Danno

Ever Think about ADOPTING?

105 posts in this topic

News flash back. We all have to deal with our own ######, even those WASPS that constantly lose points when going though a job interview, cause they arent women or minorities. I faced sexism all my life back home. Life is tough for everybody, no matter what incarnations that duress may take.

Funny thing about that. Guess what race benefits most from Affirmative Action?

http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/affirmative-action-has-helped-white-women-more-than-anyone/

So does that mean you're less qualified? You very well could be where you are due to AA. Scary, ain't it?

White women have to deal with sexism, black women have to deal with that AND being black on top of it.

Edited by Su and Marvin

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Seems like a storm in a glass of water to me.

Everyone's so sensitive.

Next time someone calls me a woman, I'll make sure to throw a fit, because I identify myself as a dancing unicorn, really?

If you want to be called a dancing unicorn I will still respect you and treat you like a human being that wants to be called a dancing unicorn. I wouldn't go around assuming everyone wants to be called a dancing unicorn.

No one gets a pass.

As to mulatto term, grow up. It's a term used in most European languages, it has no negative connotations. Mulatto and mulatta, like latino and latina.

The "n" word is interesting, I still dont get it how it perfectly acceptable for black people to use it, but a crime if whites speak it?

Actually it's not a crime. If you want to say it be my guest. I don't use it, nor do I tolerate anyone around me who says it.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Actually it's not a crime. If you want to say it be my guest. I don't use it, nor do I tolerate anyone around me who says it.

As Marvin s official back up token black on VJ, i back him up on his N word claim and validate his consistency

As Marvin s official back up token black on VJ, i back him up on his N word claim and validate his consistency

Thanks my brother from another motherdancin5hr.gif

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No one gets a pass.

As to mulatto term, grow up. It's a term used in most European languages, it has no negative connotations. Mulatto and mulatta, like latino and latina.

The "n" word is interesting, I still dont get it how it perfectly acceptable for black people to use it, but a crime if whites speak it?

I doubt there is much need for the word mulatto in Romania. You need to learn more about American culture and not just text book English.

But it isnt one example. It is the majority of examples. The balance between good experiences and bad experiences is completely off. Does that mean that I automatically think a decent looking black person is bad or dangerous or anything like that? Of course not. Do I assume I should keep my distance if he has saggy pants and the general thug demeanor? You betcha sweet #### I do.

The black doctor discussion was related to the positive discrimination aspect. I assume all professionals that have benefited from positive discrimination policies are less qualified than those who got their degrees without any help from their gender or race. I dont think a black doctor is inferior to a white one, if they were both held to the same high standards throughout their academic and professional life. If they werent, however, it is my health and my right to chose someone I feel more comfortable with.

Blacks were slaves because, yes, they were inferior in the degree of development. Because they were still tribal (what am I talking about, they ARE still tribal nowadays), and because the white had weapons and the ability to cross the ocean, and a complex, developed society. Slavery is not a black one phenomenon, but something that seems to be ingrained in the human needs for power and conquest. Crying over something that happened over 150 years ago is a sign of weakness.

So, I just re-read this. If you found out you benefited from AA, do you think you're less qualified than the person that didn't get hired?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Funny thing about that. Guess what race benefits most from Affirmative Action?

http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/affirmative-action-has-helped-white-women-more-than-anyone/

So does that mean you're less qualified? You very well could be where you are due to AA. Scary, ain't it?

White women have to deal with sexism, black women have to deal with that AND being black on top of it.

Using the logic of this Article, It could also be said White people benefit more from the Public education system as whites tend to accomplish higher grades and Graduate at greater rates.

Of course women gained more, there are more women than there are Blacks or Black males alone.

The greatest beneficiaries of AA is (drum roll please)........ BlaCK women.

unwed%20births%2072%20percent--698472301

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Using the logic of this Article, It could also be said White people benefit more from the Public education system as whites tend to accomplish higher grades and Graduate at greater rates.

Of course women gained more, there are more women than there are Blacks or Black males alone.

The greatest beneficiaries of AA is (drum roll please)........ BlaCK women.

unwed%20births%2072%20percent--698472301

I know you love black women.

Timeline

If you read the beginning of your post, it states about unsuitable black males which means the problem is not that black women are undesirable, they are choosing to wait for a black man. BIG DIFFERENCE

I thought I pointed out clearly that the problem is multifaceted.

-Fewer Black men available

-Increasing numbers of Black men are able to locate romance from other races.

-Few men of other races are interested.

