Andrew83

Any clue about AP processing times?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Our cases for AOS,AP, and EAD were received on Sept 6. We had our biometrics appointment yesterday, Oct 8th. Is it pretty reasonable to expect that my wife will receive her AP by late November? Obviously, ive seen that the current processing times are 3 months, but looking at timelines and posts it SEEMS to usually come 3-5 weeks after the biometrics.

She is from Colombia, moved to Spain at 13 and has had the Spanish equivalent of a green card for many years now. She is also currently awaiting her Spanish citizenship which she could be approved for at any time and was supposed to already be approved for, but with the problems in Spain, there have been delays. Her mother and sister applied at the same time, and her mother has already gotten it.

Anyway, she can't be outside of Spain for more than 6 months at a time until she gets her citizenship, and she got here on May 29th. I have NO idea what we'll do if she doesn't get the AP by then. In my eyes, if we had to choose, the Spanish nationality is more important right now, since the US green card and nationality will always be an option for her down the road as long as we're married, but man, what a waste of time and money if we had to abandon the AOS and all. Not to mention throwing an HUGE wrench into our life plans.

Thanks for any input or advice. And if anyone has recently received the AP, let me know how long it took in general and how long after biometrics please!!

thanks!

Same boat here, my NOAs have a date of september 12, original date for biometrics was oct 9 but i did an early walk-in on sep 26 in the hope that it could speed things a bit, but until now nothing has changed, not even a soft LUD.

I could care less about EAD, however it would be just about awesome to get AP as soon as possible since running my company in Mexico is proving a bit harder than i thought given the time i've been away (since may). So, i requested the expediting of AP on sep 30 on grounds of financial loss, got an email on oct 3 telling me "my case will be reviewed by an officer and i should expect a reply in less than 90 days"... so much for expediting.

Good luck though, i'll never understand the point of grounding us people that came on K1, could be as easy as making that visa not expire if you get married within the 90 days until you get the GC... but oh well, i guess they have to justify the jobs of a few civil "servants".

BTW, if you fill in your timeline data on here it will give you a prediction of when AP and EAD may be adjudicated, you can check mine since our cases are really similar: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=169712 by the looks of it your wife will have to make a tough choice or try infopass.

Edited by alguien

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

thanks alot for the response. Yeah i need to get on the that and fill in my timeline. We have until May 29 so by your timeline we should be ok! Hopefully this shutdown isn't slowing anything down, even a little.

I sure wish I knew about the walk-in for the biometrics before though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

EAD and AP takes 2-3 months from filing.

~ Moved from AOS Family Based main forum to Case filing and Progress Reports sub-forum- topic is case status/progress ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

thanks alot for the response. Yeah i need to get on the that and fill in my timeline. We have until May 29 so by your timeline we should be ok! Hopefully this shutdown isn't slowing anything down, even a little.

I sure wish I knew about the walk-in for the biometrics before though!

Have you seen any changes to your case statuses at the USCIS website so far? (US probably stands for "Ultra Slow" hehe)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.