FlyCal

MTL interview - where to stay

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am doing my medical and interview in MTL the week of Oct 29-Nov 5 as apparently the medical takes 3 business days to process. Kinda sucks to have to spend 7 days in MTL, but what can you do.

Any recommendations for reasonable hotels in the area, close to the embassy and also things to do?

Timeline

I stayed at the Travelodge last week for my interview....the room was small but it was clean and served its purpose, the compliementary breakfast was ok for some coffee fruit and toast...great location to the Consulate and places to eat and shop if you needed to kill time....easy to get to with the Bus..... I paid $ 98.00/night

Edited by Stubby and Rio

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

I stayed at Travelodge too (2010) - close (10 min walk)...room small, shower REAL small....I hated it. And parking was expensive. They dont have enough parking for the # of rooms they have, so if you cant get in their garage, they tell you to park down the street. The breakfast is great there, and they have a currency exchange in the hotel. Its real close to everything.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

There are a couple of on-going threads on both subjects (where to stay & what to do). I’ll try and find them and bump them up.

We did some boat tour that was a nice way of passing the time and Old Montreal was nice to walk around.

Timeline

We stayed at the Travelodge too last week. It was ok for it was granted we were only there one night. We paid around $120 for the night. It was only a 6-7 minute walk to the consulate which is really the only reason we decided to stay here. It has a small parking garage and parking is about $21/night. Desjardins complex is almost right across the street from it (2 minute walk). It's a decent sized shopping mall. It's also right next to China town if you like Chinese food. The room we had wasn't that great. It was really small by American standards but then again their rooms are European style so that was expected. The bathroom was small. The shower had only 2 settings: really hot or really cold. The breakfast was generic, nothing special but good enough (cereal, bread, milk, juice, fruits). The one thing I did like about the room is that we had a good Wifi signal (room 111). If I had a longer stay I would probably look at other hotel options.

Timeline

Anyone stay at the Courtyard by Marriott???? I am actually now doing my Medical in Toronto, so only need hotel for the one night.

I've heard the Marriott is right next to the Consulate.

i stayed at the Best Western Downtown on Drummond St. Super easy to get to from the bus with a short block long walk. Lots of restaurants around. 5-10 min walk to the medical place and 10 min walk to the consulate. Room was clean, if a bit small (was a small queen room) but did everything I needed. Didn't have a microwave but had a little fridge.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.