.

Now, carry on - I like reading the answers too.

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
Look, people don't usually ask such a question for no reason. It's a sensitive subject you have to admit. So my mistake if I don't get why the question is here.

Hey, no problem, Sarah does also like to be a sh!t-stirrer, it just happens this time she wasn't B) .

eta: now, if all of you reading could go on over and answer my question - *that* would be helpful! :P

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, if you actually knew anything abt Sarah & Hicham, you'd know that 1) Hicham was offered a job immediately at a Moroccan restaurant on his temp EAD and B) 2) he is waiting for his permanent EAD since they filed AOS recently. I think it's a pretty good discussion and the answers have been enlightening and helpful.

Now, carry on - I like reading the answers too.

Thank you Noura.

I didn't know Rebbeca and I had an issue I have talked to her in chat a few times and I thoght she was pretty nice.

I guess you never know about people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.