347 posts in this topic

Hellllloo everyone!

I just called NVC to see if I can get my case number and I HAVE IT!! biggrin.png

I called NVC and as soon as I pressed 1 someone answered and gave me the number....

I am so happy right now!!

Good luck to everyone that is waiting... hang in there, good news are about to come! biggrin.png

AOS from K1

April 15, 2014 - Mailed AOS package: I-485, I-765, I-131

April 18 - Package delivered

April 22 - 3 Texts&emails notification for Receipt Notice

April 26 - Hard copy of NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 1 -Received appointment letter for May 19th, in Philly, PA

May 19 - Successfully Biometrics appointment done

May 29 - EAD and AP status online changed to "Card/Document Production" (EAD) and "Post decision activity" (AP)

June 3 - EAD sent out for delivery

August 2 - Interview Waiver Letter received in mail dated 7/29

Feb 12, 2015 - EAD/AP renewal mailed

Feb 19, 2015 - Got 7 text & 7 emails notification - case received (EAD)

GREEN CARD IN PRODUCTION/CASE APPROVED APRIL 15, 2015

April 8th, 2015 - EAD renewal approved

April 16th, 2015 - EAD mailed

April 18th, 2015 - EAD received

April 20, 2015 - Welcome to America letter received

April 21, 2015 - Green card mailed

April 23, 2015 - Green card delivered

Filed: Timeline

Its been 8 days since the consulate in Bangkok received the approved petition and there has been no sign of packet 3. Is this normal for packet 3 to be taking this long? Is it possible to call the consulate and ask them for information? When I check the status it says this:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Does this mean we should schedule the appointment now? Or wait for the appointment letter?
Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

A package notification arrived at our home but we are currently in the states on holiday. Unfortunately the package requires identification, so my fiancé's sister couldn't pick it up for him.

I emailed the consulate to ask if they had received our case since we were expecting no packages while we're away. Didn't want a lack of response to reflect poorly.

The next day (dec 27) the embassy emailed back with packet 3.

K1:

10.23.2013 I-129F sent
10.29.2013 NOA1 / Routed to CSC
11.15.2013 NOA2 / Petition approved
12.27.2013 Package 3 received
03.10.2014 Medical
03.17.2014 Interview

03.21.2014 Visa in hand

06.18.2014 POE Atlanta

07.09.2014 Apply for SSN

07.26.2014 Married

AOS:

09.16.2014 AOS/EAD/AP sent

09.24.2014 NOA1 texts/emails (x3) - Check cashed

09.27.2014 NOA1 Hardcopies (x3)

10.04.2014 Biometric Appointment letter (10.15.2014)

10.07.2014 Biometric Walk-in Appointment

11.25.2014 EAD in Production (Email and Text)

12.03.2014 Card mailed

12.04.2014 Combo EAD/AP card received

01.03.2015 Notice of potential interview waiver received

"What is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Hi Everyone:)

We just got out NOA2 after 68 days. We didn't have any RFEs. Best beginning to this upcoming year smile.png Happy New Year everyone smile.png

Congratulation we have about the same timeline. I hope I get my NOA2 soon!

I just got off the phone with NVC and I was told that they got my petition on 12/09/13 and they already sent it to Manila on 12/11/13. And of course I got my MNL#. I am so happy that it didn't take 8 weeks, only 4 weeks. Of course now we have to book the interview and from what I have been hearing the next available times are going to be in April 2014. Kind of sucks but oh well.

Now that you have your MNL case number, your fiancée should pay the visa application fee at BPI right away, and then schedule an interview appointment. Then, she can proceed with the medical.

You can get an earlier interview appointment if you are persistent in checking the website. When an open appointment pops up in January or February, grab it. You can reschedule twice without any penalty.

Edited by Tahoma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I do not live in the USA, but we plan to marry in San Fran. I filed an i129F on Oct 11, 2013. The USCIS made a request for more info, and I almost blew it off, but after three weeks I proceeded.

I received the approval on Dec 24. Waiting for the NVC now.

