drenie_elyonie

What does "Ready" status in CEAC mean?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

Got another question for all you lovely people :)

So I just checked our case status in the CEAC webstite. I typed in our NVC case number and rhis is what it says:

READY

Case Creation Date: 30-Sep-2013

Status Updated Date: 04-Oct-2013

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

I paid the visa fee this morning and called the embassy to schedule the interview, but they said that I should wait for a letter from the embassy that says I am eligible to schedule an interview. Well, having read almost all the guides and reading the numerous helpful forum topics here, I know that it's useless to wait for the letter that will probably never come :P my question is, does the "Ready" status in ceac mean that they have sent my case to the embassy? And when is it advisable to have the interview (1, 2, 3 months frm now?) I've checked the available interview dates and they have a few more open slots between tomorrow and the end of november...

As always, we appreciate all your responses :)

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

05/29/2013 - A Number changed - May 29, 2013

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

09/30/2013 - NVC assigned our case number

11/18/2013 - Visa Interview!! - APPROVED!

11/25/2013 - Visa ready for pickup

11/26/2013 - Visa in hand!

1/26/2014 - MNL to LAX flight =)

AOS Journey:

02/27/2014 - AOS and EAD NOA1

03/25/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

05/14/2014 - EAD approved!

05/17/2014 - EAD card received

09/02/2014 - Got my driver's license!

...still waiting for AOS approval :)

I'm the beneficiary smile.png goofy.gif smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

are u done with interview???? if not then it means that your papers is ready for interview but if your done with interview then nothings changed then coz it should have said "ISSUED"

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi Drenie_elyonie!how's everything? did you receive a packet 3 already? Our case has a READY status also and I am waiting for the packet 3 for the instructions. It's been a week now since I have seen the READY status but still haven't receive anything from the consulate.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello!

Got another question for all you lovely people smile.png

So I just checked our case status in the CEAC webstite. I typed in our NVC case number and rhis is what it says:

READY

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

I paid the visa fee this morning and called the embassy to schedule the interview, but they said that I should wait for a letter from the embassy that says I am eligible to schedule an interview. Well, having read almost all the guides and reading the numerous helpful forum topics here, I know that it's useless to wait for the letter that will probably never come tongue.png my question is, does the "Ready" status in ceac mean that they have sent my case to the embassy? And when is it advisable to have the interview (1, 2, 3 months frm now?) I've checked the available interview dates and they have a few more open slots between tomorrow and the end of november...

As always, we appreciate all your responses smile.png

Timeline

hi..drenie_elyonie...how can we check available interview dates?please give me info..thanks

hi..drenie_elyonie...how can we check available interview dates?please give me info..thanks

Hello!

Got another question for all you lovely people smile.png

READY

I paid the visa fee this morning and called the embassy to schedule the interview, but they said that I should wait for a letter from the embassy that says I am eligible to schedule an interview. Well, having read almost all the guides and reading the numerous helpful forum topics here, I know that it's useless to wait for the letter that will probably never come tongue.png my question is, does the "Ready" status in ceac mean that they have sent my case to the embassy? And when is it advisable to have the interview (1, 2, 3 months frm now?) I've checked the available interview dates and they have a few more open slots between tomorrow and the end of november...

As always, we appreciate all your responses smile.png

hi i am new in posting here...hoe i am doing the right thing..lol how can we check for available interview date?thanks

Timeline

Hi Drenie_elyonie!how's everything? did you receive a packet 3 already? Our case has a READY status also and I am waiting for the packet 3 for the instructions. It's been a week now since I have seen the READY status but still haven't receive anything from the consulate.

Hi raistlin119! Yes, I had my interview last November 18 and now we're approved and I have my visa in hand :) Do you already have your MNL number? It's the number that the NVC assigns to your case. I'm sorry this reply is so late but I didn't notice until now that some have replied to this thread. Do you have an interview date already?

