BrettJ

Trying to move K1 from one Embassy to another

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are stuck in manila embassy heck. It left Qatar over a month ago. They got it before the typhon hit. We tried calling from my fiance side and states. When she got hold of a person in the Embassy they took all of her information than said they can't help her! They told her to email: IVManilaAttachments@state.gov Which I have done several times and they say nothing to me but check the CEAC website. Going on 2 months for us. To say I'm mad would be an understatement! This whole process is BS. They really need to be able to communicate better with people and let them know what is going on! Thats the worst part is the lack of communication!

wow! i can't believe this is happening. I don't understand what's keeping them calling you that they got it? I called them yesterday and after a long hold, I asked them if they got my file or to confirm to me that they really did requested from Abu Dhabi the transfer and if it says on the system... just for me to have peace of mind that my case is somewhat "on process". after giving all my details, they told me that they can't help me and that i should just send them an email (same as they told you)....! CEAC status is still READY (this is the status when NVC sent the files to Abu Dhabi. I assume this will change once they send it to Manila.

May I just ask, you said that they got it before the typhoon, how did you know that they already have your file?

This looooooong wait is frustrating. Everyday, i keep praying that today will be my lucky day and will get good news. This loooong wait is very frustrating.

Once you hear from them, can you please update me? you are the only one that have the same case as me. I will appreciate it.

Goodluck to us!

Timeline

wow! i can't believe this is happening. I don't understand what's keeping them calling you that they got it? I called them yesterday and after a long hold, I asked them if they got my file or to confirm to me that they really did requested from Abu Dhabi the transfer and if it says on the system... just for me to have peace of mind that my case is somewhat "on process". after giving all my details, they told me that they can't help me and that i should just send them an email (same as they told you)....! CEAC status is still READY (this is the status when NVC sent the files to Abu Dhabi. I assume this will change once they send it to Manila.

May I just ask, you said that they got it before the typhoon, how did you know that they already have your file?

This looooooong wait is frustrating. Everyday, i keep praying that today will be my lucky day and will get good news. This loooong wait is very frustrating.

Once you hear from them, can you please update me? you are the only one that have the same case as me. I will appreciate it.

Goodluck to us!

Transfer Time line.

Oct 9th: Start correspondence with Manila embassy

Oct 16th: This refers to the K1 case of the referenced individual.

To enable us to process the transfer request, the applicant(I thought applicant was me) must provide us with a written justification for the proposed transfer.

Oct 17th: We referred your communication to our processing team for appropriate action.

Oct 21 Email response: We referred your communication to our processing team for appropriate action.

2nd Response Oct 21: Dear Mr. Jensen:

This refers to your request to transfer the K1 case of the referenced individual.

As indicated in our previous communication, Ms. XXXX must provide us with a signed letter indicating the justification for the proposed transfer before we can take action on the case.

(sent letter signed from fiance to Manila embassy)

Nov 11th: Dear Mr. Jensen:

This refers to the K1 case of the referenced individual.

We have requested the U.S. Embassy in Doha to forward the visa file to Manila. We will notify your fiancée as soon as we receive the petition.

Nov 25th: email I sent to get an update with no response from Manila embassy.

Nov 27th (from Doha Embassy): Your Transfer is in Progress.

For real time case status updates, please visit the following website, using your application ID (barcode) or case number:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx.

From my point of view it seems if you have to transfer to a busy embassy like Manila than a natural disaster happens it takes a long time. I just hope the visa is not lost.

Currently we are running into problems getting police reports from Qatar and Bahrain. Can take up to 3 months! If it's not one thing it's another. Also more requirements, money, and pain to get it. Sigh

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Timeline

Transfer Time line.

Oct 9th: Start correspondence with Manila embassy

Oct 16th: This refers to the K1 case of the referenced individual.

To enable us to process the transfer request, the applicant(I thought applicant was me) must provide us with a written justification for the proposed transfer.

Oct 17th: We referred your communication to our processing team for appropriate action.

Oct 21 Email response: We referred your communication to our processing team for appropriate action.

2nd Response Oct 21: Dear Mr. Jensen:

This refers to your request to transfer the K1 case of the referenced individual.

As indicated in our previous communication, Ms. XXXX must provide us with a signed letter indicating the justification for the proposed transfer before we can take action on the case.

(sent letter signed from fiance to Manila embassy)

Nov 11th: Dear Mr. Jensen:

This refers to the K1 case of the referenced individual.

We have requested the U.S. Embassy in Doha to forward the visa file to Manila. We will notify your fiancée as soon as we receive the petition.

Nov 25th: email I sent to get an update with no response from Manila embassy.

Nov 27th (from Doha Embassy): Your Transfer is in Progress.

For real time case status updates, please visit the following website, using your application ID (barcode) or case number:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx.

From my point of view it seems if you have to transfer to a busy embassy like Manila than a natural disaster happens it takes a long time. I just hope the visa is not lost.

Currently we are running into problems getting police reports from Qatar and Bahrain. Can take up to 3 months! If it's not one thing it's another. Also more requirements, money, and pain to get it. Sigh

Thanks for giving me the dates! Well appreciated!

MIne is:

Oct 1st - email sent to Manila Embassy requesting file transfer (No Reply, just the auto reply that "Thank you for contacting the Immigrant Visa Unit of the US Embassy"

Nov 8th - another email sent (same as previous) and asking confirmation if they got my first email (No reply. just same auto reply)

Nov 20th - another email sent

Nov 21st - they replied for my Nov 20th email. Imagine, they didn't do anything about my 1st 2 emails!