Until recently I was seeking a K1 for my Burmese fiancé.

2012 09 27 First date
2013 01 01 Started cohabiting, and obtained a joint bank account
2013 07 13 Engagement
2013 10 11 Sent i129F to USCIS
2013 10 18 Received NOA1 from USCIS
2013 11 12 Received RFE notice - Almost decided to change the venue to Thailand. Sat on the RFE for about three weeks before proceeding.2013 12 20 RFE answer package received by USCIS
2013 12 23 NOA2 received from USCIS
2014 01 14 After demonstrating the hate Americans have tward the chidfree, my fiancé has no desire to visit the USA.

Going forward, I will sell off my remaining assets in the USA. I doubt I will ever return. Americans are second only to the French when it comes to rudeness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello Hello!

here is an update on me and Mohamed's journey:

We filled out the DS-160 sometime during the week before Christmas.

I e-mailed the Tunis embassy December 22 and I got no reply.

So, on January 2 I e-mailed the embassy again and the next day they replied.

After some confusion we finally received an e-mail with our interview date.

Our interview will be on January 30, 10 AM @ the Tunis Embassy.

I wish you all luck :-)

If you would like to chat I answer better via personal messages!

Jess & Mohamed

I just checked my status with the NVC and it says:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Does everyone's status say that when it's in transit? I assume they haven't ACTUALLY scheduled my fiance's interview since it usually takes 3-5 months at the Cairo embassy. Any thoughts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJers,

I need some assistance please. I received the letter from NVC after calling for the case number. Should my fiancé go and pay for his visa now or is he supposed to wait for a letter from the Embassy? Is there a document that he should take with him to pay at the bank in Lagos?

Thanks,

Jele

Timeline

Hello VJers,

I need some assistance please. I received the letter from NVC after calling for the case number. Should my fiancé go and pay for his visa now or is he supposed to wait for a letter from the Embassy? Is there a document that he should take with him to pay at the bank in Lagos?

Thanks,

Jele

I would e-mail Nigeria embassy before you do anything!

Wait 3 days and if you receive no reply, e-mail them again!

OR you could go to the regional specific forum here :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

and ask them! Someone from Nigeria can answer any questions you may have best! smile.png

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone fills out the DS-160.... did your fiance at least do that?

My fiance needed to fill that out first before his interview was scheduled in Tunis.

From my own personal experience. My fiance filled out the DS-160 and then I e-mailed the embassy.

I included the following information in my e-mail:

confirmation code from DS-160 (in bold letters)

SRC receipt number

case number.

petitioners name and b-day

beneficiary's name and b-day.

SUBJECT: case number

Let them know when your case was sent to the Nigeria embassy and inform them that your fiance completed the DS-160 online.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Edited by Jess&Mohamed

Jess & Mohamed

Timeline

I just checked my status with the NVC and it says:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Does everyone's status say that when it's in transit? I assume they haven't ACTUALLY scheduled my fiance's interview since it usually takes 3-5 months at the Cairo embassy. Any thoughts?

Was that word for word?

Although in my case i missed the "in transit" message. The "ready" message reads....

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section.

If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents

as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date

and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment."

Sooo I don't think they scheduled your fiances interview just yet!

If you really want to know whats up with your case you could always e-mail the embassy. good.gif

Jess & Mohamed

Was that word for word?

Although in my case i missed the "in transit" message. The "ready" message reads....

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section.

If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents

as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date

and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment."

Sooo I don't think they scheduled your fiances interview just yet!

If you really want to know whats up with your case you could always e-mail the embassy. good.gif

Yeah, that's the word for word "in transit" message, so I assume it's just a form message. I only WISH we had the interview date! I'm pretty sure we won't know about that for several months, though. :)

Timeline

Yeah, that's the word for word "in transit" message, so I assume it's just a form message. I only WISH we had the interview date! I'm pretty sure we won't know about that for several months, though. smile.png

E-mail the embassy : -P

but yeaaah I hear cairo takes awhile.

Jess & Mohamed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.