nobbie

Kimberley (Salgado?) Steve Reed?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You have no idea, it was pure fluke. I have just rang the number above and spoke with border control in the states. If I can help Noobie I obviously will, I have to phone again in an hour and speak with Officer Hum I just hope London are sympathetic to their mistake and help arrange a quick interview for me. We were so wanting to get married on the 21st this month.

Timeline

Hi Jola, my sympathies go out to you, I know you are currently waiting too. If nothing else (and giving me some comfort at present) is this thought,

'what a great advert for this site'

You have no idea, it was pure fluke. I have just rang the number above and spoke with border control in the states. If I can help Noobie I obviously will, I have to phone again in an hour and speak with Officer Hum I just hope London are sympathetic to their mistake and help arrange a quick interview for me. We were so wanting to get married on the 21st this month.

Officer Hum is the CPB officer who admitted me last night. I have just got back from USCIS office in Baltimore, very helpful, they are going to get my file back from Mesquite and I will go back next week. I think also on my visa there is an alien number which is not mine, so probably is yours, I PM you to see if that is the case, but by the names must be. London must be half asleep when they do this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Jola, my sympathies go out to you, I know you are currently waiting too. If nothing else (and giving me some comfort at present) is this thought,

'what a great advert for this site'

Hey!! Yep still hanging in there waiting it's all I can do but more to the point ,I would think after this huge mistake the embassy should be willing to meet your needs, it's getting in contact with them that is the frustrating part and emergencies like this why it's so senseless there is no phone number to call for the visa unit.

Best of luck to all of u involved ,I hope everything gets sorted asap

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Is there a contact phone number for London so I can ring them in the morning ?

I know if u phone the embassy switchboard number and go through the options you can speak to a operator.as this is a pretty serious matter maybe they would be able to put you through to the visa unit or have someone call you.it may be a long shot but everything worth a try

I know if u phone the embassy switchboard number and go through the options you can speak to a operator.as this is a pretty serious matter maybe they would be able to put you through to the visa unit or have someone call you.it may be a long shot but everything worth a try

Tried that this morning, they are morons. They just say all you can do is email the embassy

Timeline

I've spoke with officer Hum very helpful, she said "they have screwed up" I emailed them at London at this address if anyone has a better address please let me know; weeac_contactus+gb+info+en@visaops.net

Timeline

CBP should notify London there was a mistake on their end. They surely have a hotline for direct contact. If the other envelope has not gone out, they need to retrieve it. And doesn't the file they have at CBP have a hometown and contact info for Kimberly and Steve to find out if they got theirs yet? Why don't they call them? And if they entered POE yet there ought to be a database to find that entry port.

Try speaking to Chief Peters at 410-865-2100 (if you don't already have that contact)

Sending you a PM.

Having spoke with the officer dealing with this in Baltimore she said she will have to find a telephone number on the US embassy London website. I gave her the number i called last week.

Timeline

Is that all she said?

Just got off the phone with her again, as she asked me to ring back after she had a chance to speak with London.

She spoke with London and suggested returning my documents to them and trying to resolve the obvious problems. However London said they have no protocol for dealing with this situation as it has never happened before. She is going to speak with her supervisors and has taken my email to keep me informed. I can only hope that some common sense prevails and this gets sorted out soon for both of us. I will certainly keep you up to date with events.

I really hope you both sort this out without too much stress. I just wanted to say that this thread is amazing and improves my impression of VJ highly. I can't believe you're both here! What are the odds...

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Latest update: Spoke with the UK embassy today via the usual automated number press #**453#@$$&329%$3195## for more information. Did manage to speak with someone and they acknowledged the errors that have been made. I explained to them the situation and the distress there errors have caused to us and the couple in the U.S, I mentioned that even though we both have the same name, there are at least four numbers assigned to us that are different, I have been advised that a supervisor will ring me back today.

No protocol, how hard can it be, just send your stuff back to London and mine to Baltimore, there, protocol sorted. All they gotta do is look in your file and see my I129F, now they know there is an issue they will easily see it is not yours.

I had a reply back from London via their contact form and they too have said they are investigating.

I also went to USCIS in Baltimore yesterday and they are pulling my file from Mesquite Tx where it was approved. hopefully there is a copy of my I129F in there as well.

Timeline

No protocol, how hard can it be, just send your stuff back to London and mine to Baltimore, there, protocol sorted. All they gotta do is look in your file and see my I129F, now they know there is an issue they will easily see it is not yours.

I had a reply back from London via their contact form and they too have said they are investigating.

I also went to USCIS in Baltimore yesterday and they are pulling my file from Mesquite Tx where it was approved. hopefully there is a copy of my I129F in there as well.

I offered the same solution to the lady at Baltimore and to the US embassy today, I obviously added that in light of there errors they should expedite my interview too. I was also gonna suggest they pay for my flight and a 5 star honeymoon all inclusive in Hawaii for me and Kim and the both you but that might just be pushing it.

To be fair to the lady in Baltimore she has inherited this problem caused by London. She suggested the same solution too although at one point she suggested sending the stuff to my fiance in Texas or to me in England. I told her DO NOT DO THAT ! we need those papers back in the hands of the US embassy in LONDON. She saw my point and hopefully will make progress today.

The problem is we are dealing with government bureaucracy the wheels in its cogs are jammed once they come across a problem they didn't for see, even one of their own making. When you consider the both of us have different IVR numbers, Alien Numbers, Case Study Numbers, Passport numbers, EAC receipt numbers, address, hell we even have different fiances (I hope, just check make sure you got the right one, I'm passed trusting them with anything).

Funny thing; I was looking a few weeks back at taking our honeymoon in Washington and flying to Baltimore then we started looking at Vermont in the fall, although that's looking more like a skiing holiday at the moment.

I don't know about you but I am considering a name change. Best of luck if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.