84 posts in this topic

England isn't so bad. Maybe you could be a dentist, I'm guessing they don't need school there.. ha ha.

Please pursue a career in stand-up comedy. You're killing it already.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we were unaware that there was a drug test and he smokes pot or did he hasn't since the day before the medical had we known he woulda quit a long time ago he knew he'd have to after moving and he has a good job in the uk and isn't some lazy pothead so please no judgment. This has been devastating for the both of us. what kind of visa do I need to get to go there and marry. do they hang on to everything from his last interview or is it all new paperwork if we just decided to reapply with a fiancé visa we've been together for 3 years and we wanna pick the surest safest route to finally get our life started

During the physician's interview, did he admit that he was using pot?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

During the physician's interview, did he admit that he was using pot?

he did when they said they were going to do the drug test next he knew it would be positive and came clean before hand he was hoping that being truthful would be better than answering questions after the fact

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** One post removed for being unrelated to the original thread. Cambodian poster, if you have an issue, please post it as a new topic, and ask a question if you want answers. ***

for VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was going to suggest reviewing any medication he might be on to see if any could result in a false positive... However, if he admitted already to use during the interview that is a moot point.

To my knowledge they have to suspect drug use, or the issue of using drugs has to have come up beforehand, to test. That's what I was told. I admitted to drug use in my youth and the doc said: "Because you have mentioned this, I need to test you." I got the impression she thought I probably could have not bothered saying anything, given the amount of time past, but because I did she was duty bound to test me (still, an extra £40 for them as well!). Just my opinion.

However remember at Knightsbridge Doctors there are two questionnaires you fill out (available in advance, if you look) asking about drug use and/or addiction. So the topic is addressed more than once.

Anyway sorry, I'm not helping the original question any. Best of luck with your steps forward with this, OP.

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Getting the visa to get married in the UK is quite simple actually. There is a special kind of tourist visa that allows you to get married. You can apply within 3 months of the planned visit. Visa usually takes 2-4 weeks to be approved. You can stay in the UK up to 6 months after getting married. Check all the details at the UK's Border Agency website ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. My fiance is from England & we did a thorough look into getting married in England then applying for a spouse visa. We ended up going with the fiance visa. We received our NOA1 Aug 26th and have been waiting every since. Good luck

It sounds like your best option is going to be applying for a fiancee visa to get married in the UK since that information is based off of you. You'll need to file the VAF4a form (instructions found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/apply-visa/ ). But you'll still have to wait the year (til next Sept) before you can file for the CR-1 to bring him to the US. http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=17.0 is also a good website if you're looking for suggestions regarding the UK process.

Me: US Citizen/UK Resident Him: UK Citizen/Intending US Permanent Resident

UK Settlement Marriage (Fiancee) Visa (applied from within USA)

04 Feb 2014: Completed UK Settlement Marriage (fiancée) Visa application on Visa4UK in USA and Paid for Priority Settlement Service via WorldBridge
07 Feb 2014: Biometrics done (sheet stamped) and Documents shipped to Sheffield via UPS
10 Feb 2014: Documents delivered to Sheffield via UPS (8:43 AM Local)
11 Feb 2014: E-mail from Sheffield confirming receipt of documents (11:22 am Local)
18 Feb 2014: Request for Evidence from Sheffield
20 Feb 2014: Returned e-mail with requested evidence to Sheffield
04 March 2014: Decision e-mail received from Sheffield, tracking number received for return documents

(Total processing time with Sheffield= 19 days)

06 March 2014: Return documents & passport received ***VISA APPROVED***

FLR (M) UK Settlement Spouse Visa (applied from within UK)

18 March 2014: Arrived in Manchester UK, Fiancée visa stamped
08 May 2014: Our Wedding Day!!
14 July 2014: FLR (M) sent to Durham, UK received (Part 1, spouse visa)
24 July 2014: Biometrics submitted at Post Office in Bolton UK, given 8 week timeline (would be 16 Sept at latest)
26 August 2014: Received all documents from Durham with passports and letters.
***VISA APPROVED***

27 August 2014: Received BRP via post valid until 2017 (Total processing time: 45 days/6 weeks)

DCF London I-130 CR-1 Spouse US Immigrant Visa (to Greencard LPR)

09 March 2015: Mailed I-130 Petition to US Embassy in London (1st step in obtaining Tom's US Greencard)

10 March 2015 I-130 delivered to US Embassy
13 March 2015: I-130 received, processed, and payment taken (NOA1 dated March 11)

26 March 2015: Mailed ACRO for police certificate

14 April 2015: Received ACRO in post

21 April 2015: I-130 approval notice received! (NOA2 dated April 20, 41 days)

14 May 2015: Letter from Immigrant Visa Unit, LND Number obtained (NOA 3, dated May 12, 3 weeks 4 days from I-130 approval)

