Together4ever

Update

176 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I appreciate the kindness and caring. I'm really at my wits end. The strains this is putting on both of us as individuals and as a couple are immense. One minute I'm numb, the next minute I'm sobbing. I try to not think about this at all but how can you not acknowledge a mountain sitting on your head? I really want him here with me, we allowed ourselves to dream and plan, and now we have to pull it all back again. This is really becoming hard to handle... the dangling of the golden carrot and then yanking it away again. So I resort to sitting and picking through things logically because I can't get a f**king straight answer from ANYONE. I too can defend the Embassy because I know what an immense undertaking it is for them to wade through all they have to process in a given day. It boggles my mind really and I do see how easily something can slip through a crack. But on the other hand, this is emotionally crushing. It still nags at me that if there was a request for yet further checks, it would have been in the computer system by now. I hope tomorrow will see some kind of closure to this but I have a feeling that wish too is just more folly.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just posted a question in a new topic as to why so big a load from other countries at the Cairo consulate and now I am reading this and seeing what you have been going through. I am so sorry for your long delay and this doesn't look too promising for our situation either. I hope that your SO visa will be coming sooooooooon and our questions for interview answered soon. :(

I cannot understand why the consulate is run so disorganized even though they are busy, this is not right to give you all this run around, and really scares me for what we are in for in the next few weeks (hopefully) not months. :wacko:

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Ironically I turned on the tv to The Wizard of Oz today where they have gone to the wizard with the broom stick and he says "come back tomorrow!" Dorothy cries and says, "But we did what you asked." (I was starting to emphatize) And the wizard bellers and smokes and flames "I'm the Great and Powerful Oz and I say come back tomorrow!" "If you're so great and all powerful," Dorothy cries, "Why can't you just help us now." I had to turn it off. My ire was soaring sky high. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ HAS SPOKEN.

Pay no attention to that little man behind the curtain...

I need to take my bad attitude elsewhere.

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow what a mess. I wasn't familiar with this story until a friend just pointed it out to me.

Jean, try to hang in there. This has got to be terribly terribly hard. I don't know much about the Egyptian consulate other than what I know from another friend and her story wasn't too glowing.

Hoping you feel better...somehow...

I disagree whole-heartdly. You need to keep your bad attitude right here, where it belongs. Where your friends can keep an eye on you and offer the support you need. I sure hope that your good news comes in this week and we can all celebrate with you.

Jackie (F)

(and when he is in your arms at the airport, you can say 'there's no place like home.' )

I must be really messed in the head. I can't find good news in this. This is my trouble right now. I don't know what to think or believe about any of this anymore. Things in Egypt have escalated and now my sweet heart is without a place to call home tonight and I had hoped beyond all hopes this visa would come by now and this wouldn't happen. He's searching for a roof over his head, I'm searching for my sanity, and Cairo is searching for our visa. hahaha

Toss in that the electrician won't be here until tomorrow to fix whatever caused the fuse box to spit sparks at me this morning and that they are asking me to work 12 hours tomorrow, well hot doggy. Its great to be me! Yeah I'm feeling damn sorry for myself right now. I don't know what else to do.

I went down and sat by the lake for awhile to just find some kind of quiet in myself. Two riders came out of trees on a pair of very young horses. The horses were frightened by some plastic that was put up to stop some hill erosion and didn't want to continue in the direction they were headed. One of the women started hauling on the poor thing's bit, kicking it, hitting it to get it go where she wanted it to go. (empathizing again) I wanted to say something to her so badly. People can be such morons. Then the horse saw me sitting there all teary eyed, his ears went up and he started coming to me. LOL I love horses, always have, I guess he knew it. After they finally continued on their way, I sat with the ducks. I'm really tired of being alone. I'm tired of worrying about Mohammed... if he's ok. I really hate this time of year.

the good news is that you have regular contact with them although they are being inconsistant. if we hear nothing - its bad and we are disgusted that we cant get answers, if we get too much contact with little result, we still have frustration because its not a streamilined workflow in any regard.

i think Amy had a good idea to re-forward the emails back showing the inconsistancies. I know very well Jean how convuluted it can get right at the end as they did the same thing to me.

What I have done is to use "reply" when corresponding with the Embassy regarding this mess. The entire thread of the conversation is always present and I refer to it. I am trying to remain unemotional in my correspondence, but I'm sure my frustration is apparent. The hard part is knowing I'm not likely to get any more response for a few more days. I just want people reading this to understand this isn't simply a matter of unrequited hormones or simple loneliness. I'm concerned about Mohammed and this is what's driving my insanity. Again I just want to say I appreciate being allowed to say things here as I need to. I have no other place to turn and I know people here can relate well to what is happening. I just want my other half to be ok.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
the good news is that you have regular contact with them although they are being inconsistant. if we hear nothing - its bad and we are disgusted that we cant get answers, if we get too much contact with little result, we still have frustration because its not a streamilined workflow in any regard.

i think Amy had a good idea to re-forward the emails back showing the inconsistancies. I know very well Jean how convuluted it can get right at the end as they did the same thing to me.

I am so sorry to hear about your turmoil during this time. I understand how hard it is for you and Mohamed. When I was waiting for my Mohamed's visa I did a lot of possitive visualization. I really beleive in the power of the mind and thoughts. If you are worried and upset and put those thoughts and energies out there then they can reflect back to you. I focused on good thoughts and possitive visualization of us together, Mohamed getting his visa and us being together soon. It might sound a little silly but I swear it works. I know it can be hard not to think of all the sad time or frusterating times. If you could try to think more about the wonderful times you have shared together, miracles could happen and those thought will reflect back to you. I wish you the best of luck. You are in my thoughts and prayer.

Janelle

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Jean,

I'm sorry for what Cairo is putting you through with its indecisiveness. Cairo did this to me as well, so much to the point that one officer was telling my husband was approved and receiving his visa within the week and another officer was telling me that wasnt the case as the consulate hadn't had time to review the case and to wait a week. Well we were getting frustrated so I occupied my time in doing things to prepare for when he did get his visa like look for airline prices, looking and eventually purchasing a new home for us, shopping for furniture, making a welcome home party for 2, etc.

Maybe you have been doing other things to occupy your time til he gets his visa in hand. Think of your future together when all this is behind you and he is here and in your arms for good. I know I didnt expect for my husband to get his visa when he did as we received a 221-g (request for more info). My hubby didnt receive the document i sent him til June 6, 2005 and the consulate didnt receive til June 9th so I was very surprised when he contacted me on 4th of July '05 that he had the visa in hand. I know that everyone's case is different as well as their circumstances I am sure your fiancee will get his visa soon when he least expects it.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Other Timeline

"Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

But I say unto you, they are inseparable.

Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.

Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall."

Khalil Gibran "The Prophet"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean I am sorry for your distress and if I may, I want to leave a prayer for u here.

Father, Our God, Our Provider, Our Doctor, Our Lawyer, Our Everything, it is written that you know what we want even before we come to you with it. It is also written that you would not put any more on us that we can handle. So Lord, its time for you to stand in and :help:. We know that threw you all things are possible.

Father we ask that as the sun rises in the Middle East and as the Consulate begins their work day, that Mohamed's Visa is the first to be laid eyes upon. Lord I pray that Mohamed's phone will ring and someone with some sense would advise him to pick up the visa today.

Oh God you are about LOVE and we ask that you would make a way for Jean and Mohamed to be joined together. Jean is at her wits end, Father I ask that you pour out your peace on her in such a way that she wont even understand it. Please oh God grant them the desire of their hearts. enough is enough.

Amen

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can only send you good wishes and my prayers that you hear something soon.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.