blamu2

savings in foreign bank, initial evidence time limit

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

1. I've seen many conflicting posts about intending immigrant foreign bank savings to use as a supplement of sponsors income. Is it being treated the same as savings in american bank (divide by 3 for spouse based gc)? Do they even consider it?

2. For my last initial evidence letter they told me I got 45 days to respond. Lets say I will respond in 20 days. Will the next letter say 15 days to respond? And it will eventually expire even if I send stuff? Or will they give a small extension to each letter to give me a chance to reply?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the rules are different for 'where' you are.

When I read your post, it scans like yer not in the USA.

But you've posted in the AOS section, where most folk are already in the USA, arriving on a K1 or K-3 visa.

Further digging, over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=168790

seems useless as well, as you not have a timeline.

So - location is important. Who's who, and what's what?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

I'm already here in us for over 4 years, i was on F1, now im under AOS pending but it wont go through because I dont have a sponsor thats why Im asking about the days limit. The only way I could make it work is to use my foreign savings so thats why Im asking about that also, I still have money in my homecountry

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to Work, Student, Tourist-based AOS Forum~

~Inquirer is adjusting from student visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Ah. In your case, foreign assets are not included.

You could certainly transfer the assets to the USA, and put the assets solely in your USCitizen's Spouse's name, as it's the SPOUSE who's assets are evaluated.

That's how I understand it. There may be a nuance or two that I'm missing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You can add your foreign assets to the USC's I-864. It is a part of household assets. We included evidence of my husband's foreign savings. You will need proof, probably translation depending, and valuation in USD based on most recent exchange rates. They will be valued at 3X because you are a spouse.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Harpa - That works? OK -

OP - apologies, I was wrong . Sounds like you have a clear path.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.