We have requested the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi to forward the visa file to Manila. We will notify you as soon as we receive the petition.... n the meantime, you may check the status of your K1 case via the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) weblink: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

Nov 26th - email sent, asking for update. No reply just same auto reply.

Nov 29th - called embassy - unhelpful! "Customer Service Access is limited, please send an email"

Dec 1 - email sent asking for update, No reply!!!

I don't know what to do now, and how long we have to wait. I don't mind waiting, as long as I know what's going on!!!

Has she not gotten a police report from Qatar and Bahrain before she left? I got mine from UAE before I left. But only valid until Feb 12, which is for 3 months. I have asked question to Manila Embassy if I need to provide a valid police clearance during the interview as my clearance is only good for 3 months and might expire before the interview date. That made me really worried.

This is their reply, i guess i still needed to provide because I was a resident of UAE at the time of application... but will not be required to get another police clearance since i no longer reside in UAE as this is only given to residents who are present in UAE.

"Police certificates are not available to foreign nationals who are non-residents of the United Arab Emirates. In this regard, you are not expected to produce one if you are no longer residing in Dubai at the time of the visa application."

Timeline

Has she not gotten a police report from Qatar and Bahrain before she left? I got mine from UAE before I left. But only valid until Feb 12, which is for 3 months. I have asked question to Manila Embassy if I need to provide a valid police clearance during the interview as my clearance is only good for 3 months and might expire before the interview date. That made me really worried.

It happened very quickly. Her boss was jerk. If she could have stayed 6 more weeks she would be here right now. We had no choice. She was in a bad spot and did not have time to tie up loose ends.

This is their reply, i guess i still needed to provide because I was a resident of UAE at the time of application... but will not be required to get another police clearance since i no longer reside in UAE as this is only given to residents who are present in UAE.

By working in UAE your considered a resident? odd.

I don't know what to do now, and how long we have to wait. I don't mind waiting, as long as I know what's going on!!! My biggest complaint with this process is the lack of communication whether electronic or voice.

All we have at this point is God and prayer.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Timeline

It happened very quickly. Her boss was jerk. If she could have stayed 6 more weeks she would be here right now. We had no choice. She was in a bad spot and did not have time to tie up loose ends.

By working in UAE your considered a resident? odd.

I don't know what to do now, and how long we have to wait. I don't mind waiting, as long as I know what's going on!!! My biggest complaint with this process is the lack of communication whether electronic or voice.

All we have at this point is God and prayer.

Yep, if you are working in UAE you have the right to reside there.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Christmas Miracle! Finally Manila has recognized the move from Doha Embassy. We are now able to proceed. We should have payment on Dec 26 so we can start scheduling and filling out forms. Also have police report coming from Qatar just waiting on Bahrain now. Crazy stuff.

Timeline

Glad to hear things are finally starting to move forward. good.gif

Yes, I couldn't believe it. Just took an extra 2.5 months time. Things happen for a reason.

• 7 months later...
Timeline

Hi.... We are also having a problem on the changed of address for the beneficiary and eventually, changing of interview location(embassy/consulate)...

Our file as of today is at the NVC, they acknowledged the fact that our file has arrived at the nvc but no case number yet and have not really looked and checked if the address was changed from china to philippines... We sent emails, mail and made calls to change it while it was still at uscis but no action taken.

I was working in china when my USC petitioner filed the case so i used my address there before...unfortunately, said petition took so long to be approved(petition was filed last 2008). On 2010, my contract ended and my school couldnt renew my visa anymore so i had to returned home(philippines)... So we need to change previous address in china to my home country philippines...

USC petitioner called nvc today but they said they can't do anything until they read our email of change address and consulate request.which they said may not happen....

What's the best thing to do???

Thanks...

Hi.... We are also having a problem on the changed of address for the beneficiary and eventually, changing of interview location(embassy/consulate)...

Our file as of today is at the NVC, they acknowledged the fact that our file has arrived at the nvc but no case number yet and have not really looked and checked if the address was changed from china to philippines... We sent emails, mail and made calls to change it while it was still at uscis but no action taken.

I was working in china when my USC petitioner filed the case so i used my address there before...unfortunately, said petition took so long to be approved(petition was filed last 2008). On 2010, my contract ended and my school couldnt renew my visa anymore so i had to returned home(philippines)... So we need to change previous address in china to my home country philippines...

USC petitioner called nvc today but they said they can't do anything until they read our email of change address and consulate request.which they said may not happen....

What's the best thing to do???

Thanks...

Just contact manila embassy requesting your files to be transferred from china to manila..it really causing delays,be patient. .mine from manila to abu dhabi, I requested june 14,I got reply june 16,manila embassy send my files on july 1,and until now I am still waiting for them to physically received my files.goodluck ?

Timeline

Just contact manila embassy requesting your files to be transferred from china to manila..it really causing delays,be patient. .mine from manila to abu dhabi, I requested june 14,I got reply june 16,manila embassy send my files on july 1,and until now I am still waiting for them to physically received my files.goodluck ?

Thanks a lot for the info! We'll keep calling nvc too hoping they were able to do something since no case # has been assigned yet... Then if it does got sent to china , then the waiting never ends i guess...

Thanks a lot for the info! We'll keep calling nvc too hoping they were able to do something since no case # has been assigned yet... Then if it does got sent to china , then the waiting never ends i guess...

I don't think if nvc has something to do with it..Because k1 doesn't stay longer in nvc..but don't lose hope..waiting is the hardest thing, but its always worth the wait ? Goodluck

Timeline

I don't think if nvc has something to do with it..Because k1 doesn't stay longer in nvc..but don't lose hope..waiting is the hardest thing, but its always worth the wait ? Goodluck

I know :-( Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.