cessna_inspiron

what work authorization?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Post your experiences after arriving in America. How has your life changed? Share things like if you got work authorization; is it what you thought it would be; are you happy, etc. << you mean they give that to anyone who comes to us legally? i came here legally but they didn't give me anything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Work authorization comes automatically with immigration visas like CR-1/IR-1, If here on a K-3, or K-1 Work authorization needs to be applied for until status has been adjusted. K-1 is considered work authorized for the 90 days of their visa, though most employers will want to see either an EAD stamp in passport, or and EAD card.

See compare: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
you mean they give that to anyone who comes to us legally? i came here legally but they didn't give me anything

No, of course they don't give work authorization to anyone who comes to the US legally. They give it to people who qualify and apply for it unless they have petitioned for a CR1 which includes it.

People who come on TOURIST visas come to visit the US, not work. That explains why you did not receive work authorization - you are not authorized to work in the US.

Filed: Timeline
Post your experiences after arriving in America. How has your life changed? Share things like if you got work authorization; is it what you thought it would be; are you happy, etc. << you mean they give that to anyone who comes to us legally? i came here legally but they didn't give me anything

You may have come legally but you are now out of status now & therefore, ILLEGAL. Much more problematic if you get caught.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You may have come legally but you are now out of status now & therefore, ILLEGAL. Much more problematic if you get caught.

Different degrees of illegality. Being out of status and working without authorization while being

out of status are forgiven when you marry a U.S. citizen. Entering without inspection (as many

Mexicans do) makes it impossible to adjust status, since there was no legal status (to adjust from)

to begin with.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Why would they 'give' you anything? This isn't England! LOL

Did you come here on a K1 visa? If so, you have to apply for work authorization. Its not 'given' to you.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Did you come here on a K1 visa? If so, you have to apply for work authorization. Its not 'given' to you.

he's pretty much a troll. He came legally, overstayed & now wants to marry his American GF who is on welfare with 3 kids & doesn't work. Nice story.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
he's pretty much a troll. He came legally, overstayed & now wants to marry his American GF who is on welfare with 3 kids & doesn't work. Nice story.....

And he doesn't understand why he wasn't given work authorization (on a silver platter) when he entered with his tourist visa . . .

Yeah, I know. I just like to try and catch trolls making themselves out to be idiots.

That thread he hijacked in the K3 forum kicks ###.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, y'all should go have a read. Best soap opera I've "watched" in a long time. Too too funny! :lol:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.