Kez/JWolf

What is this World coming to..

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
What I want to know is, although the school sent the letter, was it the school authority who felt it was inappropriate, or did the teacher's aide file some kind of complaint, personally?

People are quick to judge sometimes without getting the full story. This woman needs mental evaluation, this woman shouldn't be near children, etc. She may be just as dismayed by the school's action, as we are.

Does anyone know the answer?

The news report stated that the child's family requested an apology from the teacher's aide....she has refused to do so. Sounds like to me she isn't dismayed by the school's actions. As a teacher, I stand by my original post. She needs a mental evaluation. I've been teaching children for 12 years. Not once have I or any of the other teachers I've worked with mistook a child's hug as anything more than it was. Some children hug very tight too. I still don't see how she could have gotten anything of a sexual nature from that. :blink:

I'm not saying that someone who interprets a hug from a child as some kind of sexual misconduct doesn't need a mental evaluation - I would agree with you on that.

But, where does it state in the report that the child's family requested an apology from the teacher's aide? I can't see it and tried to look up other sites containing the article also, and couldn't find it. This is where it is helpful if people post a link to an article, not just cut and paste it or type it up themselves.

I see that a complaint was made(to the administrators) by the father, and that is only right. The little boy doesn't understand how a hug can be considered something bad, but I still haven't seen anywhere where the idea of the suspension came from. Did the teacher's aide report what the child had done as inappropriate, or did someone else report it to the administrators, or did an administrator see it and decide on the internal suspension of the boy?

If indeed it was the aide that reported the child's behaviour as inappropriate, then I agree with you "she is a head case" but did this suspension arise from her making a complaint to the administrators, or from elsewhere? That's all I am asking.

Thanks.

G.

The parents were interviewed and it aired on our local news channel. The news report showed an excerpt of the letter (highlighted) that showed where the apology was denied. From what I've been able to gather (reading reports and from listening to the news report on tv) the aide reported it. But you know how news reports can get skewed by lots of other information. However, the report on tv did show where the apology was denied to the parents. If I could post a link to the segment from tv, I surely would.

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The parents were interviewed and it aired on our local news channel. The news report showed an excerpt of the letter (highlighted) that showed where the apology was denied. From what I've been able to gather (reading reports and from listening to the news report on tv) the aide reported it. But you know how news reports can get skewed by lots of other information. However, the report on tv did show where the apology was denied to the parents. If I could post a link to the segment from tv, I surely would.

Thanks Karen, for clarifying. Now that you say that the t.v. report confirmed that the aide reported it, I feel I understand a little more of what actually happened.

Yup! You are absolutely right - the woman needs a mental evaluation, and a HUGE sign around her neck that says "Don't touch me!!!!" Oh, the kids are only 4, so they probably wouldn't be able to read that! That poor little boy!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!