Danno

Ever Think about ADOPTING?

105 posts in this topic

You wrong about that.

Any idiot that looks like those are on my list of avoid..White, Black or otherwise

Peter pan?

If so, why does the Biebster get a pass? Have you seen how he dresses and acts? What about rock stars that are tatted up from head to toe?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I don't get it..what is wrong with Mulatto

seriously i don't know

It has gone the way of "colored" and is considered to be offensive by many, most importantly by people who are mixed race.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

####### is wrong with "mulatto"? Brain washed much?

I am curious about that also. I have never hear that was a prohibited or even offensive word.

mu·lat·to (m-lt, -lät, my-)

n. pl. mu·lat·tos or mu·lat·toes

1. A person having one white and one Black parent. See Usage Note at octoroon.

2. A person of mixed white and Black ancestry.

I don't get it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

Although still in use by some, the term mulatto has fallen out of favor, and is considered offensive by some in the United States.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Now Jenelle, you are well aware of the huge problem Black women have finding suitable life partners, even within their own race.

As much as 70% of Black females are single!

In fact there are two groups noted to have this struggle, Black females and Asian males.

Asian mAles struggle mostly because Asian females are quite desirable by all other racial groups where as they, are found to be less desirable by other races.

(Yes I know it happens especially for professionals but not close to the same rates as Asian females).

Black womans situation is a bit different, for them Black males suitable for marriage are just not available in sufficient numbers. It so happens that the very age for marriage is the same years So many black males are incarcerated or not thinking about commitment or not able to step up.

Additionally, a number of Black males are in relationships with girls in other races, some Black males seem to have no interest in Black females at all further reducing the pool of available Men.

If that were not enough, a Black women with a college degree who graduates unattached are even less likely to find a lifelong mate. Their rates are the worst!

Black males with a degrees find white mates at even greater rates and they also have degrees at much lower rates than Black females, there fore reducing her pool to fish from.

2.png

One need only google Why are so many Black women single to find endless facts and reporting on this serious social problem.

Here is one I didn't read but I think I know what it will say.

http://beyond-politics.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Are-So-Many-Black-Women-Single-Part-1

If you read the beginning of your post, it states about unsuitable black males which means the problem is not that black women are undesirable, they are choosing to wait for a black man. BIG DIFFERENCE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I brought it up to highlight what blacks have had to deal with in retrospect of other people that come here and don't have that in the background and the negative connotations that came with it.

No one is not admitting there is a problem within the black community. In fact, we have to hear about every single day. Not to mention being black, kind of makes it hard to escape it. The problem is we are given limited resources and told to deal with it. Killings go on in white neighborhoods, new laws are passed and things get done. Black neighborhoods? No one cares.

Here's a news flash for you. I dress like I have some sense. I speak proper english. I abhor ignorance probably more than you do. I married a woman that exudes class like water in to an ocean. Guess what? I still get pulled over by cops for being in the wrong area(code word, white neighborhoods), I still get asked if I can rap or beat box, I still get profiled when I go to certain restaurants and stores. So you're answer of every single black person becoming perfect, doesn't work.

News flash back. We all have to deal with our own , even those WASPS that constantly lose points when going though a job interview, cause they arent women or minorities. I faced sexism all my life back home. Life is tough for everybody, no matter what incarnations that duress may take.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

If so, why does the Biebster get a pass? Have you seen how he dresses and acts? What about rock stars that are tatted up from head to toe?

No one gets a pass.

As to mulatto term, grow up. It's a term used in most European languages, it has no negative connotations. Mulatto and mulatta, like latino and latina.

The "n" word is interesting, I still dont get it how it perfectly acceptable for black people to use it, but a crime if whites speak it?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

####### is wrong with "mulatto"? Brain washed much?

I'm sorry that you aren't fully conversant in the subtleties of the American condition as it pertains to race. As I said above, it is considered vulgar by many these days. I am not brainwashed but sensitive to how people choose to describe themselves. There are some who would call me mixed race, but I am not since "Hispanic" is not a race. I'm sure there's some smidge of Native blood in there, but I'm for all intents and purposes white. I describe myself and classify myself as white, not only in my physical appearance, but also more broadly in my tastes, upbringing and opportunities in life. I denote myself as white, and I expect others to do so as well if I tell them that I am.

If someone told me they identified as mulatto, I would respect that. If they identify as mixed race, white, black, Asian, Native, that is how I would refer to them. I do not define them, and in turn they do not define me.

As to mulatto term, grow up. It's a term used in most European languages, it has no negative connotations. Mulatto and mulatta, like latino and latina.

This isn't Europe.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Although still in use by some, the term mulatto has fallen out of favor, and is considered offensive by some in the United States.

That may be so, but mulatto and bi-racial are not synonymous. Mullato is a subclass of mixed population.

event.png

Timeline

I'm sorry that you aren't fully conversant in the subtleties of the American condition as it pertains to race. As I said above, it is considered vulgar by many these days. I am not brainwashed but sensitive to how people choose to describe themselves. There are some who would call me mixed race, but I am not since "Hispanic" is not a race. I'm sure there's some smidge of Native blood in there, but I'm for all intents and purposes white. I describe myself and classify myself as white, not only in my physical appearance, but also more broadly in my tastes, upbringing and opportunities in life. I denote myself as white, and I expect others to do so as well if I tell them that I am.

If someone told me they identified as mulatto, I would respect that. If they identify as mixed race, white, black, Asian, Native, that is how I would refer to them. I do not define them, and in turn they do not define me.

This isn't Europe.

Seems like a storm in a glass of water to me.

Everyone's so sensitive.

Next time someone calls me a woman, I'll make sure to throw a fit, because I identify myself as a dancing unicorn, really?

event.png

Never heard that

Not a word I have ever had the need to use. Maybe we can get a email list so we know when a word becomes officially offensive.

We just usually say half breed, Red or high yellow devil.gif

This isn't Europe.

Ok I had never heard that was offensive. i thought it was more of a academic term used by anthropologist and such

But really..Throwing up all over your screen..A bit (OA) Philippine term for high drama..Over Acting

Timeline

According to the Webster dictionary, the term has absolutely no derogatory connotations.

But, please, vomit away, must be nice to be riddled with such first world problems.

event.png

That may be so, but mulatto and bi-racial are not synonymous. Mullato is a subclass of mixed population.

I wonder who was ground zero for Mullato becoming offensive.

It never ceases to amaze me

I bet someone described the President as Mullato and some Leftnista did not like it

Now here is the rub..I wonder which half it degrades The white or the black