Ta Ta

Need your prayers please...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

My fiance left the 8. with puplic ground transportation from his country, Sierra Leone,

through Guinea to reach Dakar, Senegal for the Dec. 14 interview.

No K1 visa will be processed in his country.

He assured me he will call me immediatly upon morning arrival today.

I have not heard from him, neither has our pastor friend from Dakar who will help him

around the city.

I am sick with worry !

It is tough traveling there and I really need your prayers.

He is supposed to be settled in and getting the medical. I don't know where he is right now.

I hope he is safe :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Omoba,

maybe there was some kind of delay with the transportation, or he's having some kind of problem trying to comunicate with you. I hope that when he finally contacts you, you two laugh about some silly, funny thing that delayed him.

(F)

Edited by JaJo

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline

His cell phone won't have coverage there but he said he will call from the nearest phone booth as soon as he gets there in the morning....it is evening there now.

I don't know how I will get through the day at work today.

My job as a massage therapist is to relieve my clients of stress......I guess they all get a deep tissue treatment today.........and I will need one myself !

I am so glad when this is all over with.

I hope he just is sleeping somewhere exhausted from the 3 day trip but when he says

he calls .....he calls reliably.

Last time I talked to him he was near the border of Guinea on Thursday.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi there-

Take a deep breath...it will be Ok. You will hear from him soon.

Many reasons why you may not have heard-pehaps no pay phone or line to phone you-or he was simply unable to place the call due to time constraints during his travel.

Don't worry. It'll be OK. He WILL phone.

I am a therapist too. Skip the deep tissues today and just go with swedish for your patients-too much physical/emotional energy that you will have to put forth, with DT, and today just may not be a good day to do that...and get treated yourself today if possible. : )

Best Wishes & Do Not Fear !

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

I wish I had the right words to ease your mind. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

You know, a while back my fiance went on this awesome trip for his birthday... but I was worried about him anyway and asked him to call me when he arrived. He intended to, but was so tired from the trip that he fell asleep while trying to dial his cell phone. Boy did I freak out! We were able to laugh about it later, though.

I know this isn't the same as Africa, but at least it gives you some proof that it could be something little and harmless that's keeping him from calling you. (F) Calm down, and do anything you can to distract your mind. It could very well be something simple and harmless that's delayed him. :)

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Nice to find another massage therapist here......thanks.

Still no calls or email.

Two more days until the interview......... :unsure: I keep having to remind myself

' this is Africa '.

Hope to hear from him tomorrow. I can't believe this ! :crying:

Early in our relationship, my now fiance traveled from her home back to her province to visit with her family. What was supposed to be a couple of days turned into a week or so of not hearing from her. I was sick with worry, and worse, a ferry boat on the route she was taking had capsized with many lives lost shortly after she left on her trip... Such is life in the Philippines. I was sweating bullets until I heard from her. When I finally did, it was a huge relief and I sincerely hope that turns out to be the case for you as well.

Hang in there, it is indeed Africa, and he is a native, so don't worry too much, it is probably just a simple issue of not finding a phone. (F)

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Another day and night without a call. I checked the map areas and the terrain is extremely

rough. I think the problem is that it is taking much longer

to reach Dakar than expected.

The road conditions are insane, what was he thinking !

The way it appears now there is no way he will make it in time for the interview on

Thursday. I don't know if I should email the consular and let them know he may not arrive in time or just leave it alone.....I don't want them to think he abandoned the interview appointment .......I will wait until tomorrow to decide but would like some input, obviuosly

he is not in the position to call them if he thinks he will not make it.

So what should I email to the consular ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi...

Just allow for a bit more time before deciding. The worst thing would be if you e-mailed them and he did arrive there...

I know you are probably full of anxiety at the moment, but you should remember to breathe, and take it hour by hour-today is a new day and many things will occur in the course of it.

I would wait it out some more, and just let things fall into the places they will.

If you must contact the consular, do it by phone, so you can actually speak with a human being-and back it up with an e-mail for a hard copy. Make sure to include in your correspondence that this is a simply a follow up to your call. Include the time you phoned and with whom you spoke with on the phone and their position at the consular.

Good luck...and fingers crossed for you that you will hear from him today, and that he has made it far in his travels.

: )

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Have you been ale to get sleep at all honey? I think you are right about the roads. I have been on west African roads where the bus could not go any faster than 10 MPH for hours. It is just taking a little longer than expected.

If you inform the consulate and let them know the situation, do you think they will allow him to reschedule once he arrives? Is it necessary for them to know as soon as possible the situation? Can;t he have the interview without the medical being done and approval and be based on the results of the medical arriving and being clear?

What advice from your Pastor friend in Dakar have you gotten?

Hold on a little longer. I'm sure the right answer will come to you.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Have you been ale to get sleep at all honey? I think you are right about the roads. I have been on west African roads where the bus could not go any faster than 10 MPH for hours. It is just taking a little longer than expected.

If you inform the consulate and let them know the situation, do you think they will allow him to reschedule once he arrives? Is it necessary for them to know as soon as possible the situation? Can;t he have the interview without the medical being done and approval and be based on the results of the medical arriving and being clear?

What advice from your Pastor friend in Dakar have you gotten?

Hold on a little longer. I'm sure the right answer will come to you.

Yes, I think there will be no problem to go to the interview without having the medical

completed in this case........I am sure they will keep the visa approval pending the results

a few days after.

I don't know if I even am able to reach the consulate by phone, he had to purchase an embassy phone card to make the appointment.

Email usualy is not read right away.

I will wait until the last possible minute hoping he will make it. Thursday 8 am.

But I think it will be better to inform them that there may be a travel delay problem

and that he MAY not make it in time just so they won't consider it abandoned.

I will try to call and follow up with email as suggested, thank you all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you hear very soon from your fiance. A few years ago a friend's son was travelling through India on his own and was supposed to check in with his family every week. He missed one week and then the next and the family was frantic. They got in touch with Foreign Affairs to help locate him - and they did - travelling through a very remote, very poor area. He hadn't been able to find a phone where he could make a long distance call. He was fine. I am sure your fiance is probably having similar problems and you will hear soon. I hope everything goes well for his interview and that you won't have to worry about him missing it anymore. Hang in there.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.