typo808

Accompanying fiancée during interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha to all!

First I want to thank everyone who has contributed to VJ. The wealth of knowledge in information and experience has been very valuable to us. It has helped us get to this point in the process: the interview.

Question: due to my work and dad getting very sick. I am having a strong challenge making it to my fiancée's interview. In all of your experiences, if I can't make it to be with my honey for her interview, how much does this lower our chances for approval? Our petition is very complete, she has all the information (and then some) of contacting, conversations, tickets stubs, gags of pictures and a i129f built exactly to VJ specs. My finances are strong enough to not need a sponsor, etc.

I could really use insight in this.

Mahalo everyone! Aloha!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not mandatory for the petitioner to be there at the interview.... unless you have major red flags.

Your fiancee should be fine on her own. good.gif

Timeline

Apple21, thanks for the instant reply! Wow, feels like a load off my shoulders knowing if I can't make it, it doesn't hurt. Of course, I am doing whatever I can do be there!!

Mahalo again!!

Edited by typo808

Timeline

She will be fine :) My interview is on Oct 15 with 2 VJ girls :D

Goodluck to all of us!

Feb. 2013 - First conversation ( we met through a friend )
Mar 26, 2013 - First meeting in person, Manila
April 06, 2013 - He went back to US
April 15, 2013 - I-129F sent to USCIS
April 17, 2013 - I-129F delivered
April 19, 2013 - NOA1
April 23, 2013 - Alien Registration Number was changed
June 17, 2013 - Second Visit
July 31,2013 - RFE
August 06, 2013 - Return to US
August 08, 2013 - RFE reply sent. ( next day delivery service)
August 09, 2013 - RFE response received
August 13, 2013- APPROVED!
12nn - Received an email from Representative Staff that our petition is approved already. ( w/ email from USCIS officer )
8pm - Received email confirmation about the approval & Online Status Updated.
August 14,2013- got my BC & Cenomar ( waited 5mins for BC & almost 1 1/2hr for Cenomar)
August 15, 2013 - got my NBI ( total processing time from step 1 to releasing 1 1/2hrs)
August 23,2013 - CFO Attended, Got GCC. Sticker to follow.
Sep 18, 2013 - Got MNL Case # via Phone & Paid Visa Fee @ BPI
Sept 23, 2013 - Medical PASSED - 1 Day Only

Sep 24, 2013 - Case status " READY"
Oct 07, 2013 - Interview - APPROVED
Oct 08,2013 - Status changed AP then ISSUED

Oct 10, 2013 - Status @ 2go site - HOLD for Pick up

Oct. 16, 2013 - US Entry @ LAX

Oct. 18, 2013 - Printed I-94

Oct. 29,2013 - Applied Marriage License & SSN
Nov. 25, 2013 - Wedding @ San Diego

s-event.png <p>

s-event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

When I was there with my fiance at her interview, I had to swear "I do" at the American consul when she asked to tell the truth. Before that time, I watched as other interviewees went to the interview. The American consul would be asking a lot of questions. To put it into perspective, We spent about 3 minutes at the american window while others were even longer. The questions were a lot of where, why, how, what, and when. I suppose that if your fiance knows a lot about you then she will spend some time answering questions. That was just my observation but it may have been eavesdropping but it wasn't my intent. We sat there in front of the interview windows and we could hear the questions being asked.

I mean, there were even families, being interviewed. Those were the longest because of the myriad of questions. As far as your fiance, use visajourney to look for questions being asked at the interview. Use google as well. If you really can't be there, then knowing the answers to ALL questions will be immense.

Shoots then!

Timeline

Can't hurt, but not necessary. My fiancee's brother waited outside with her things, since I couldn't make it. She passed!

At the CFO I was left out and made to wait outside. Eventually my fiancee told me to wait at the hotel room since they didn't need me.

I guess save your money! I was glad though, to be there for the CFO to fly together. Happy times!

Aloha to all!

First I want to thank everyone who has contributed to VJ. The wealth of knowledge in information and experience has been very valuable to us. It has helped us get to this point in the process: the interview.