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

Timeline

are u done with interview???? if not then it means that your papers is ready for interview but if your done with interview then nothings changed then coz it should have said "ISSUED"

Hi Mai and Timmy! Yes I'm done with the interview and now have the visa in hand :) I didn't notice the replies to this thread, so sorry... I'll be flying to the US on January 26th :)

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

Timeline

hi i am new in posting here...hoe i am doing the right thing..lol how can we check for available interview date?thanks

Hi pjao, you can register in the website www.ustraveldocs.com/ph, you can check for available dates and schedule an appointment with the embassy :) I'm just curious, why does your timeline say that you consulate is Armenia but your country is Philippines? Are you currently working in Armenia and plan on being interviewed there?

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi pjao, you can register in the website www.ustraveldocs.com/ph, you can check for available dates and schedule an appointment with the embassy smile.png I'm just curious, why does your timeline say that you consulate is Armenia but your country is Philippines? Are you currently working in Armenia and plan on being interviewed there?

Hello,

How can I check available dates for interviews in algeria?

I already made a profile but can't seem to find the answer to my question... can you help?

Timeline

Hello,

How can I check available dates for interviews in algeria?

I already made a profile but can't seem to find the answer to my question... can you help?

I'm not sure how the consulate in Algeria processes the approved petitions. I think they are the ones who schedule your interview. Have you checked this guide for your country: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Algeria&cty=Alger

I hope the link can shed some light into your questions.

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

• 5 months later...

Hello! I think we have the same case? The status for my husbands petition has been READY since last year October 2013 (i think) and We just started processing the required documents for the interview. We've had the case number since October 2013 (Approved August 2013). I think we got approved at the same time if im not mistaken. Im amazed how yours went by fast. Do you need to pay the visa fee before the interview or you can do it during the interview? How did you set the appointment? through https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment? May is fully booked for now :( But in my case, am i eligible for the interview appointment now? or do I need to wait for a paper to come in the mail snail? which ive been waiting for since Octoebr but didnt get. So im guessign I can set an interview appointment as soon as there is an available slot on the website. I really need to go back to United states by July bcoz im pregnant and cant fly after July :(

Hello!

Got another question for all you lovely people :)

READY

I paid the visa fee this morning and called the embassy to schedule the interview, but they said that I should wait for a letter from the embassy that says I am eligible to schedule an interview. Well, having read almost all the guides and reading the numerous helpful forum topics here, I know that it's useless to wait for the letter that will probably never come :P my question is, does the "Ready" status in ceac mean that they have sent my case to the embassy? And when is it advisable to have the interview (1, 2, 3 months frm now?) I've checked the available interview dates and they have a few more open slots between tomorrow and the end of november...

As always, we appreciate all your responses :)

2007 - Came back from the U.S.2008 - Met Nic (L)November 27,2009 - Had first daughter :goofy: - June 19,2010 - Got Married at a Church (F) - February 2011 - CRBA my first child at US Embassy Manila and officially a dual Citizen Baby October 12,2011 - Had our 2nd child/son :dancing:August 23,2013 - Petitioned NicAugust 30,2013 - Petition APPROVED :thumbs: October 2013 - Received Approval letterOctober 2013 - Received Packet 3 + Case NumberJanuary 2014 - Moving foward with DS-260January 2014 - Problem 1: thought we didn't have a case number coz we were looking for a NVC number -_- Took 3 months to noticed we already had it in our hands :bonk: April 2014 - Problem 2: Wrong input of the applicants birthday on their system, and didn't notice it until this month... <_< :bonk: :idea:May 2,2014 - Out of no where, i tried the wrong birthday and POOF! Finished the form right away, by the way. DS-260 = DONE!!! :content: :idea: May 9,2014 - Finally found an available slot for VISA INTERVIEW! Yeyy!! :dancing: May 15,2014 - Wrong birthday finally corrected - USEM just received our DS-260 Form which was done 2 weeks ago :clock: [Next should be setting the interview and medical and doing CRBA for 2nd child... :clock: Hoping my husband will get his visa in a month because I need to leave for U.S. by July because we are having our 3rd child this October 2014 :dancing: ] May 28,2014 - Medical at SLEC = PASSED!!! June 6,2014 - Interview at USEM = ?????? - CRBA <p> (L)(L)(L)

Timeline

Hi kparz! Yup, I'm in the US now with my husband and we got married two months ago. Wow, you got approved last august too? Now all you need to do is the embassy interview! It's a pretty fast process now, especially since once they approve his visa it might take only 1-2 weeks before they mail the passport back and then you and your husband can fly right away :) Well, after he finishes the CFO seminar too, let's not forget that ;)

Sooo on to your questions...

