347 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Argh, I'm so mad at myself, I need to vent. rolleyes.gif

The whole visa process had been going so smoothly for us (NOA1 Oct 2, NOA2 Oct 30, Interview Jan 23, Visa picked up Jan 24, US Entry Jan 30) and we did everything we possibly could to get me to the US quickly and have me apply for AOS ASAP. Our wedding is on Feb 18 and stupid me never bothered to check how long it would take for us to get the marriage certificate. I thought it would take a couple of days, maximum. As it turns out, it may take up to 8 WEEKS. The thought of it taking about 3 months for me to get EAD was already terrifying enough for me, but to add another 2 months to that just because of having to wait for one document... I just can't cray5ol.gif If I had know I would have chosen another county to get married in, but I had never heard about this possibly taking so long!!! I'm so upset about this!

Spoke to a Tier2 officer in regards to the service request I put in on January 24th. He said they sent a letter stating that they still haven't make

a decision. He said I have to wait 30-60 to make that decision! OMG Seriouslyranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Argh, I'm so mad at myself, I need to vent. rolleyes.gif

The whole visa process had been going so smoothly for us (NOA1 Oct 2, NOA2 Oct 30, Interview Jan 23, Visa picked up Jan 24, US Entry Jan 30) and we did everything we possibly could to get me to the US quickly and have me apply for AOS ASAP. Our wedding is on Feb 18 and stupid me never bothered to check how long it would take for us to get the marriage certificate. I thought it would take a couple of days, maximum. As it turns out, it may take up to 8 WEEKS. The thought of it taking about 3 months for me to get EAD was already terrifying enough for me, but to add another 2 months to that just because of having to wait for one document... I just can't cray5ol.gif If I had know I would have chosen another county to get married in, but I had never heard about this possibly taking so long!!! I'm so upset about this!

Where does your fiance live?

I'm getting married in Pennsylvania and it only takes 3 days to get a marriage cert. and it is good for 60 days.

Jess & Mohamed

Filed: Timeline

Where does your fiance live?

I'm getting married in Pennsylvania and it only takes 3 days to get a marriage cert. and it is good for 60 days.

In San Francisco.

I sent them an email and explained our situation. They responded just a few hours later saying we could bring the signed licence back to the County Clerk's office right after the ceremony and we could purchase the certified marriage certificate on the following day! dancin5hr.gif

On their website they state that getting the certificate on an expedited basis is not an option, but I'm sure glad I asked anyway! good.gif It's almost crazy how much luck we've had throughout all of this visa stuff!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

In San Francisco.

I sent them an email and explained our situation. They responded just a few hours later saying we could bring the signed licence back to the County Clerk's office right after the ceremony and we could purchase the certified marriage certificate on the following day! dancin5hr.gif

On their website they state that getting the certificate on an expedited basis is not an option, but I'm sure glad I asked anyway! good.gif It's almost crazy how much luck we've had throughout all of this visa stuff!

Great news! good.gif

yayyy goofy.gif !!

Jess & Mohamed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Spoke to a Tier2 officer in regards to the service request I put in on January 24th. He said they sent a letter stating that they still haven't make

a decision. He said I have to wait 30-60 to make that decision! OMG Seriouslyranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

I can't even get to the point where I speak to a Tier 2 officer, nor can I put in a request since we're not past normal processing times. Very frustrating :(

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

I can't even get to the point where I speak to a Tier 2 officer, nor can I put in a request since we're not past normal processing times. Very frustrating sad.png

Is so frustrating for all of us who been waiting almost 4 + months and no word from anyone. Good luck to all of us!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Little update... Arrived to the US yesterday. :) It feels great, I really hope you guys get there soon. :)

Best of luck!

Little update... Arrived to the US yesterday. :) It feels great, I really hope you guys get there soon. :)

Best of luck!

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Little update... Arrived to the US yesterday. smile.png It feels great, I really hope you guys get there soon. smile.png

Best of luck!

Little update... Arrived to the US yesterday. smile.png It feels great, I really hope you guys get there soon. smile.png

Best of luck!

So happy for you that's awesome!!! ^^

How did it go at the POE? Did you have to go to the secondary questioning/what sort of stuff did they ask you? :P

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

I'm so happy for you, I dream about the day my fiance will arrive in the airport with her K1, always brings tears to my eyes.

You two have a great future, congratulations!

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

So happy for you that's awesome!!! ^^

How did it go at the POE? Did you have to go to the secondary questioning/what sort of stuff did they ask you? tongue.png

Thank you! :D

The POE was smooth. I queued as a visitor, approached the officer handed him my passport, customs form (the blue one you get on the plane), the embassy packet and after a few minutes he asked me to follow him. He showed me some chairs and told me to wait, then he handed my passport and other papers to another officer (there was like section with 3-4 officers that I'm guessing are the ones who process "special" visas...)

Anyway, after 5 minutes or so I was called. The Officer asked me if I was already married, if I had any children, when are we getting married and what type of food I was bringing (because of something I marked on the custom form, I took my cat with me). That was it, he let me through after that. :D

I'm so happy for you, I dream about the day my fiance will arrive in the airport with her K1, always brings tears to my eyes.

You two have a great future, congratulations!

Thank you so much! I am sure you will get to be together soon.

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

I know is not much but I just check the USCIS Web and it said Allien registration# change on Feb 13th ! Omg this is a good sign someone is

working on my case! after almost 4 months ! hopefully this month is our luck month! Good luck everybody and I is difficult to be without

our Fiance on a day like today! Happy Valentines day ClockWatch2.gifheart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.