-As some Black women achieve more in education (than Black men), it further limits their circle of eligible suiters (Howz about that term)rofl.gif

Happy-Mixed-Couple_000011822901Small.jpg

William Penn

Where does it say that Danno?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I thought I pointed out clearly that the problem is multifaceted.

-Fewer Black men available

-Increasing numbers of Black men are able to locate romance from other races.

-Few men of other races are interested.

-As some Black women achieve more in education (than Black men), it further limits their circle of eligible suiters (Howz about that term)rofl.gif

Happy-Mixed-Couple_000011822901Small.jpg

Where is the proven research that fewer men from other races are not terested in black women? You have not shown this to me yet Dr. Dannoland.

Where does it say that Danno?

Thing i like about Black Women.They don't pretend..They know they got the cake straight out of the gate

Older black man that used to work for me in the mines. i gave him a job at our new plant. Great very charismatic guy, all the supervisors loved him. I put him working with another black female in the shipping Dept. She was much younger than him. So I ask him has he tried to score with her yet. He said no he has not. I asked him why,he explained she was too young.

He did say he asked her for some. I asked why since he did not want to. He explained if you work around women and don't hint around for some they get insulated.

Edited by The conciliator

Timeline

Where is the proven research that fewer men from other races are not terested in black women? You have not shown this to me yet Dr. Dannoland.

Now the extensive Study below tells us nothing we didn't already know.

One of the things this study does so Beautifully is .....Highlight DANNO being right again concerning "DWL" (disingenuous white liberals) and how fake and phony that are about RACE.

They Claim the don't see race..... it does not even come to their mind but you see, only 5% dared to contact Black folks when looking for a date.

Now I was honest enough to say straight out, I avoid dating much outside my race.

Janelle Marvin, don't you wish DWL were as Honest about things as I am?

I told you..... they are fake and phony, look where they live, look where they shop and look at their token minority friends.

I like Black people (just not Black culture).

===================================== WHITES PREFER WHITES WHEN DATING ONLINE

dating_race_1.jpg

WHITES PREFER WHITES WHEN DATING ONLINE

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY

Posted by Yasmin Anwar-UC Berkeley on

February 16, 2011

UC BERKELEY (US) — The quest for a post-racial society continues, even in the world of online dating, new research shows.

Data from more than 1 million profiles of singles looking for love online confirms that whites overwhelmingly prefer to date members of their own race. The same is not true for blacks, especially men, who are far more likely to cross the race barrier to meet a mate.

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, analyzed the racial preferences and online activity of people from the United States who subscribed between 2009 and 2010 to a major Internet dating service. In their profiles, the online daters stated if they had a racial preference.

Researchers were then able to compare the online daters’ stated preferences with whom they actually contacted for a date, and they found profound differences between blacks and whites.

“Those who said they were indifferent to the race of a partner were most likely to be young, male and black,” says Gerald Mendelsohn, a psychologist, professor of graduate studies, and lead author of the study, which will soon be submitted for publication.

Overall, he said, “Whites more than blacks, women more than men and old more than young participants stated a preference for a partner of the same race,”

The reluctance of whites to contact blacks was true even for those who claimed they were indifferent to race. More than 80 percent of the whites contacted whites and fewer than 5 percent of them contacted blacks, a disparity that held for young as well as for older participants.

“Were they hypocritical? Alert to the realities of the social world? Striving for political correctness? Attempting an optimizing strategy of self-presentation? Our data do not permit us to choose among those alternatives,” the study authors write.

The last 40 years have seen a dramatic shift in attitudes in America toward black-white intermarriage—from three to one opposed to three to one in favor, says Mendelsohn. Yet, 2000 U.S. Census data shows that black-white couples represent just 1 percent of American marriages, he said.

The main findings of this study parallel the census data on marriage in that blacks are more likely than whites to be in interracial marriages, and that couples in which the husband is black and the wife is white are more common than those in which the husband is white and the wife is black, according to Mendelsohn.

“One theory is that blacks are acting like other minority populations in the history of this country,” Mendelsohn says. “They are interested in moving up in the power structure, and one way you do that is through intermarriage with the dominant group.”

According to the study, more than 80 percent of the online dating contacts initiated by whites were to other whites, with only 3 percent going to blacks. This trend held for both men and women, young and old. Although black participants initiated contact to members of their own race more than to whites, they were ten times more likely to contact whites than vice versa, according the study.

The researchers also tracked the rates of reciprocation among the pool of online daters, looking at how they responded once they received a message from an interested potential partner. Again, white men and women were most likely to respond to members of their own race, and only 5 percent of their responses went to blacks.

More news from UC Berkeley: http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is being locked for various TOS violations. Don't restart it.

TBoneTX

on behalf of VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).