Do you need to pay the visa fee before the interview or you can do it during the interview? Pay the visa fee BEFORE the interview, AFTER you've made an interview appointment with the embassy.

How did you set the appointment? The link you gave is correct . Make sure you follow all of the instructions!

am i eligible for the interview appointment now? Yes...as I remember, I didn't really need the letter from the embassy when I set the appointment. All you need is your NOA2 number when setting the appointment. (someone correct me if i'm wrong here!)

or do I need to wait for a paper to come in the snail mail? No. It might never come, don't keep waiting for it!

There you have it! Set your appointment, pay the visa fee and go to the interview! Don't forget the CFO seminar, too! And make sure that once your husband goes in for his interview, that he has all of the paperwork he needs because if he forgets anything then he can't have the interview and he has to come back with the complete requirements. Make sure you keep the receipt of your visa fee, since they will ask for it at the embassy (bring it with you at the interview!) :) Read and re-read the guides so you won't miss anything. I'm guessing you don't have anything to worry about during the actual interview, you guys are gonna have two wonderful kids now and that's proof enough that you really love each other! So it's only a matter of being ready with all of the paperwork.

Oh, and since you have also have your son with you, make sure he's ready with all of his papers before you get on that plane, just to make sure you'll have a smooth journey out of the Philippines and back to the US.

Good luck!

Hello! I think we have the same case? The status for my husbands petition has been READY since last year October 2013 (i think) and We just started processing the required documents for the interview. We've had the case number since October 2013 (Approved August 2013). I think we got approved at the same time if im not mistaken. Im amazed how yours went by fast. Do you need to pay the visa fee before the interview or you can do it during the interview? How did you set the appointment? through https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment? May is fully booked for now :( But in my case, am i eligible for the interview appointment now? or do I need to wait for a paper to come in the mail snail? which ive been waiting for since Octoebr but didnt get. So im guessign I can set an interview appointment as soon as there is an available slot on the website. I really need to go back to United states by July bcoz im pregnant and cant fly after July :(

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

Hi!! Thanks for the reply... Good news! I finally found an open slot late last night for June 6!! I hope all goes smoothly, my husband will be doing his Medical in 2 weeks. Im crossing fingers we will get to leave the Philippiens together :) When does he do the CFO seminar? Does it have to be in Manila? We are all the way from Mindanao. Can he do it after getting approved or he has to do it with his visa on hand? Can he do it like a day before our flight to U.S. (if he does get the visa)?

So I can pay on the day I have the interview but it has to be before our schedule? We live all the way here in Mindanao. Or we can do it when he does his medical. And pay at the embassy?

Yes, I feel everything will go well. I mean we've been married for 3..(going 4 next month) years and have 2..going 3 kids by the end of the year! What other proof do they need right??? Im so excited. I cant wait. Thank you :))

Hi kparz! Yup, I'm in the US now with my husband and we got married two months ago. Wow, you got approved last august too? Now all you need to do is the embassy interview! It's a pretty fast process now, especially since once they approve his visa it might take only 1-2 weeks before they mail the passport back and then you and your husband can fly right away :) Well, after he finishes the CFO seminar too, let's not forget that ;)

Sooo on to your questions...

Do you need to pay the visa fee before the interview or you can do it during the interview? Pay the visa fee BEFORE the interview, AFTER you've made an interview appointment with the embassy.

How did you set the appointment? The link you gave is correct . Make sure you follow all of the instructions!

am i eligible for the interview appointment now? Yes...as I remember, I didn't really need the letter from the embassy when I set the appointment. All you need is your NOA2 number when setting the appointment. (someone correct me if i'm wrong here!)

or do I need to wait for a paper to come in the snail mail? No. It might never come, don't keep waiting for it!

