Sharkano

No DS-260?

8 posts in this topic

Just confirming that now London only wants DS-160 and is not requiring DS-260 anymore? Thanks!

Correctamundo. They want your DS-160 confirmation page sent in with your DS-2001 now. Take another copy with you on your interview day as well to show to the people at the gate along with your interview appointment letter.

"What's yours is mine!"

Hi, I just filled in my DS-160 online and got a confirmation bar-code that I saved and printed.

Do I go ahead and send the confirmation in, or do I only do that with the form 2001 to say I'm ready? The reason I am asking is because of the following on the website:

The confirmation page of the DS-160 (if applicable) should be mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I sent mine in after I did it, exactly per that instruction. I am also going to send it AGAIN this week with the DS-2001 after fiancée has medical exam. I figure if they get it multiple times they will have to pay attention at least once, lol. Good luck!

The above post should have said "hers" and not "mine" -- the DS-160 needs to be for the local person, I believe.

I sent mine in after I did it, exactly per that instruction. I am also going to send it AGAIN this week with the DS-2001 after fiancée has medical exam. I figure if they get it multiple times they will have to pay attention at least once, lol. Good luck!

The above post should have said "hers" and not "mine" -- the DS-160 needs to be for the local person, I believe.

Thanks for your reply. Did she send it in with a letter or anything else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes, we included a cover letter saying this was being done per the instruction on their web page, and that we would follow with the DS-2001 when ready.

Yes, we included a cover letter saying this was being done per the instruction on their web page, and that we would follow with the DS-2001 when ready.

Just wanted to let everyone know it's not required to mail it in anymore:

Complete the Form DS-160 for each family member applying for a visa and print the confirmation sheet as it will be required on the day of the interview. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A. Note: The failure to complete the form promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Makes more sense now! They will already have the electronic copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.