347 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Fiance turned in packet 3 on Tuesday. Got the email for packet 4 today with an interview date of 1/30/14. WoooHoo!

Wow thats fast. Congrats and Good luck!!!

:rolleyes: A.O.S

July 03, 2014-- Mailed Out AOS Documents: I-485 & EAD
July 07, 2014-- Delivered
July 10, 2014-- Text & Email receipt received

July 10, 2014-- I-485 transfered to Nebraska service center

July 15, 2014-- Both NOAs received. PD: July 10

July 19, 2014-- Biometrics Appt. Notice received. Notice Date: July 15

Aug 01, 2014-- Bio Appt.

Sept. 04, 2014-- EAD approved

Sept. 10, 2014-- EAD card received

Oct. 18, 2014-- "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received . Notice Date: Oct 15

May 20, 2015-- Approval Email and text received

May 27, 2015-- Card in hand!!

(L) The Journey (L)

Oct. 29, 2013-- Sent I-129F
Nov. 07, 2013-- Receipt text received
Nov. 08, 2013-- Notice of Receipt (NOA1) in mail PD: Nov. 06
Nov. 08, 2013-- Alien Registration Number was changed
Dec. 16, 2013-- Received Email of Approval
Dec. 19, 2013-- Shipped to NVC email
Dec. 23, 2013-- NOA2 hardcopy received
Dec. 30, 2013-- NVC received
Dec. 31, 2013-- NVC assigned case #
Jan. 07, 2014-- Left NVC
Jan. 11, 2014-- Letter from NVC via mail
Jan. 10, 2014-- Consulate received case
Jan. 29, 2014-- Emailed embassy case inqery
Feb. 11, 2014-- Packet 3 via email response
Feb. 25, 2014-- Packet 3 dropped off to Haiti Messenger
March 14, 2014-- Picked up Packet 4
April 08, 2014-- Interview/Approved!!!! :dancing:
April 16, 2014-- Visa in hand
April 18, 2014-- My Baby's Home (F)
(L) June 01, 2014-- Married!! (L)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone, panicking here, we sent our I-129F on October 10th and got our NOA 1 on the 15th of October.

It's been over 90 days and still nothing about our NOA2, it seems everyone else is already at the interview state. Feel like having a melt down right now, I called and apparently the last update was 31st of October they changed our alien registration number.

I don't know what to do, it feels like they've somehow forgotten us :(

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, panicking here, we sent our I-129F on October 10th and got our NOA 1 on the 15th of October.

It's been over 90 days and still nothing about our NOA2, it seems everyone else is already at the interview state. Feel like having a melt down right now, I called and apparently the last update was 31st of October they changed our alien registration number.

I don't know what to do, it feels like they've somehow forgotten us sad.png

Perhaps they didn't update their system. On the USCIS website even to this day it still says On October 25, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) however my fiances interview is in four days. They also didn't update another member here. We didn't find out until our I-129F was approved until sometime around Dec 17th or so when the embassy called my fiance and told her to go there. She told me the NOA2 was actually approved I think Nov 20 I forget exact dates for these but its in my timeline. Our petition was pretty basic never married before, no children maybe yours is more complex?

Good luck.

10/15/13 Sent out K-1 packet.

10/23/13 Received NOA1 email.

10/25/13 Alien Registration Number was changed.

10/29/13 Received hardcopy NOA1.

11/20/13 NOA2 approved(Never did know it got approved until nearly a month later).

12/17/13 Fiance was called by embassy to report there.

12/22/13 Received hardcopy that NVC Received approved K-1 packet from USCIS.

1/4/14 Medical evaluation.

1/22/14 Interview approved but need police certificate so visa can be issued.

1/24/14 Received visa.

3/3/14 POE Seattle.

4/26/14 Married

5/5/14 Sent out I-485 packet

5/29/14 Received text notification from USCIS

6/2/14 Received I-797C from USCIS

Timeline

Perhaps they didn't update their system. On the USCIS website even to this day it still says On October 25, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) however my fiances interview is in four days. They also didn't update another member here. We didn't find out until our I-129F was approved until sometime around Dec 17th or so when the embassy called my fiance and told her to go there. She told me the NOA2 was actually approved I think Nov 20 I forget exact dates for these but its in my timeline. Our petition was pretty basic never married before, no children maybe yours is more complex?

Good luck.

Thanks for the response, I called them up and it still says 31st it was changed. No calls/letters/emails to either of us. We also have no children, its a pretty simple petition overall. No previous petitions or any complications.

Thanks again, hope luck is with us.

Thanks for the response, I called them up and it still says 31st it was changed. No calls/letters/emails to either of us. We also have no children, its a pretty simple petition overall. No previous petitions or any complications.

Thanks again, hope luck is with us.

So sorry. You shouldn't have to go through that mental worry. :(

I don't know what to do, it feels like they've somehow forgotten us sad.png

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! We applied late October and recieved our NOA1 right away, and NOTHING since then.. no alien registration number, no updates, no "touched," nothing. Meanwhile there are people here that applied around the same time and are already going for their interview. I hate that they don't give you any information whatsoever. The person I spoke with last time said I can't do anything until the 5 month current processing time is up, only wait. It makes me so upset and frustrated :(

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! We applied late October and recieved our NOA1 right away, and NOTHING since then.. no alien registration number, no updates, no "touched," nothing. Meanwhile there are people here that applied around the same time and are already going for their interview. I hate that they don't give you any information whatsoever. The person I spoke with last time said I can't do anything until the 5 month current processing time is up, only wait. It makes me so upset and frustrated sad.png

