2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was just trying to check the processing times for the service center, but its giving me the error this page cant be displayed. Humm perhaps their updating the new data.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Just received my third update within the past week from USCIS. They switched from "your local USCIS office" to "a USCIS office" again. At least there is activity, I guess...

I have no idea where my case was transferred to. I had that problem with my case being first approved and then set back to initial review again, so I thought asking a Tier 2 officer to clarifiy that problem was the best solution, as it proved in the end.

The officer just told me I got approved. I wasn't provided with any other information. I was just told to call NVC for further assistance.

CONGRATS!!!

I was also transferred to NSC.

My initial PD was Oct 4th as well. However, on the letter I got from them today, the PD date is blank and the receipt date is noted as Oct 7th, like yours.

Like a few of the others transferred to NSC, I also got my initial transfer notice on March 11th.

Thanks

Yes same here...

Timeline

funny thing, i got my second email update today. i just called now to find out my transfer location (without realizing they weren't open yet), and i put in my case number, and it gives me the latest case info. it said i have been transferred to... Lee's Summit Missouri! lol. i think i'll wait another day and call again to find out where i've really been transferred to...

ps. first email was "another office," second email was "your local office"

I GOT NOA2!!!!!! 17th March. California.

Congrats! I am SO HAPPY for you! My app date is two weeks after yours and we got transferred to Cali on the same day! You have given me a lot of hope and happiness this morning. Thank you! :)

CR1 Visa

Embassy: Bogota, Colombia

08/31/2013 -- Married in Colombia

USCIS

10/07/2013 -- I130 Sent
10/18/2013 -- I130 NOA1 date

03/07/2014 -- I130 transferred to California Service Center

03/27/2014 -- RFE Issued

04/15/2014 -- RFE received and info sent (resubmit Marriage Certificate)

04/28/2014 -- RFE received at CSC ("In Review")

05/06/2014 -- I130 NOA2

05/07/2014 – I130 Mailed to NVC
NVC
05-14-2014 -- NVC received
06-20-2014 -- NVC case number assigned case (AoS/IV bills received)
06-29-2014 -- AoS and IV bills paid

07-03-2014 -- AOS & IV bills in "Paid" status

07-08-2014 -- DS-260 completed

07-08-2014 -- Sent AoS and IV Packages

07-15-2014 -- AoS and IV scans

09-11-2014 -- Checklist for Police Records
09-19-2014 -- Case Complete
10-03-2014 -- Interview Scheduled
Embassy
10-16-2014 -- Medical
11-13-2014 -- Interview - APPROVED!
11-20-2014 -- VISA IN HAND!
12-02-2014 -- POE (Dulles) :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is your spouse from Egypt? If so, I remember some from a different group getting his/her application expedited because of the political situation there. I wonder if you got unlucky when you requested to get your application expedited. It might be worth trying it again?

Yes, he's from Egypt. My guess is people who did an expedite and were approved probably did so in August when the worst violence/turmoil happened there. After that, USCIS probably just didn't think the situation was very dire. My son and I were there in December to visit and it was mainly fine. My husband can't come to the US until late September anyway because of his work- I just want the visa to be finished before that because it will make me feel less worried! I am just really, really hoping for the NOA2 so I can finish NVC paperwork sooner than later because we are traveling in Europe from the second week of June to the end of the month and then returning to Egypt for the summer. I don't want the NVC paperwork coming to my US address when I'm not there! That's like my worst fear!

Edited by AmberG

Timeline

I saw an approval from VSC, yesterday. PD 10/2. (on another forum though, not here on VJ)

Interesting! I have a PD 10/1 ....maybe it won't be as long as we thought! The one thing I do know is the approvals don't see to have that much rhyme or reason date-wise.

I GOT NOA2!!!!!! 17th March. California.

Congrats- great news :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw an approval from VSC, yesterday. PD 10/2. (on another forum though, not here on VJ)

Thanks for the update. Please keep doing that since most of us arent active on other sites. Would you mind sharing which site you saw the update on?

Still waiting on my noa2. I have faith in God that this week is gong to happend. :)

Cr1. Pd oct 8 2013

transfer march 12 to VSC

Noa2 march 26.

Nvc received april 2nd.

Case number May 01

Timeline

. I don't want the NVC paperwork coming to my US address when I'm not there! That's like my worst fear!

I think if you do it right, you won't actually have to receive any mail from NVC at any stage... They just approve you and forward your case to the embassy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...

Timeline

I think if you do it right, you won't actually have to receive any mail from NVC at any stage... They just approve you and forward your case to the embassy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...

That would be great if they didn't send you anything. I hope! Maybe someone can confirm. The last time that I applied for my husband for I-130 10 years ago (his card is lapsed, which is why we're applying again), we applied through the Cairo Embassy- there was no NVC stage, so I am unfamiliar wit it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.