Danno

Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

article-0-000DB7061000044C-133_306x447.j

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

The former KGB agent has been recommended by an activist group because he 'actively promotes settlement of all conflicts arising on the planet'.

His attempts to prevent a US air strike on Syria after suspected chemical weapons attacks on civilians was also given as a reason behind the recognition.

Despite being the main supplier of weapons to Bashar Al-Assad's regime, fellow politicans have rushed to his defense, with one claiming he is 'more worthy' than Barack Obama.

Activist group The International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World put his name forward but made no mention of the violent campaigns he waged against the separatists in Chechnya or the war in Georgia.

The letter of recommedationn read: 'Being the leader of one of the leading nations of the world, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin makes efforts to maintain peace and tranquillity not only on the territory of his own country but also actively promotes settlement of all conflicts arising on the planet' The New York Times reported.

Russian singer and MP Iosif Kobzon, backed the nomination comparing his actions to that of the US President, who won the same prize in 2009.

He told Interfax news agency: 'Barack Obama is the man who has initiated and approved the United States' aggressive actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

'Now he is preparing for an invasion into Syria. He bears this title nevertheless.

'Our president, who tries to stop the bloodshed and who tries to help the conflict situation with political dialogue, is more worthy of this high title.'

The prize is awarded to 'the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses'.

Previous winners of the prize have included Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa and Desmond Tutu.

The winner of this year’s prize will be announced on October 11 and the deadline for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize nominations is in February.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442079/Russian-President-Vladimir-Putin-nominated-Nobel-Peace-Prize.html#ixzz2giq8YWTc

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Why not co-nominate Bashar Assad? That's how silly that award has become.

You see, Liberals ruin everything.

Did we ever find out who it was that nominated Obamer?

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Putin should win. He swam with the Dolphin's...he's a shoe in.

I wonder if they'll absolve him of all the contract hits under his belt? ;)

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just aother community organizer, getting his props.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Of course there is that story about Putin after having been elected the first time and after having campaigned on an aggressive military action in Chechnya,

one of the first thing he did was arrive to the troops down there and handed out Daggers to the troops for motivation.

Hmmm, what would barry personally hand out to US troops going into a conflict?

Perhaps signed copies of "Audacity of Hope?"

rofl.gif

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perhaps signed copies of "Audacity of Hope?"

Yes, because hope is so overrated.

Daggers are always a better gift.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

rofl.gif

They are going to take away Obama's and send it to Putin!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Has anyone noticed that Gay Rights in Russia were a hot topic until Putin gave Obama a "swirly" in a Russian squat toilet?

Now he can go around shirtless, arresting gay men on horseback and no one says anything? (he would have to arrest about 80% of the women if he went for bi-sexuals, besides, that's HOT!!!!!)

Now he gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. For telling Obama to "stuff it" Ted Cruz will probably get one also.rofl.gif

Gay rights would be a lot better off if we elected a leader in our country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Has anyone noticed that Gay Rights in Russia were a hot topic until Putin gave Obama a "swirly" in a Russian squat toilet?

Now he can go around shirtless, arresting gay men on horseback and no one says anything? (he would have to arrest about 80% of the women if he went for bi-sexuals, besides, that's HOT!!!!!)

Now he gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. For telling Obama to "stuff it" Ted Cruz will probably get one also.rofl.gif

Gay rights would be a lot better off if we elected a leader in our country.

You never disappoint. Nothing in this posts is accurate or meaningful it's just an expression of disdain based on your own prejudice.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Russian President Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by an advocacy group that credits him with bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/2/russias-vladimir-putin-nominated-nobel-peace-prize/

Commence meltdown in 3...2...1...

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.