15 May 2015L DS 260 filled online, medical appointment made (June 3, 2015) and registered with courier online

03 June 2015: Medical attended and PASSED! (See full review here for disabled immigrant applicant http://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cr-1-ir-1-dcf-london-spouse-health-issues-858606/#post11665784)

06 June 2015: Knightsbridge confirms via e-mail that the file was delivered to the US Embassy

19 June 2015: Interview date received, courier arrangements made, notified US Embassy of spouse attending and wheelchair ramp assistance required (12 days from Knightsbridge confirm of delivery to Embassy)

14 July 2015: Interview attended and ***VISA APPROVED***!!! (see review here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=17326)

21 July 2015: Visa delivered

09 November 2015: POE Miami, FL (via cruise ship from Southampton)

Timeline

i never read anything that said it was part of the physical and I read a lot I guess I just didn't read the correct forums

im really not judging either a that is not my place too as i do not know your partner and i feel very sorry for you in this situation

there is a possible chance i will be denied my k1 so feel your hurt mine not to do with drugs though

but did he not think as soon as he had the blood test he didnt clock on that illegals would be found its like any medical they check for things like that and also what did your fiance say when the doc asked if he ever took drugs ????

i hope you get it resolved really quick my heart and prayers are with you both

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OP it sounds like you and your fiancé need to do a lot of research before making your next move, so you don't waste a lot of money and time just to end up with the same results. I understand asking questions on VJ can be a good step but your getting some information here that are basically just opinions. Some are helpful, but it seems like both of you need to know this process inside and out before going any further. That would of prevented you from having this issue to begin with, it should have been common sense for him not to engage in activities that you guys were not sure would of been a problem. Like you said you were looking everywhere to see if it would of been an issue but couldn't find it ( which means you suspected it was going to be a problem). He should of just aired on the safe side to begin with and not done it at all since you guys were not completely sure. No need to telling you what should have happened, but I think a lot of education is needed on both sides about USA immigration process. Jumping into something now without being completely sure is just going to add unnecessary stress to you and that baby you are carrying. Again, read read read. There was actually a lady on here about a year ago while I was going through my process whose husband got denied for the same reason, and he was banned for a year too. Not sure how things ended up with them now. I had my baby with my husband away too and its incredibly hard, so that why I don't want you to get yourself into another miss just to end up with another disappointment. Good luck to you guys. Congrats on the baby too.

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in France at the medical you are asked one question about ever having an issue with an addiction such as alcohol OR drugs so the drug issue is barely talked about (except for that question not even specific to drug use)... So no there is no automatic drug testing at the medical and the OP couldn't have known for sure if her fiance would have gotten one.

The procedure really depends on the country of the beneficiary, in france i am sure many got away with drug using....

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

im really not judging either a that is not my place too as i do not know your partner and i feel very sorry for you in this situation

there is a possible chance i will be denied my k1 so feel your hurt mine not to do with drugs though

but did he not think as soon as he had the blood test he didnt clock on that illegals would be found its like any medical they check for things like that and also what did your fiance say when the doc asked if he ever took drugs ????

i hope you get it resolved really quick my heart and prayers are with you both

She already answered these questions. Also, it is a moot point - what's done is done: visa is denied due to drug use. Mistake made, learn from it, move on.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

She already answered these questions. Also, it is a moot point - what's done is done: visa is denied due to drug use. Mistake made, learn from it, move on.

yeah sorry i never saw

and i agree time for the next step im sure they can over come it we just have to be there to support them

im really not judging anyboody

Timeline

Wait he knew he had a medical and yet it never occurred that drugs are illegal and of course will affect your chance of being accepted. Wow wish I was where you guys where I don't drugs don't smoke and don't drink now you have to wait another year. You're a very forgiving person if you're willing to wait another just to apply and then to go through the process again. Anyway good luck with all that

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey OP, just wanted to give you my 2 cents.

Do your research very well- if it turns out he can take tests every month (maybe at the doctor) and you will have a chance to apply in 1 year- that might not be so bad.

I know it seems impossible now, but one year actually isn't that long. And if you can spend time together during that period with you going to England, that would be awesome. The rest of the time can be spent watching DVDs while on the phone together and stuff.

The hardest part will be him missing his child's birth (Can anyone confirm that he cannot get a VWP? Alternatively, is there anything wrong with you heading over to England on a longer term visa and having the child there?). BUT, on the flip side, if your child is born in the US while he is in England, when he finally does get over to the US there and gets to live with you and meet his precious child, he will not take it for granted! He will probably be the best dad cos he's learnt from his mistakes the hard way and will see any time with you two, his family, as precious.

You can get through this year. Your love can get you through the year, and then you can be together. But do your research to make sure it's all possible, and then be strong and supportive for each other over the course of the year. I've said a prayer for you guys, I truly hope this works out so your family can be together.

Edited by kdude1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.