2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

there are different ways you can interpret the USCIS data that shows 5 months processing time for I-130 forms. I see some Sept files getting approved by NSC. This will put them @ 5.5 months. I'm not sure about June/July fliers why they are not getting approved, i can say that there may be a RFE pending or spreadsheet not updated. Also looking and analysing past data October files will start getting approved late March and early April. We all hope that all documents are good for them. Also, by analysing NVC processing time, we are looking at 3 to 5 months for the interview to be scheduled. It also depends if we submit all the required documents on time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well NSC is supposedly at 5 months! Please someone else double check I am seeing it right. I can only hope the stats will translate into reality!!

From what I see from the September sheet, they are in the 5 to 6 month range. One case was approved yesterday 9 days short of the 5 month target. But of course, most of those in September appear to have no activity. I sometimes wonder if they are approving easy ones as a teaser to keep us on the edge of our seats.

They seem to be very inconsistent. Some cases they go out of the way to notify the A number change/assignment, and in others they simply get approved. They seem to making more progress on the late september ones than the early ones. Go figure!

The good news is that the assigned an A number to an october filer. It will be very encouraging if we get an october filer approval within the next two weeks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you guys plan on filing service requests?

According to https://egov.uscis.g...roPageType=onpt, you should wait an additional 30 days from the normal processing time before filing a service request. So if your case is transferred to NSC (processing time frame: 5 months), you must wait for 6 months before filling a service request (5 months + 30 days = 6 months).

In addition, if you have received the transfer email in the last 60 days, that means they're actively processing your case so you shouldn't file a service request.

However, May, June, July, and Sept filers who are currently waiting at NSC may be filing service requests so it may delay our processing time. sad.png

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well NSC is supposedly at 5 months! Please someone else double check I am seeing it right. I can only hope the stats will translate into reality!!

yes you see it correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just checked the new data too and it says Vermont Service Center is 5.1 months (says they are processing August 30, 2013 on January 31, 2014).

If that's right, it doesn't seem that the wait should be too much more for those in October who were transferred there, as they should be farther along than August 30th by now. However, I guess you have to take everything with a grain of salt. Like someone else said I feel like the way they approve or issue ARNs seems sort of random.

However, May, June, July, and Sept filers who are currently waiting at NSC may be filing service requests so it may delay our processing time. sad.png

Rightly so, they've been waiting forever and a day.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So according to their new numbers us October filers at Vermont, who were sent there directly, will be out of processing time frame starting March 25th. They have 7 more days to approve us if their numbers are real lol.

I do believe that they just fudged their average numbers by doing lot of approvals from August and September. Perhaps they were under pressure from senate/government to get average wait time down? Whatever the case, all these speculations surely keeps us entertained while we wait for approvals.

Yeyyyy i got my 3 email

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Cr1. Pd oct 8 2013

transfer march 12 to VSC

Noa2 march 26.

Nvc received april 2nd.

Case number May 01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeyyyy i got my 3 email

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

OK, so it looks like VSC is in fact sending out 3rd emails. That's strange, though....because what you posted is the same thing my 2nd email said. Did your 2nd and 3rd emails say the same exact thing? Maybe I didn't get a 2nd email and what I really got was the 3rd email? Hmm....

Edited by AmberG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Okay who said that putting in service requests was based on the public processing times? I just called in and the Tier 2 rep was super nice, but he explained that what we currently show on our end is that they are processing from June at NSC, but I can tell you that you wont wait longer than 60 days, that would be a maximum, because they will get through it more quickly now. If in 60 days you don't hear anything, you should call me back. He gave me a reference number and I went on my way.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Dear all, newly registered to VJ, also an Oct filer. Not new to this thread though, read every comment in the past a few weeks from page 1 to page 64, pretty much know everyone who is actively commenting here. Was so naive to believe bring my LEGALLY MARRIED HUSBAND !! should not be a pain until this pain start to crawl all over me days and nights . I actually went back to China last year to marry him because I thought spouse of a citizen should be prioritzied when it comes to immigration process. Now IT's been 5 month, i'm getting more emotionally bothered everyday, it starts to consume my energy and will of doing anything really. Anyhow, I guess you all have heard enough of such stories.

I got my case transfered to Nebraska, bommer plus 1 (sigh...) , 3 days ago, and today i received a notification saying the A number has changed. don't really want to say much further because I'm losing faith for USCIS.

I'm just really miss him, and writing this post makes want to cry. Best of luck to us all.

OK, so it looks like VSC is in fact sending out 3rd emails. That's strange, though....because what you posted is the same thing my 2nd email said. Did your 2nd and 3rd emails say the same exact thing? Maybe I didn't get a 2nd email and what I really got was the 3rd email? Hmm....

Not. The 2 one had the date but the 3one doesnt have it.

Cr1. Pd oct 8 2013

transfer march 12 to VSC

Noa2 march 26.

Nvc received april 2nd.

Case number May 01

Hello October filers! I hope we will get approvals soon. I can't wait to be with my husband.

Same here lol

Cr1. Pd oct 8 2013

transfer march 12 to VSC

Noa2 march 26.

Nvc received april 2nd.

Case number May 01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.