Timeline

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

I intentionally mentioned those who were denied. Many others had the issue brought up. Those denied were due to issues in their immigration history (how greencard was obtained and conditions removed). Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with my immigration's favorites list, but i remember this one case when the applicant was denied because of not just his 10-year greencard, but because of the initial condition greencard having issues, so they reviewed even beyond i-751. Heck, this case was denied because he changed employers too soon after getting his GC through employment. I think you get my point.

With the regards to the above....

1. Filed N-400 based on 3 years of marriage and residency. Irrelevant to the OP's situation.

2. N-400 was denied because of a USCIS error. OP never returned to say whether or not it was straightened out. Irrelevant to the OP's situation.

3. Person accepted a 10 year green card when they weren't eligible to do so because they divorced before receiving it. Completely their own fault. Irrelevant to the OP's situation.

4. That person had claimed asylum before marrying a US citizen!!! Couldn't be more irrelevant to the OP's situation.

5. Same as number 3. Person accepted a 10 year green card after divorce when they were no longer eligible. Irrelevant to the OP's situation.

6. Again, like number 3. Person accepted a 10 year green card while separated. You have to be in a viable marriage to do that. Irrelevant to the OP's situation.

7. That person wasn't denied...they got approved. Not sure what your point is posting that one.

And as for that last example where the person got denied for changing his job...they are talking about green cards based on employment, not marriage. Again, I don't see your point in posting that at all.

Will you now please stop scaremongering? You sound like a very paranoid person and if you want to be paranoid in your own head go ahead...but stop spreading it on here where people are nervous enough as it is.

Filing N-400 based on 5 years of residency is very straightforward and probably the easiest part of the whole immigration process...just like yours was!! Take your paranoia elsewhere.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Filing N-400 based on 5 years of residency is very straightforward and probably the easiest part of the whole immigration process...just like yours was!! Take your paranoia elsewhere.

What part of Those denied were due to issues in their immigration history do you not understand? I think you need help biggrin.png

My point was NOT ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING DENIED. It was about THEIR IMMIGRATION HISTORY BEING REVISITED. Is that loud enough? This just proves you couldn't be more wrong about immigration just looking at the 5-year requirement and approving them away. There's nothing wrong with admitting that you're wrong, you know?

And obviously you lack the decency to have a polite discussion and think I'm paranoid? Well done smile.png you're suddenly more credible now.

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline

Think before you respond. THINK.

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Everyone else who has contributed to this thread agreed with me that the OP's marriage and divorce won't affect their naturalization, and yet you think I'm the one who's wrong??

Timeline

And I will not be responding to you any further Okalian...I have better things to do than argue with your paranoia.

I see you're trying to gain confidence by "everyone else agree with me" :) I'm glad this works for you. Keep it deep in the sand.

And the keyword of the day to finish off your absurd argument: Denaturalization ... Divorce or otherwise, they dig deep in the history/file. 5-YEARS OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE IS NOT THE SOLE REQUIREMENT. Even a tomato would've understood by now.

Thanks for comforting everyone else from your lack of understanding and putting words in my mouth. That's the best thing you've yet said in this thread.

Wife's I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.