hwasson

K-1 Timeline - Approval to NVC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

Just wanted to post an update on timelines. The K1 timeline on Visa Journey states that from the issue date of your NOA2 till the NVC receives your case should be 2 weeks. It has been 5 weeks since we received our NOA2 so we called the NVC to find out where things were at and they notified us that it actually takes EIGHT WEEKS from the NOA2 issue date until the NVC receives the case.

Just an FYI :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello All,

Just wanted to post an update on timelines. The K1 timeline on Visa Journey states that from the issue date of your NOA2 till the NVC receives your case should be 2 weeks. It has been 5 weeks since we received our NOA2 so we called the NVC to find out where things were at and they notified us that it actually takes EIGHT WEEKS from the NOA2 issue date until the NVC receives the case.

Just an FYI smile.png

they told us 8 weeks as well :) But they actually received it in 7 business days :) I think that is just the generic response they are supposed to give to cover themselves

Met: January 3, 2012

Engaged: February 26, 2012 heart.gif Alhumdulillah

First Visit: January 3, 2013 - March 3, 2013

I-129F Sent: 06/4/2013

NOA1 Received: 06/10/2013

RFE (Letter of Intent): 09/10/2013

RFE Reply: 09/23/2013

RFE Received: 09/25/2013

NOA2: 09/27/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/03/2013

109 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

Sent to NVC: 09/30/2013

NVC Received: 10/7/2013

Case Number Received: 10/8/2013 (was told our case was in "necessary administrative processing")

In Transit to Consulate: 10/9/2013

Case Received By Embassy(electronically): 10/11/2013

Physical Case Received by Embassy: 10/15/2013

Packet 3 Received: 11/4/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 11/10/2013

Packet 4 Received: 12/02/2013

Interview Date: 01/16/2014

Filed: Timeline

Hello hwasson,

Actually, that is what they are claiming, but it *should* be 2 weeks. I am in the same boat, 5 weeks to the day. I have called NVC, heard that line about eight weeks. Asked where the application is, if not at NVC because the NOA2 clearly indicated that the application "has been forwarded". So, if it left USCIS on 9/3 and on 10/6 NVC "hasn't received it", then where is it? Didn't get a satisfactory answer - it can take up to 8 weeks.

So, what they strapped it to a dog for delivery?

Called USCIS, they insisted that it has been sent and that I should allow *90* days! I persisted, asked for a tier 2 rep. That rep had me on hold for a while and when she came back she told me to call NVC back in two weeks. When I asked where the application *is* she repeated her instructions and hung up on me.

I called DOS today, and was told it still didn't show, but they were very nice and said I could call back every couple days. When I asked where the application is, she said that it is likely in a pile at NVC. NVC is backlogged becasue the USCIS centers buried them when clearing their own backlogs. But, they don't count it received until an NVC employee touches it even though it is physically in an NVC facility, ridiculous.

But, unfortunately that means right now the wait, as you said is possibly eight weeks. Very frustrating when I learned from the DOS agent that they(NVC) hardly do anything other than forward the K1 to the consulate!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey there folks, the NVC "received" ours on the 4th of October. It was "sent" to them by USCIS on August 20th. Unfortunately, that is just how long it is taking them to process them.. they told me they can take up to 10 day just to enter the system onced received in the mail... and who knows how long USCIS waits to ship them off. Be patient but keep calling if you can stand the ~30 minute wait!

Once it was received though, it was processed and sent off to the embassy (Brazil) in just 4 days! ...now for more wait. It'll all work out!

One of the reps at the NVC was pretty candid with me and told me that they changed from saying 15 days - to 30 days - to 8 weeks, in the last few months due to the backup. Evidently it ebbs and flows.

All of you guys are in for a long journey so try and be patient and positive.

It took about 4 weeks for our case to move from USCIS to NVC and was told the same 8 week story.

Once NVC has the case and inputs the data then it could take 1-2 weeks to send the Case to the Embassy/Consulate.

Once at the Embassy/Consulate your looking at about 2 months or so to gather all your info together and get an interview scheduled depending on how busy the Embassy/Consulate is.

Hang in there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.