There you have it! Set your appointment, pay the visa fee and go to the interview! Don't forget the CFO seminar, too! And make sure that once your husband goes in for his interview, that he has all of the paperwork he needs because if he forgets anything then he can't have the interview and he has to come back with the complete requirements. Make sure you keep the receipt of your visa fee, since they will ask for it at the embassy (bring it with you at the interview!) :) Read and re-read the guides so you won't miss anything. I'm guessing you don't have anything to worry about during the actual interview, you guys are gonna have two wonderful kids now and that's proof enough that you really love each other! So it's only a matter of being ready with all of the paperwork.

Oh, and since you have also have your son with you, make sure he's ready with all of his papers before you get on that plane, just to make sure you'll have a smooth journey out of the Philippines and back to the US.

Good luck!

2007 - Came back from the U.S.2008 - Met Nic (L)November 27,2009 - Had first daughter :goofy: - June 19,2010 - Got Married at a Church (F) - February 2011 - CRBA my first child at US Embassy Manila and officially a dual Citizen Baby October 12,2011 - Had our 2nd child/son :dancing:August 23,2013 - Petitioned NicAugust 30,2013 - Petition APPROVED :thumbs: October 2013 - Received Approval letterOctober 2013 - Received Packet 3 + Case NumberJanuary 2014 - Moving foward with DS-260January 2014 - Problem 1: thought we didn't have a case number coz we were looking for a NVC number -_- Took 3 months to noticed we already had it in our hands :bonk: April 2014 - Problem 2: Wrong input of the applicants birthday on their system, and didn't notice it until this month... <_< :bonk: :idea:May 2,2014 - Out of no where, i tried the wrong birthday and POOF! Finished the form right away, by the way. DS-260 = DONE!!! :content: :idea: May 9,2014 - Finally found an available slot for VISA INTERVIEW! Yeyy!! :dancing: May 15,2014 - Wrong birthday finally corrected - USEM just received our DS-260 Form which was done 2 weeks ago :clock: [Next should be setting the interview and medical and doing CRBA for 2nd child... :clock: Hoping my husband will get his visa in a month because I need to leave for U.S. by July because we are having our 3rd child this October 2014 :dancing: ] May 28,2014 - Medical at SLEC = PASSED!!! June 6,2014 - Interview at USEM = ?????? - CRBA <p> (L)(L)(L)

Timeline

You can do the CFO seminar anytime, but thing is if your husband doesn't have his visa yet then they won't give him the certification (after the seminar they attach something to the passport, certifying that the passport owner has attended the seminar). Will you be flying directly from mindanao to the US? If you have a few days to spare in manila before your flight, you can drop by the CFO office. Just know that if you want to attend you have to be VERY early, like arrive at 4am because lines get very long very quickly and it's on a first come first served basis. I think they only allow max of 15 per session (2 sessions - one in the morning and one in the afternoon). They open their gate at 7am so be prepared to stand in line for a long time.

Also note that your husband needs to have his passport when he attends the seminar.

As for the visa fee, you won't be paying at the embassy. Bank of the Philippine Islands handles visa payment transactions. You need the appointment confirmation, printed deposit slip and a photocopy of the passport when paying at BPI. Instructions are given for this when you make the appointment.

Remember to read the guides! There's a guide for the manila US embassy, just search and it can answer most of your questions :)

Keep us posted!

Hi!! Thanks for the reply... Good news! I finally found an open slot late last night for June 6!! I hope all goes smoothly, my husband will be doing his Medical in 2 weeks. Im crossing fingers we will get to leave the Philippiens together :) When does he do the CFO seminar? Does it have to be in Manila? We are all the way from Mindanao. Can he do it after getting approved or he has to do it with his visa on hand? Can he do it like a day before our flight to U.S. (if he does get the visa)?

So I can pay on the day I have the interview but it has to be before our schedule? We live all the way here in Mindanao. Or we can do it when he does his medical. And pay at the embassy?

Yes, I feel everything will go well. I mean we've been married for 3..(going 4 next month) years and have 2..going 3 kids by the end of the year! What other proof do they need right??? Im so excited. I cant wait. Thank you :))

05/24/2103 - NOA1 (CSC)

RFE - none!

08/22/2013 - NOA2!

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.