BrettJ

Trying to move K1 from one Embassy to another

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is what I have done. I contact Doha first. They have chat at their embassy. I got a UID number from them. They said I need that to move it to Manila embassy. Next via email I contact Manila embassy (I was never able to get through via phone number). They requested a document with my fiance stating why the case needed to be moved (keep it short and to the point). You need to have her sign it and than email it to the embassy. I used my email address for all of the correspondence. Once that was complete they said they would get it moved. I did not hear anything for about 2 weeks. I emailed several times. Recently I got a response saying that it was being moved. Now when I go to the CEAC website with the old Doha number it has a status of transferring. We are now 6 weeks into the moving process. If her Boss would have let her stay in Doha we would be done and she would be her next week. Now with this delay and the recovery effort in phils I have no idea. At least something is happening.

Email I used to contact Manila: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Phils Number for Manila Embassy: (632) 301- 2000

US number: (703) 520-2235

FYI: I called State Department to see if i did everything correctly and to see if anything else need to be done and they said I did everything I needed to do.

Thank you! I sent them (manila embassy) an email last nov 1st to ask for a transfer. But I still dont have reply from them. Its getting frustrating. They can at least acknowledge my email that they got it, would have bben good.

Timeline

Hopefully you will get the MNL # so you can at least get the ball rolling. (being the file is in transit there has to be a MNL # assigned already, now to get USEM to tell you)

Very soon! good.gif

Any ideas on to get them to tell me what the number is? The embassy seems busier since the typhoon.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Timeline

Thank you! I sent them (manila embassy) an email last nov 1st to ask for a transfer. But I still dont have reply from them. Its getting frustrating. They can at least acknowledge my email that they got it, would have bben good.

Did you get the canned email response? I get a mile long canned email response everytime I start a new email thread with the embassy. If you didn't get that I would say they never received it. Also you need to make sure embassy in UAE knows you wish to change to manila.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any ideas on to get them to tell me what the number is? The embassy seems busier since the typhoon.

Did you flat out ask them for the MNL # and they refused to give it?

I really wish I had a good idea as to how to do that, but you know their drill .... they don't want you doing jack until the physical file is there. Lot's easier when NVC is tossing ya the MNL #. ;)

When you try to track with the Kuwait number what shows up?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Did you flat out ask them for the MNL # and they refused to give it?

I really wish I had a good idea as to how to do that, but you know their drill .... they don't want you doing jack until the physical file is there. Lot's easier when NVC is tossing ya the MNL #. wink.png

When you try to track with the Kuwait number what shows up?

It's Doha Qatar. All the message says is "Transfer in progress"

This is the email response from the embassy in Manila: "We have requested the U.S. Embassy in Doha to forward the visa file to Manila. We will notify your fiancée as soon as we receive the petition."

The embassy response was on November 12th. State Department uses DHL and they are not this slow. I use them all the time and when I do the slowest method it only takes three business days.

Timeline

I got a PM from another that has the same issue as you, needing to transfer their file from Kuwait to the Philippines.

Maybe there needs to be a note in the I-129F instructions regarding this so people know to put their ACTUAL home address not their temporary one in the form as NVC does not look the other pages when assigning an embassy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I was looking at my I-129f. it does have a place where they are for abroad address question 15. Question 1 probably should be home country address. Question 20 ask which consulate you want to use. I don't think this would help my transfer issue. Except that when it gets to Manila they know how to contact fiance in the Philippines. Good Idea. Tell the Captain!

I wonder if that's why they have not contact my fiance? Although we included all of her info on the written transfer request from her.

I hate being in the no information zone.

Timeline

I was looking at my I-129f. it does have a place where they are for abroad address question 15. Question 1 probably should be home country address. Question 20 ask which consulate you want to use. I don't think this would help my transfer issue. Except that when it gets to Manila they know how to contact fiance in the Philippines. Good Idea. Tell the Captain!

I wonder if that's why they have not contact my fiance? Although we included all of her info on the written transfer request from her.

I hate being in the no information zone.

Yup that is what I was saying... HOME address should be where you plan to do the visa application.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yup that is what I was saying... HOME address should be where you plan to do the visa application.

We planed to do it in Qatar. Things just went wrong. Out of our control.

Timeline

It's Doha Qatar. All the message says is "Transfer in progress"

This is the email response from the embassy in Manila: "We have requested the U.S. Embassy in Doha to forward the visa file to Manila. We will notify your fiancée as soon as we receive the petition."

The embassy response was on November 12th. State Department uses DHL and they are not this slow. I use them all the time and when I do the slowest method it only takes three business days.

I just got a reply from manila embassy that they are forwarding my request to the transfer department. This is like after I sent them 5 emails! I finally git acknowledgement. Now I just wonder how long this will take again (?!)

Timeline

I just got a reply from manila embassy that they are forwarding my request to the transfer department. This is like after I sent them 5 emails! I finally git acknowledgement. Now I just wonder how long this will take again (?!)

My has been transferring for almost 2 weeks now. Still waiting on Manila number. Patients is the key. I would get your fiancee working on her police clearance from UAE now. Should be able to do it at UAE embassy in Manila.

Timeline

My has been transferring for almost 2 weeks now. Still waiting on Manila number. Patients is the key. I would get your fiancee working on her police clearance from UAE now. Should be able to do it at UAE embassy in Manila.

Thanks! Im the beneficiary and yes I got the police clearance from uae before I left.

Timeline

We planed to do it in Qatar. Things just went wrong. Out of our control.

Ya that totally sucks for sure. Hopefully it won't take too long before you have your MNL # and the file is at USEM.

Not sure you can get the police clearance from UAE without being there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

hello,

i just got an email from Manila Embassy that they have requested UAE to send them our file. I don't know how long it will take. Have you heard from them?

Timeline

hello,

i just got an email from Manila Embassy that they have requested UAE to send them our file. I don't know how long it will take. Have you heard from them?

We are stuck in manila embassy heck. It left Qatar over a month ago. They got it before the typhon hit. We tried calling from my fiance side and states. When she got hold of a person in the Embassy they took all of her information than said they can't help her! They told her to email: IVManilaAttachments@state.gov Which I have done several times and they say nothing to me but check the CEAC website. Going on 2 months for us. To say I'm mad would be an understatement! This whole process is BS. They really need to be able to communicate better with people and let them know what is going on! Thats the worst part is the lack of communication!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.