I'm on the exact same situation I got my NOA1 on Oct 22nd. no allien registration # change, no NOA2 nothing. I'm a little worry my case got lost. I call and they said the same time that I'm currently within 5 months processing time! This is really frustration sad.pngsad.png

Timeline

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! We applied late October and recieved our NOA1 right away, and NOTHING since then.. no alien registration number, no updates, no "touched," nothing. Meanwhile there are people here that applied around the same time and are already going for their interview. I hate that they don't give you any information whatsoever. The person I spoke with last time said I can't do anything until the 5 month current processing time is up, only wait. It makes me so upset and frustrated sad.png

I'm on the exact same situation I got my NOA1 on Oct 22nd. no allien registration # change, no NOA2 nothing. I'm a little worry my case got lost. I call and they said the same time that I'm currently within 5 months processing time! This is really frustration sad.pngsad.png

You two hang in there, lets keep eachother updated on our situations, yeah? I'll make sure to message both of you on this board or in private to let you know what's up if I finding anything out. You two do the same hopefully :)

Good luck everyone, we can hang in there.

My visa is approved!! I had more questions asked then I saw from others:

My fiance's name?

My fiance's birthday?

When did you two met?

Where was he born?

Are his parents alive? (only his Mom is) What's her name? Have you met her? Have you met her husband? Where are they living?

Where is my fiance working? how does he get to work? (by car) What car does he have? What is normally is work schedule?

What are your wedding plans?

.... ok, I will approve your visa!

There were 2 other women for K1 ahead of me and they were approved too.

Good luck everyone, hang in there, good thing are coming soon!! I know the waiting is driving everyone crazy, but have faith and just think that soon you will be with the one that you love!

AOS from K1

April 15, 2014 - Mailed AOS package: I-485, I-765, I-131

April 18 - Package delivered

April 22 - 3 Texts&emails notification for Receipt Notice

April 26 - Hard copy of NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 1 -Received appointment letter for May 19th, in Philly, PA

May 19 - Successfully Biometrics appointment done

May 29 - EAD and AP status online changed to "Card/Document Production" (EAD) and "Post decision activity" (AP)

June 3 - EAD sent out for delivery

August 2 - Interview Waiver Letter received in mail dated 7/29

Feb 12, 2015 - EAD/AP renewal mailed

Feb 19, 2015 - Got 7 text & 7 emails notification - case received (EAD)

GREEN CARD IN PRODUCTION/CASE APPROVED APRIL 15, 2015

April 8th, 2015 - EAD renewal approved

April 16th, 2015 - EAD mailed

April 18th, 2015 - EAD received

April 20, 2015 - Welcome to America letter received

April 21, 2015 - Green card mailed

April 23, 2015 - Green card delivered

Timeline

My fiance's name?

My fiance's birthday?

When did you two met?

Where was he born?

Are his parents alive? (only his Mom is) What's her name? Have you met her? Have you met her husband? Where are they living?

Where is my fiance working? how does he get to work? (by car) What car does he have? What is normally is work schedule?

Good luck everyone, hang in there, good thing are coming soon!! I know the waiting is driving everyone crazy, but have faith and just think that soon you will be with the one that you love!

Congrats!!! So excited for you two

:rolleyes: A.O.S

July 03, 2014-- Mailed Out AOS Documents: I-485 & EAD
July 07, 2014-- Delivered
July 10, 2014-- Text & Email receipt received

July 10, 2014-- I-485 transfered to Nebraska service center

July 15, 2014-- Both NOAs received. PD: July 10

July 19, 2014-- Biometrics Appt. Notice received. Notice Date: July 15

Aug 01, 2014-- Bio Appt.

Sept. 04, 2014-- EAD approved

Sept. 10, 2014-- EAD card received

Oct. 18, 2014-- "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received . Notice Date: Oct 15

May 20, 2015-- Approval Email and text received

May 27, 2015-- Card in hand!!

(L) The Journey (L)

Oct. 29, 2013-- Sent I-129F
Nov. 07, 2013-- Receipt text received
Nov. 08, 2013-- Notice of Receipt (NOA1) in mail PD: Nov. 06
Nov. 08, 2013-- Alien Registration Number was changed
Dec. 16, 2013-- Received Email of Approval
Dec. 19, 2013-- Shipped to NVC email
Dec. 23, 2013-- NOA2 hardcopy received
Dec. 30, 2013-- NVC received
Dec. 31, 2013-- NVC assigned case #
Jan. 07, 2014-- Left NVC
Jan. 11, 2014-- Letter from NVC via mail
Jan. 10, 2014-- Consulate received case
Jan. 29, 2014-- Emailed embassy case inqery
Feb. 11, 2014-- Packet 3 via email response
Feb. 25, 2014-- Packet 3 dropped off to Haiti Messenger
March 14, 2014-- Picked up Packet 4
April 08, 2014-- Interview/Approved!!!! :dancing:
April 16, 2014-- Visa in hand
April 18, 2014-- My Baby's Home (F)
(L) June 01, 2014-- Married!! (L)

Timeline

My fiance's name?

My fiance's birthday?

When did you two met?

Where was he born?

CONGRATS to you both!!!

My case finally "arrived" in Cairo today. I am pretty sure it's been sitting on a desk in Cairo for a while -- it left NVC about three weeks ago and I doubt they sent it by boat. Anyway, Cairo is slower than molasses right now so it'll probably still be five months at least before he gets his interview. I'm going to contact a congressional aide to see if there is anything they can do to expedite my case right now because I got some bad news in another part of my life yesterday and I might qualify for a "financial duress" expedite. It's at least worth looking into.

Edited by LizzieBee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.