Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2013

418 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would call NVC to enquire...It's almost 4 weeks now.

Hope it gets reviewed soon for you. Good luck!

I call daily twice and all they say "did you submit your ds 260 ?" And im like since th13 of sept" well you have to wait 30 business days"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello Friends,

Below are the docs I prepared for AOS, would you please take a look at the list and advise if I am missing anything?

Thanks,

· Bar-Coded cover sheet from payment portal.

· Completed, signed and dated I-864EZ from the Petitioner.

· Tax transcripts of the Petitioner (All last three years: 2012, 2011, and 2010).

· Employment letter of the Petitioner.

· W-2 from the last three years.

· Pay stubs of the petitioner.

Ø March – September 2013.

Ø One from 2012, 2011 and 2010.

Hello Friends,

Below are the docs I prepared for AOS, would you please take a look at the list and advise if I am missing anything?

Thanks,

· Bar-Coded cover sheet from payment portal.

· Completed, signed and dated I-864EZ from the Petitioner.

· Tax transcripts of the Petitioner (All last three years: 2012, 2011, and 2010).

· Employment letter of the Petitioner.

· W-2 from the last three years.

· Pay stubs of the petitioner.

Ø March – September 2013.

Ø One from 2012, 2011 and 2010.

You don't need to submit W2s if you're submitting tax transcripts (unless you filed jointly on taxes and need to show just your own income). As for the pay stubs, you don't need to send any from 2010-2012. And if your most recent pay stub shows a YTD (year-to-date) amount, then you really only need to send the most recent one.

Timeline

You don't need to submit W2s if you're submitting tax transcripts (unless you filed jointly on taxes and need to show just your own income). As for the pay stubs, you don't need to send any from 2010-2012. And if your most recent pay stub shows a YTD (year-to-date) amount, then you really only need to send the most recent one.

Thanks! Rest of the stuff looks OK? Anything I am missing?

Edited by KP & SP

Thanks! Rest of the stuff looks OK? Anything I am missing?

The rest looks good good.gif A cover letter is optional, but I always find it nice to include as it lists the order of documents. But, it's definitely not needed if you don't want to include it.

I am confused. Do I use I 864 or I 864EZ? What is the difference?

I am applying for my wife in I 130 petition and I work and using my own income to sponsor her.

Thanks

The I-864EZ is a much shorter version of the I-864, thus "EZier". There's 3 criteria though that you need to qualify for before using the form. But, if you do qualify, then I suggest using it, as, like I said, it's easier.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The I-864EZ is a much shorter version of the I-864, thus "EZier". There's 3 criteria though that you need to qualify for before using the form. But, if you do qualify, then I suggest using it, as, like I said, it's easier.

Thank you Saylin.

Timeline

Welp, I said it would happen last month, but it didn't. But I get to say it this month. "A freaking dieu!" I just got my case complete! I had to ask the (very unaffected) girl, "what did you day?" "Really?" It's no joke! Sigh.

Welp, I said it would happen last month, but it didn't. But I get to say it this month. "A freaking dieu!" I just got my case complete! I had to ask the (very unaffected) girl, "what did you day?" "Really?" It's no joke! Sigh.

Woohoo, congrats! kicking.gif

Timeline

Is this going to be a problem?

1. DS-261 was available and was submitted, did not get any confirmation stating they received it.

2. AOS fee bill was generated within an hour after submitting DS-261 and hence paid.

3. Fee was deducted from account on Oct , but the https://ceac.state.gov still shows in process. Paid on Oct 9th, 2013.

4. Since it was paid from my bank I sent in the AOS package yesterday, Oct 10th, 2013. Tentative arrival at NVC is Saturday.

Do you see any problem here?

Statuses for Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT (DS-261)
check.gifAgent/Attorney Name and Address Information: Completed View Edit
FEES
warning.gifAffidavit of Support (AOS) Fees: In Process View
lock.gifIV Application Processing Fees: Not Available Pay
Number of IV Fees: 1 Paid: 0 In Process: 0 Not Paid: 0 Not Applicable: 0
Edited by KP & SP

Is this going to be a problem?

1. DS-261 was available and was submitted, did not get any confirmation stating they received it.

2. AOS fee bill was generated within an hour after submitting DS-261 and hence paid.

3. Fee was deducted from account on Oct , but the https://ceac.state.gov still shows in process. Paid on Oct 9th, 2013.

4. Since it was paid from my bank I sent in the AOS package yesterday, Oct 10th, 2013. Tentative arrival at NVC is Saturday.

Do you see any problem here?

Statuses for Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT (DS-261)
check.gifAgent/Attorney Name and Address Information: Completed View Edit
FEES
warning.gifAffidavit of Support (AOS) Fees: In Process View
lock.gifIV Application Processing Fees: Not Available Pay
Number of IV Fees: 1 Paid: 0 In Process: 0 Not Paid: 0 Not Applicable: 0

1. You won't get any confirmation they received it, not by email anyways. You need to call to find out. But, it states 'completed', so that means it went through fine, so no worries.

2. AOS fee being invoiced has absolutely NOTHING to do with your DS-261 being submitted. The DS-261 is part of the IV track, not the AOS track. Both tracks are independent.

3. It takes a few days for it to process and show up as PAID. If it doesn't show as PAID by today, then it should early next week sometime.

No problems. Everything is fine.

Timeline

I had RFE for DS-260 missing Orginal Doc. on 10-08-2013..so I sent NVC all the orginal doc. today 10-11-13..u guys know how long its gonna take to complete my case..

Timeline

1. You won't get any confirmation they received it, not by email anyways. You need to call to find out. But, it states 'completed', so that means it went through fine, so no worries.

2. AOS fee being invoiced has absolutely NOTHING to do with your DS-261 being submitted. The DS-261 is part of the IV track, not the AOS track. Both tracks are independent.

3. It takes a few days for it to process and show up as PAID. If it doesn't show as PAID by today, then it should early next week sometime.

No problems. Everything is fine.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.