typo808

visa arrived today! And discount PAL ticket?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well 6 years ago there was a discount. But the easiest way is to send her money, and she can book at the local PAL office. But the fare was 600 dollars or so, from Laoag to Honolulu. Lucky she goin need only 1 flight to Oahu. So. You goin have lau lau or lechon at the luau?

Kailua pig from da imu fo' da wedding. Of course going have laulau, pork and squid. She stay Hawaii now, local style all da way! Bra, I no ask dem fo make laulau wen I'm dea, so she going grind local style. Maybe we going grab some Chinese style roast pork, jus fo' be safe. I hope she like da poi! Lol! HAwaiian!! Bruddah bu style!!

K den.

Edited by typo808

St. Raphael's travel offers a 1st time immigrants discount. K-1 may not be eligible. Best of luck and congratulations!!

http://santraphael.com/home.php

Bob

Edited by calibob
  • Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Timeline

Sounds good. But I thought you were asking for a discount suggestions. So I thought, me saving $100 is better than getting a 10% discount ✌️

I should have elaborated. Sorry.

We are trying to get her here ASAP. If I can't locate a discount, as there seems to be different experiences and who knows what is available right now, I'll spend the extra money and just do it. We still have a little time, we'll keep looking around. I'm researching everyone's info right now.

We do appreciate everyone's input regarding this. If we find that the "first time.......fare" does still exist, I'll be sure to report back!

Timeline

I should have elaborated. Sorry.

We are trying to get her here ASAP. If I can't locate a discount, as there seems to be different experiences and who knows what is available right now, I'll spend the extra money and just do it. We still have a little time, we'll keep looking around. I'm researching everyone's info right now.

We do appreciate everyone's input regarding this. If we find that the "first time.......fare" does still exist, I'll be sure to report back!

do try st raphael's travel as the previous poster suggested. i got a quote for $685 and this is MNL-LAX-Las Vegas. Try sending them an email to compare which one would provide a better deal. Good luck!

Timeline

Got it for $560, MNL to HNL. The price fluctuated on PAL web site. It was $560 in the am, after 12pm it jumped to $640 and remained there until 8pm (this is all PST) when it dropped back to $560.

Checked other places and this is the best price, even with discounts. Thanks all!

Timeline

Seems like PAL is the cheapest, but also the best choice. A direct flight to Honolulu with no worries about connecting flights. That is good that your wife likes local food. I guess she won't be complaining about food, weather or culture shock.

Timeline

Thanks all! She'll be here Thursday at noon. I'll have a pikake lei waiting for her, I don't remember the name in Tagalog but its the national flower of the Philippines. You find them being sold as rosary outside churches in Philippines. Small, off white flower that smells like royalty.

It's the flower I bought for her when I proposed to her in Santa Maria, the church she attends.

Can't wait! 4 months is the longest we have been apart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.