sharaby03

Travelling Help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Okay I'm a 27 year old male whos a United States Citizen, Both parents are United Citizens as well and both parents are orginally from Egypt. I came to Egypt in October 2011 and I've been here ever since. I'm planning on leaving back to the states soon. I know that entering into Egypt you get a 6 month visa stay. Well I broke that. Now I'm hearing that most likely I have to present a Military Clearence Certificate since my roots are Egyptian. My mom gave me the Egyptian Nationality last time I cam to Egypt when I was younger except the full name on it and date of birth is different then my US Passport. My dads original name has been changed when he entered in the US back in the 60's he never came back to Egypt so my mom had to put his original name on my Egyptian Nationality. For example, My name on the US passport is Mostafa Frank XXXX and in my Egyptian ID its Mostafa Fakhr-Eldin XXXX My real date of birth is right on my passport but on my Egyptian ID they made a Mistake and its 2 days off my real birthday. So basically my US Passport and my Egyptian ID Middle name and Birth Date don't quite match. My question is what happens when I go to the airport and most likely the Egyptian Government Officials will ask for my Military Clearance. I will show them it but they will see the middle names don't match and birthdays don't match. Plus theres no possible way of fixing it because my dad needs to be here and hes disabled no way he can come and I tried to get written authorization to fix his name and they wouldn't allow it. What are my options what can I do. I just don't want to book a ticket and find out they want a military clearance ceritficate and then I show them and it shows the middle name and birth date don't match. So confused and annoyed, any help please thanks guys.

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On the off chance, are you their only son? Are you maybe married to a non-Egyptian? I know there are a few situations that make you unable/not required to do military service and those 2 work if they apply to you....I see your ticker says I-30 applied for so you're American also. If you're a dual citizen you're exempt also but that is hard because someone can be a jerk and say you're in Egypt, national of Egypt, follow Egyptian law. You could have multiple exemptions. I would first call the military conscription place (I don't know the real name for them) and explain. You need an exemption certificate. Maybe say you want it for personal records if you sense dealing with a jerk versus leaving the country.

If I were you, I'd act like I never noticed the birthday error to anyone who asks til they point it out. The name you can easily explain, I have friends whose kids have American middle names on their US passports and the father's name as a middle on the Egyptian one so mismatched names happen and I think they know how to somewhat handle it. Ex: one girl is Aisha McKenzie XXX on the US one and Aisha Walid Ahmed XXX on the Egy. one.

Get your exemption, leave using the US passport. Don't volunteer any information unless they ask in the airport and don't show the exemption unless they ask either in the chance they may just let you go. The overstay fee is small and you could probably fix that at the mugamma in Tahrir by showing you have an Egyptian mom and dad and getting a special residence permit good for 3-5yr instead of an actual Egyptian passport. You can PM me and I'll ask my fiance what the exact name of what you need is.

Hope some of this was helpful!

Edited by beccabecca

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Thing is I have a military clearance certificate, except middle name and date of birth dont match. Maybe thinking I should take a new one out with my passport instead of my Egyptian ID this time but I doubt that will work.

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Timeline

Were you born in the US or Egypt? If your place of birth is in the states I would just go to the airport and pay the overstay fee and leave. I've seen people re-enter Egypt on expired visas so they don't look too hard at that part. Don't show anything about any national ID and just pass by security and speak English only.

If you're born in Egypt you might want to think of getting an Egyptian passport to go with that ID, both with the correct birth date and re-do your certificate with the proper DOB at least and then if they ask, show those. Like I said I don't think the name will be an issue. It appears to be common among Egyptian-Americans.

Edited by beccabecca

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Yea I was born in the states. I was told if I passed the 6 month stay most likely they are able to request a Military Clearance. My first name is Mostafa and I look Egyptian. I heard it's possible they will say im my orgin is Egyptian. About getting an Egyptian Passport, That's very easy and I can do that and leave with it actually but I have two questions.. first won't they ask me wheres my Visa to the United states and secondly if they don't ask that question... Upon entering into the United States, won't the United States look for an exit stamp on the US Passport?? and when they don't see one they will wonder where I came from and not let me in, and if I show them the Egyptian Passport isn't possible they say thats a different person??? I appreciate your help, your answers are very informative thanks.

EDIT: P.S. I know at the plane it self right before entering it, they have an extra security guy after you go through the main ones standing there checking the Passports, I'm afraid he or she will cause a problem as I've seen it before with someone else.

Edited by sharaby03

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

first won't they ask me wheres my Visa to the United states and secondly if they don't ask that question... Upon entering into the United States, won't the United States look for an exit stamp on the US Passport?? and when they don't see one they will wonder where I came from and not let me in, and if I show them the Egyptian Passport isn't possible they say thats a different person??? I appreciate your help, your answers are very informative thanks.

You are a dual national. You can just say, it's on the other passport. (but I guess your issue is that the information doesn't match?) They will probably understand that sometimes names are different. Not sure about the birthdays. I think the previous poster's suggestion was to get the information corrected when you get the Egyptian passport? Plus, the U.S. will always let its citizens enter the U.S.; you do not have to answer their questions.

Timeline

Yea I was born in the states. I was told if I passed the 6 month stay most likely they are able to request a Military Clearance. My first name is Mostafa and I look Egyptian. I heard it's possible they will say im my orgin is Egyptian. About getting an Egyptian Passport, That's very easy and I can do that and leave with it actually but I have two questions.. first won't they ask me wheres my Visa to the United states and secondly if they don't ask that question... Upon entering into the United States, won't the United States look for an exit stamp on the US Passport?? and when they don't see one they will wonder where I came from and not let me in, and if I show them the Egyptian Passport isn't possible they say thats a different person??? I appreciate your help, your answers are very informative thanks.

EDIT: P.S. I know at the plane it self right before entering it, they have an extra security guy after you go through the main ones standing there checking the Passports, I'm afraid he or she will cause a problem as I've seen it before with someone else.

US customs knows all about people travelling on 2 passports, it is sooooo common especially for avoiding getting visas ;) I'd tell them this when you show at customs, and get the corrected Egy. passport with the DOB fixed to show them. Don't sweat over exit stamps, show them the stamp on the Egy. passport to exit. You can ask for both to be enter-stamped in the US but if its busy they wont bother. US always lets a US passport holder back in, that is the least of your worries.

That extra security guy is making sure you aren't sneaking drugs or antiquities. He was more interested in my bakhoor I had in my bag than anything passport-wise.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.