nobbie

Kimberley (Salgado?) Steve Reed?

67 posts in this topic

Hopefully this will get resolved now. The issue now seems to me to be different govt agencies, CBP, Embassy who are state dept, USCIS at my end too.

Not sure about the name change, however I will let you know when I file for AoS!!!!! Lets try and have different timelines.

Can you IM the number you are using to speak to officer Hum, might give her a call tomorrow, see what she thinks is going to happen about getting my stuff here as she is the one who can speak to the embassy.

Now I look back to my interview, in the first bit where they collect your docs together, the bloke asked me "what is your middle name" at the time I thought it was an odd, if not easy question. Makes me think now he was making sure I was the right person. For those who do not know, me and the other Steve have identical first and surnames but different middle names.

What an utterly amazing thread good.gif

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really hope you both sort this out without too much stress. I just wanted to say that this thread is amazing and improves my impression of VJ highly. I can't believe you're both here! What are the odds...

well said LAS - as many screwups as I've seen in my short time dealing with this process, I'm still shocked at how far that one went. Hope this gets sorted for good soon. So nice of them to give nobbie 30 days to get the gov't's mistake sorted out. :rolleyes:

Woah, this one is a doozy! Hope they get things sorted for you both ASAP!

Were you the one, Nobbie, that got your passport back in only 4 days - interviewed Monday and got your passport on Friday?

Either way it's unbelievable this mess is so hard to sort.

Aside: I wrote in my Embassy review for London last week that my interview was interrupted mid-flow by a woman that showed up who had apparently spoken directly on the phone to the chap behind the counter checking my documents earlier that morning (she knew his name) & had been told to go straight to his counter number (13) to sort her issue out when she arrived - When she had been told by the courier to 'open the package and check the contents' She accidentally opened the interior envelope (she was blonde ;)) and consequently was at the Embassy to have it resealed. Rather than wondering how she accidentally opened the envelope, I stood there thinking 'How the hell did she talk to this guy directly on the phone???' I wish I had asked now but I'm just repeating the story because there must be SOME way, if she did it.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow ~ VJ is an amazing site

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Incredible.

Please keep us posted as to how this turns out.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Woah, this one is a doozy! Hope they get things sorted for you both ASAP!

Were you the one, Nobbie, that got your passport back in only 4 days - interviewed Monday and got your passport on Friday?

Either way it's unbelievable this mess is so hard to sort.

Aside: I wrote in my Embassy review for London last week that my interview was interrupted mid-flow by a woman that showed up who had apparently spoken directly on the phone to the chap behind the counter checking my documents earlier that morning (she knew his name) & had been told to go straight to his counter number (13) to sort her issue out when she arrived - When she had been told by the courier to 'open the package and check the contents' She accidentally opened the interior envelope (she was blonde wink.png) and consequently was at the Embassy to have it resealed. Rather than wondering how she accidentally opened the envelope, I stood there thinking 'How the hell did she talk to this guy directly on the phone???' I wish I had asked now but I'm just repeating the story because there must be SOME way, if she did it.

Good luck.

yes that is me, just when you think it is going well..........

No idea how this woman got to speak directly to them, i have tried to find a way but cannot..

Someone on here wrote how nice it was of them (CBP) to let me have 30 days to sort it out.

No it was not.

The alternative was to send me back to the UK!!

I proposed to CPB that I return the next day with a copy of the I129F and both biometric forms plus a copy of the NOA2 approval (with original if needed) and then they could let me in on the K1. As far a CBP goes that seemed reasonable enough to me. Then I would deal with USCIS regarding the I129F itself.

Just glad i am only 15 mins from airport as I will have to return there to be entered on a K1.

Be a real pain if I was entering there then had a connecting flight onwards.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Someone on here wrote how nice it was of them (CBP) to let me have 30 days to sort it out.

No it was not.

The alternative was to send me back to the UK!!

that was me nobbie but I said it sarcastically with a rolled eyes smiley...sorry for the confusion and for all this hassle. :(

that was me nobbie but I said it sarcastically with a rolled eyes smiley...sorry for the confusion and for all this hassle. sad.png

No problem,

Just a bit fed up with it as is the other guy who had suggested to London that there might be 2 people with the same name when he made enquiries about where his interview letter was.

They told him his passport number did not match the one they had, mainly because they were looking at mine!!!! So this error could have been spotted earlier had they bothered to look properly

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I still can't quite believe how this was allowed to happen,I work in the office for a company that sells car parts and the people who work in the factory check the part number is correct 3 times by 3 different people before it's sent out the door.this is just car parts for heavens sake,you would think they would of had the same kind of method so any mistakes could be spotted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No problem,

Just a bit fed up with it as is the other guy who had suggested to London that there might be 2 people with the same name when he made enquiries about where his interview letter was.

They told him his passport number did not match the one they had, mainly because they were looking at mine!!!! So this error could have been spotted earlier had they bothered to look properly

Fed up, just about sums it up my friend. Luckily been to see a friend of mine this weekend for a few beers and then we are doing a job down in somerset this week, so should take my mind off things for awhile. Everyone I know over here is asking me "what about the other guy". I tell them as frustrating as it is for me, all they have done is screwed up our wedding plans and added to the already lengthy process. We will still proceed with our plans although it will take longer and take place later than we thought. As for the 'other guy' I really feel him and his fiance he got all the way to the end of this part of his journey and should be feeling elated and happy and yet this almighty screw up has ruined that for you,

I have not heard back from anyone yet although speaking through the person on the automated telephone line yesterday morning they said your file is now marked 'escalated' which apparently means its a priority case and someone is looking into it.

The worse bit for me, as well as the waiting, is the not knowing, not knowing how they will deal with it and how long it will take. It wouldn't be so bad if someone from the embassy contacted me, apologized for the error and explained how they will deal with this and how long they anticipate it taking.

Keep your chin up mate and as always I wish you all the best.

Update: after waiting until today I replied to the embassies acknowledgement and got a reply within the hour saying they can confirm my I129F was sent by mail to CBP on 4 Oct. Just got to hope they had the sense to send it to CBP at BWI airport and not some central place where it might get lost.

Another update, have spoken with CBP at BWI airport and am going in to see them and hopefully get stamped in on K1. My stuff should have been delivered to the deferred entry unit there.

I have given them info on the address of US embassy London so hopefully they can send the other couples forms back as they are still here.

London apparently said as this has never happened before they wanted all my stuff back and re issue everything, which would have meant a trip back to the Uk for me and another $1000 plane ticket. Fortunately CPB here said no way otherwise he (me) would have nothing here. Chalk one up for common sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.