jilliannep

Medical - double checking my information

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I just want to double check my information before I send my husband (beneficiary) to Delhi for his medical screening.

As I understand it, he needs to call either the Delhi or Punjab facility to make an appointment to be seen. Does it matter which place? I thought I read that there was an office in Kolkata. That would be much closer to him.

This appointment needs to take place at least a month before the interview?

What's this about Packet 3? Does he just need to print it out along with the case complete letter and bring it with him?

I guess also he should bring along any past medical records with him. Anything else?

Now, I did a quick tally of all the tests and the fees came out to about $300 USD (18,000 INR). Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Edited by jilliannep

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Packet 3: Your interview letter and instruction for medical test. That is it! There is nothing special about this packet.

I did my medical test in Chennai ( 7 days prior to interview ), and did not bring any past medical history. I paid around Rs 3700 ( $61 ) for this medical test in Feb 2012.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance had his medical in Delhi about 3 weeks prior to the interview. It takes them about 7 business days to process the results so, I would suggest scheduling his medical as early as possible (once he has the interview letter) so, that you're not rushing to get it right before his interview. Have him bring his medical records in case there are vaccines that he has already received - I'm not sure how it works for the CR1 visa but, with our K1 we will need these medical forms once my fiance arrives in the US. His total medical fees came to less than Rs 5,000. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.