sarah and hicham

What would you do

166 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
No you don't have to apologize Sara. You just need to ask yourself why you are posing the question.

What is your problem? Now you are Sarah's moral compass, instructing her on what she needs to do? It's a question. It's not the first time this has been discussed in this forum, and based on the number of replies, obviously is a topic people care to discuss.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you don't have to apologize Sara. You just need to ask yourself why you are posing the question.

What is your problem? Now you are Sarah's moral compass, instructing her on what she needs to do? It's a question. It's not the first time this has been discussed in this forum, and based on the number of replies, obviously is a topic people care to discuss.

I'm hardly anyone's moral compass. But my point certainly seems to be annoying you.

Maybe 'cause she's interested in the answer? It hardly implies she's worried about it personally, unless all the posts in off-topic about news items in Iraq mean the people posting it are s3kritly Iraqi.

Caladan, my experience is that people don't usually ask questions for no reason. They may participate in a discussion because they have opinions, but they usually don't start a discussion unless they have some reason. Especially when it comes to sensitive questions, which I believe this one was. The example you give of a political discussion doesn't compare apples to apples.

I was raised in a conservative, polite somewhat southern community. Asking this type of question in public, where I come from, would be considered somewhat catty. A question designed to 'round up the troops' so to speak against the person who has the embarrassing social problem.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm hardly anyone's moral compass. But my point certainly seems to be annoying you.

queen becca, i respectfully submit that it seems some here are annoyed by someone posting in mena when they don't have a mena SO...........

your humble servant

charles.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Look, people don't usually ask such a question for no reason. It's a sensitive subject you have to admit. So my mistake if I don't get why the question is here.

Do you think I am upset because my husband won't work? He legally cannot work right now but once he gets his EAD he'll be back at it. Thank you for your concern.

My question is asking those who have their fiances/husbands coming what they would do if their husband wouldn't work. I know it has happened to some so I think my question is a legitimate one.

Sara, I didn't know if you were upset or not. I thought your question had to be out there for a reason though. Either you are upset or you know it has happened to others.

Since you say you're not upset, then it has to be that it's happened to others. In which case I think it's up to them to post the question IF they want to know what other people would do.

Soooooo....that being said.....my only 'issue' would be the 'legitimacy' (as you put it) of your question.

I don't really understand why out of all the threads on this forum you came after me about legitimacy issues with the topic I started. I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to ask a hypothetical question to the members in thie forum. I am truly sorry to everyone for asking something that doesn't pertain to myself or my husband.

I dont' think you have anything to apologize for. If all of us stuck to posting to topics that only had a personal impact on us, this site wouldnt' be as robust as it is.

first of all, my name is Sarah, with an H as it is spelled in my ID.

Secondly, the question I asked has a lot to do with men from ME/NA. This is the ME/NA forum. I asked this question because I am interested in knowing the answers, but not because I am in that position. I have heard from some people that this can be an issue for some who come to the US thinking everything is easy as pie. I wanted to know what people's reactions would be if their husband decided he didn't want to work. Once again, my husband has worked since the day he legally could and is waiting for his EAD now to continue. He never complains about working and I know he enjoys it.

I just don't get why I need to ask myself why I posted this question Rebecca. I think my explanations should suffice. I am asking a question that effects a lot of the people in this forum in order to start a discussion.

Once again, I apologize for asking a question that has nothing to do with my husband or myself.

No, you're just annoying me, I don't see your point. I have no idea what the motives were for this post, but I participated quite a bit and I didn't see Sarah post much at all.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

queen becca, i respectfully submit that it seems some here are annoyed by someone posting in mena when they don't have a mena SO...........

your humble servant

charles.

That could be it Charles. As my husband is not from the Middle East, I couldn't possibly have any clue about marriage, real life, or common courtesy as it relates to message boards.

No, you're just annoying me, I don't see your point. I have no idea what the motives were for this post, but I participated quite a bit and I didn't see Sarah post much at all.

Pardon me.

.... I wanted to know what people's reactions would be if their husband decided he didn't want to work.

Why?

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

your humble servant

charles.

That could be it Charles. As my husband is not from the Middle East, I couldn't possibly have any clue about marriage, real life, or common courtesy as it relates to message boards.

Pardon me.

.... I wanted to know what people's reactions would be if their husband decided he didn't want to work.

Why?

Why not?

Timeline
Well Sara, as your friend peezey said today....just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.

Oh...answering a question with a question is just...well...pathetic.

Once again, my name is SARAH with an H. Sad how you are replying to a person however you can't quite seem to get the name right still.

I am asking you why not because your question "why" is pathetic enough to start with and doesn't deserve a reply at this point. I have already explained myself several times even though I shouldn't have because you can't quite seem to understand.

You are right, you can post wherever you want whenever you want as can I. I still don't understand though why you are so adament on making my question into some kind of problem.

Timeline
Well Sara, as your friend peezey said today....just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.

Once again, my name is SARAH with an H. Sad how you are replying to a person however you can't quite seem to get the name right still.

I am asking you why not because your question "why" is pathetic enough to start with and doesn't deserve a reply at this point. I have already explained myself several times even though I shouldn't have because you can't quite seem to understand.

You are right, you can post wherever you want whenever you want as can I. I still don't understand though why you are so adament on making my question into some kind of problem.

I think he is trying to get you to admit something.....

Timeline

I think he is trying to get you to admit something.....

This is what I don't understand. What is she trying to get me to admit? I think I have said several times that THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR MYSELF OR MY HUSBAND and also Hicham started working the first day that he could here.......

so what should I admit to?

Sarah I apologize for continually getting the spelling of your name wrong. I've known more Saras spelled the other way.

Now, since you seem to think I don't understand your explanation, I'll break things down for you....

I clearly understand that the scenario you presented doesn't pertain to your marriage. I've got that.

I clearly understand that your question is posed because you have seen other women in the scenario you describe. You stated that.

I clearly understand that you are not involved in an occupation for which you might be doing statistical research. I clearly understand that you aren't writing some sort of thesis for your doctorate in Human Behavior.

Given these understandings, tell me why your question has any value beyond being able to peer down from sort of self-perceived notch on a societal rung while you watch the peasants scurrying about?

My God,

I don't want to get involved in arguing with anyone, but someone needs a reality check and it isn't Sarah.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.