Question: due to my work and dad getting very sick. I am having a strong challenge making it to my fiancée's interview. In all of your experiences, if I can't make it to be with my honey for her interview, how much does this lower our chances for approval? Our petition is very complete, she has all the information (and then some) of contacting, conversations, tickets stubs, gags of pictures and a i129f built exactly to VJ specs. My finances are strong enough to not need a sponsor, etc.

Mahalo everyone! Aloha!

As someone who is about to file removal of conditions and who has been in the game 3 years +

Here is my honest opinion and it's just that, I don't mean to knock anyone who chooses to go. in fact my wife and I were talking about it yesterday

I think flying to the PI just to go to the interview is the single biggest waste of time and money ever.I do not know of one single case in which they had a real relationship, had all the necessary paper work, Cenomar, Clearance etc and the petitioner made enough to support her, that has been denied EVER.

Unless you try to hide something, like a previous marriage or are trying some kind of scam and the petitioners finances are in order it will be approved. USEM does not just decide, oh well they just did not convince me..You have to give them a reason.. Also carrying a suitcase full of chat records and 100 pictures is a waste of time.They don't have time to look at all that stuff. I think my wife spent about 2 mins in her interview.

As to going to the interview.My wife said last night, as busy as it was, she was glad she did not have to baby sit me also. LOL..Really it makes zero difference and you are going to be seeing her in a few weeks anyway. Save that money for when she gets here.

I know it's a mans natural instinct to want to prove his devotion but it's just so not needed..

Having said that when i was going thru it of course i thought it was much more of a big deal than i do know..Think of it as more of an Admin action in which they will check all your paper work than an interview, because that is what it really is

IMHO, I am going to the interview as I both want to see the process, it's important to my fiancée and a person that I am working with from another blog who has 15 years and over 400 cases that he has help others on and he stated that I am there it's less likely that she and the kids will be grilled and it becomes more an "admin" process.

So if all your paperwork is in order, and your life has not been complicated with other petitions, marriages and divorces and financial concerns I think she will be fine without you.

We have our interview on Oct 22 and I leave this week to spend 3 weeks there with her and her extended family.

Good luck to all on their journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha to all!

Mahalo everyone! Aloha!

Lowering chances of approval? Not at all, as long as you have evidence of a real ongoing relationship the interview is a breeze. No worries.

Big thing at the interview is your fiancee being self-assured, confident, smiles and looks 'em in the eyes when speaking to the CO. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

As someone who is about to file removal of conditions and who has been in the game 3 years +

Here is my honest opinion and it's just that, I don't mean to knock anyone who chooses to go. in fact my wife and I were talking about it yesterday

I think flying to the PI just to go to the interview is the single biggest waste of time and money ever.

good.gif +10

We couldn't be together, and she did just fine. Did I WANT to be there? Yes. But couldn't. Now, if you have scheduled a vacation over there at the same time as the interview, and you would have gone this year anyway, no reason to NOT go with. But if money is tight, or time, then going has zero benefit on the VJ process.

Aloha to all!

Mahalo everyone! Aloha!

If everything is complete and in order, and she can answer all questions asked about you, and there are no red flags, then she should be fine. Being there with her just makes the process go much smoother and quicker, allowing her to relax. I went with my fiance, and we were only asked a few questions (about my previous visits and our engagement, one about my job, and that was it). No pictures or proof was asked for and the whole thing lasted 2 minutes. Nobody there even asked to see my passport. biggrin.png

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

No worries bra, you stay good and she goin be he already. Jus get used to be hanging out in Waipahu, and eating choke Filipino food now, if you no stay kau kau that already. I think you should worry more if the bows goin win one game.

Shoots from Kauai

If everything is complete and in order, and she can answer all questions asked about you, and there are no red flags, then she should be fine. Being there with her just makes the process go much smoother and quicker, allowing her to relax. I went with my fiance, and we were only asked a few questions (about my previous visits and our engagement, one about my job, and that was it). No pictures or proof was asked for and the whole thing lasted 2 minutes. Nobody there even asked to see my passport. biggrin.png

Two mins is about standard regardless if you go our not

How was your trip ? Did your bag get there ok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.