2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Called NVC today and I received my Case Number and IIN. It had just arrived to them today, I had a feeling something was up because the man prompty asked me, just after giving him my USCIS number, what the beneficiary and petitioner information had been. Names and DOB. It took 27 days total from case received to case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi Guys! Yesterday we received our case number and IIN. DS 261 is acceptance and Aos Bill pay :)

Good Luck for everyone!

10-15-2013 - Priority Date
3-05-2014 - Transferred to NSC

3-25-2014 - Approved!
3-27-2014 - Shipped to NVC

4-08-2014 - NVC Received
5-13-2014 - Case number and IIN assigned

5-13-2014 - DS261 available and submitted / accepted
5-13-2014 - Pay the AOS Bill

5-14-2014 - AOS send to NVC
5-19-2014 - AOS delivered to NVC
5-22-2014 - AOS scanned

6-24-2014 - Packet IV send

7-01-2014 - Received IV Fee and paid
7-03-2014 - Packet IV scanned
7-07-2014 - Completed DS260
8-15/16-2014 (?) - Case Complete! ( Talking to NVC said that CC 16 August - it's Saturday :o
) :energy:
9-10-2014 - Medical exam (DONE)
10-15-2014-INTERVIEW! APPROVED! Exactly one year from NOA1 :))))))))))
10-16-2014- Visa Issued
10-17-2014- Visa in hand!

10-23-2014 - POE in Chicago

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Cool!

Did you have to call USCIS to make sure they sent the package to NVC on time?

No, I received an email stating that it was shipped over. But I did have to call NVC to confirm it arrived.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been seeing quite a bit that those who filed for a K3 visa have been getting case numbers assigned to them faster then if the I130 was filed alone? Any truth to that? Just curious to see how soon I can expect a case number. I'm shooting for the middle of June as the best bet, but I hope for some reason we get it sooner because of our K3 application....any merit to that rumor?!

Well for me that was true. I filed both and it seems I was assigned the case and IIN right away. Only thing is I have no idea when my case was sent and received. The date I put as my case number assigned was a random day I called up and they gave it to me. It may have been assigned sooner. I am waiting for the DS260 to become available and I didn't send in my IV packet yet as I'm waiting for my husband to send some documents from Egypt...but otherwise I was able to progress pretty quickly. Here's my timeline so far:

04/11/2014 -- I130 NOA2

??? – I130 Shipped to NVC

NVC

???-2014 -- NVC received

05-02-2014 -- NVC case number assigned case

05-05-2014 -- Completed DS-261 online

05-08-2014 -- I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

05-12-2014 -- Sent I-864(AOS) Package

05-06-2014 -- DS-261 accepted

05-12-2014 -- IV bill invoiced and paid

XX-XX-2014 -- DS-260 completed online

XX-XX-2014 -- IV packets sent

XX-XX-2014 -- Case completed

XX-XX-2014 -- Interview scheduled

Edited by AmberG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oh god... I remember reading about that bunch of people who were sent to NRC instead of NVC. What a balls-up :blink:

Hey so yesterday i called the NVC to ask about the case if recieved and when possibly be assigned case number and iiiN number (BTW, my case was shipped to NVC on April 14th) so after 25 minutes on hold the woman replied and told me that the case was recieved on April 25th! and after 30 days will be sent an email about case number and iiin number and how to do the payments and stuff!

which means it should be around May 25th! yayyyy! so excited to start the real prosses at NVC

btw, once the case number is assigned how long does it take to complete the case at NVC?? is it a month??

cheers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

NVC received our case on April 8th. We called in this day but not case number yet. We get our case number and IIN May 13.

10-15-2013 - Priority Date
3-05-2014 - Transferred to NSC

3-25-2014 - Approved!
3-27-2014 - Shipped to NVC

4-08-2014 - NVC Received
5-13-2014 - Case number and IIN assigned

5-13-2014 - DS261 available and submitted / accepted
5-13-2014 - Pay the AOS Bill

5-14-2014 - AOS send to NVC
5-19-2014 - AOS delivered to NVC
5-22-2014 - AOS scanned

6-24-2014 - Packet IV send

7-01-2014 - Received IV Fee and paid
7-03-2014 - Packet IV scanned
7-07-2014 - Completed DS260
8-15/16-2014 (?) - Case Complete! ( Talking to NVC said that CC 16 August - it's Saturday :o
) :energy:
9-10-2014 - Medical exam (DONE)
10-15-2014-INTERVIEW! APPROVED! Exactly one year from NOA1 :))))))))))
10-16-2014- Visa Issued
10-17-2014- Visa in hand!

10-23-2014 - POE in Chicago

Timeline

If we can have some NVC discussion here, that would be great. The NVC thread is impossible for me to follow and I've tried going through it a few times when I needed to ask something. But it is just far too difficult when you have limited time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree. It's hard to follow. I haven't signed up for May thread yet. ...I'm just looking at the spreadsheet to analyse the the data to see how long it's taking to have the case complete from NOA2

Timeline

If we can have some NVC discussion here, that would be great. The NVC thread is impossible for me to follow and I've tried going through it a few times when I needed to ask something. But it is just far too difficult when you have limited time.

It is pointless go there if my case hasn't been activated. I don't even know if the case will be activated this month, yet.

I call every 3 days. I was told that it would be received in 2 weeks!

Timeline

It is pointless go there if my case hasn't been activated. I don't even know if the case will be activated this month, yet.

I call every 3 days. I was told that it would be received in 2 weeks!

You were at VSC, right? I think mine took almost 3 weeks until it got there and showed up on their system. I don't know for sure since USCIS never sent me an email about when it was sent and I was just calling randomly at NVC once a week to see if it got there. But I am estimating about 3 weeks.

The only thing I would say, though, is read the NVC Wiki and prepare your AOS and IV documents now while you're waiting because once you get your case and IIN number it moves super fast. After you get the numbers you can finish everything in less than 2 weeks. I paid and filled out everything as of today, however I don't have all the IV documents to send in yet and I wish I did. My husband is Fedexing them early next week, but I honestly should have been prepared before. I guess I saw how slow the USCIS moved and thought NVC would be more of the same, but was not the case. There's always the chance I could get checklisted, however the actual paying and submitting can be done super fast once you have your numbers.

Timeline

You were at VSC, right? I think mine took almost 3 weeks until it got there and showed up on their system. I don't know for sure since USCIS never sent me an email about when it was sent and I was just calling randomly at NVC once a week to see if it got there. But I am estimating about 3 weeks.

The only thing I would say, though, is read the NVC Wiki and prepare your AOS and IV documents now while you're waiting because once you get your case and IIN number it moves super fast. After you get the numbers you can finish everything in less than 2 weeks. I paid and filled out everything as of today, however I don't have all the IV documents to send in yet and I wish I did. My husband is Fedexing them early next week, but I honestly should have been prepared before. I guess I saw how slow the USCIS moved and thought NVC would be more of the same, but was not the case. There's always the chance I could get checklisted, however the actual paying and submitting can be done super fast once you have your numbers.

Yep. VSC and their site still not updated. NVC got my papers april 25th, so I am hoping to get my case and IIN next week. I call every other day.

I got everything needed for NVC stage. police records, birth cert and have our original marriage cert etc... Just going to translate police records and birth cert.

Hopefully I get done within 2 weeks of time of receiving case and IIN number. Plan on submitting everything ASAP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.