mrsushi66

The definition of Frustration....

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You telling me you have never held back something from a loved one until you knew all the facts or had more information?
My life isn't so interesting. There isn't that much to say about it. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

AKDiver - aren't you the one who made up that whole story about your fiance and how she was a bank robber and was wanted by the FBI??

Did you tell her about that little prank??

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

If I understand this correctly, you've already been approved and sent to the NVC. If you have a case number from NVC, then I would suggest you write the U.S. embassy visa control section. Explain to them in great detail what you have received in the mail and that it appears to be an error by the USCIS. Tell them you and your fiancee are still intending to marry and that neither of you filed to withdraw. Include the case number in your email.

Don't expect the USCIS 800 number people to get back to you in a timely fashion. You are probably correct in that it was a key punching error. When they finally got around to updating the case file on their web site for my case they listed the wrong date of approval. Remember, the people at USCIS are not highly intelligent people.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Don't expect the USCIS 800 number people to get back to you in a timely fashion. You are probably correct in that it was a key punching error. When they finally got around to updating the case file on their web site for my case they listed the wrong date of approval. Remember, the people at USCIS are not highly intelligent people.

I would strongly encourage you to follow up on this in writing. Telephone calls do not leave a paper trail, it would be much better that your inquiry be added to the case.

I would think sending a letter referencing the case to Moscow, stating that you have not withdrawn your petition, would be a good idea. I would also send it to the NVC in NH to be safe as well.

It would also be wise to consult an attorney at this point.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
AKDiver - aren't you the one who made up that whole story about your fiance and how she was a bank robber and was wanted by the FBI??Did you tell her about that little prank??
Of course I did, on both counts. Besides, she was sitting right next to me as I typed it.

But nice try. (:

I would strongly encourage you to follow up on this in writing. Telephone calls do not leave a paper trail, it would be much better that your inquiry be added to the case. I would think sending a letter referencing the case to Moscow, stating that you have not withdrawn your petition, would be a good idea. I would also send it to the NVC in NH to be safe as well.It would also be wise to consult an attorney at this point.
This is all good advice, and I agree. I would also add that you should send an e-mail to the embassy as a start, and let them know what happened, etc. etc. My experience has been they are very quick to answer e-mail, but of course, there is no way of knowing who is actually answering, someone with a clue, or just an email monkey.

Good luck!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why not just act as if nothing has happened?

Have your fiancee show up to the interview like there was no notice received by you. After all, if you didn't tell her about it.... does she even know?

And if she doesn't know, how the hell is the embassy gonna know?

I'd start by asking her. Then, I'd have her call the embassy to confirm that her interview date is still a go. Then, have her go, get the visa, then start a whole new paperwork nightmare called AOS.

Good luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Why not just act as if nothing has happened?

Have your fiancee show up to the interview like there was no notice received by you. After all, if you didn't tell her about it.... does she even know?

And if she doesn't know, how the hell is the embassy gonna know?

I'd start by asking her. Then, I'd have her call the embassy to confirm that her interview date is still a go. Then, have her go, get the visa, then start a whole new paperwork nightmare called AOS.

Good luck!

Because while I do not agree with AK on when to tell I agree that she has a right to know. Simple fact is if I act like nothing has happened and it comes back to bite us later she will be very upset that I did not inform her, rightfully so in my opinion.

So I have written up some letters and will send them off to USCIS and NVC, possibly Moscow. Notarized and saying I did not submit such a request and well as another statement of intent to marry Anna within the 90 day K-1 visa period.

Paul Misses Anna

Timeline

All is well.

Officer Simon is top notch. She explained in detail what happened. She requested California send me another notice saying all is well in visa land. She talked me down from the ledge.

I had not sent the letters yet and she said it was probably better that I didn't cause it might muddy already murky waters.

She cleared up in 5 minutes what 4 other officers could not in 4 days. Persistance pays.

She gave me an email address for complaints. it is uscis-complaint@dhs.gov

I asked her if there were an email for praises so the good ones like her can be rewarded and she said sadly not but gave me the snail mail address.

Paul Misses Anna

Edited by mrsushi66

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I have written up some letters and will send them off to USCIS and NVC, possibly Moscow. Notarized and saying I did not submit such a request and well as another statement of intent to marry Anna within the 90 day K-1 visa period.
This is a great idea, however, I still think it would be stronger if you both submit letters of continued intent to get married and statements that neither of you asked for a withdrawal.

Timeline
This is a great idea, however, I still think it would be stronger if you both submit letters of continued intent to get married and statements that neither of you asked for a withdrawal.

I would agree - at the very least, have these letters at the interview to be safe.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
People make these sorts of observations and assumptions based on their own past experience since there is no way for you to know me or my current relationship or they are extremely cynical. Either way I feel sorry for you.
I actually made this observation after reading the following thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37104

It does not concern either one of us, but it was an example of a sudden change of heart. I agree with you about the cynical part, but we do have a few cases of love troubles here on the site. That is where I draw my conclusions from.

As for me, I was only 21 when I met my fiancée, so age wise it was impossible for me to have "many" relationships that went sour. I am also a native speaker and share the same culture so many issues that fellow Russian VJers run into weren't issues for us.

Also my take on the USCIS is that they hardly ever move. So for them to generate a withdrawal notice takes some movement on somebody's part. And they do make a lot of errors, but this is one odd error. Asking your fiancée if she had anything to do with this does not show lack of trust. It is simply going through the processes of elimination as to what triggered the "wrongful" notice.

Ok we obviously have differnt points of view. Anna and I email/talk on a regular basis and she has not given me reason to think she has had a change of heart. So to ask her this question in my opinion is to question her honesty with me thus far and something I am not going to do. All of your replies have never even hinted or asked me if I have recogized any signs that she has had a change of heart, you simply suggest I ask, again assuming I would not recognize signs that would percipitate such a situation. This is where you and I differ, I trust people until they give me a reason not to, you appear to want me to question her trust with no provocation. That I will not do. Call me an idealist call me silly but I truly believe you can't build a lasting relationship on doubt and suspision. Lets just agree that we have different approaches in this situation.

I know this is a futile observation, but here goes:

1. Congratulations on having resolved this issue on your own. This is good news.

2. You solicited this board's advice. Nobody forced it on you. Nobody made derogatory remarks about you or your fiance. Biting at the free and LOGICAL advice offered is poor form. If you don't want to hear plausible alternatives that do not happen to coincide with what you want to hear, it is insulting to those that take time to think about your problem sincerely and answer. I have tremendous respect for all who particpate on this board, and would not think of jumping on somebody, putting their opinion down, and acting superior -- especially when the person is just trying to help.

2 cents of thought that are spent just to help you continue to get good help. Rather than reacting negatively to this constructively-meant criticism, I encourage you to take it to heart. You will get better help by not bashing your helpers.

Timeline
People make these sorts of observations and assumptions based on their own past experience since there is no way for you to know me or my current relationship or they are extremely cynical. Either way I feel sorry for you.
I actually made this observation after reading the following thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37104

It does not concern either one of us, but it was an example of a sudden change of heart. I agree with you about the cynical part, but we do have a few cases of love troubles here on the site. That is where I draw my conclusions from.

As for me, I was only 21 when I met my fiancée, so age wise it was impossible for me to have "many" relationships that went sour. I am also a native speaker and share the same culture so many issues that fellow Russian VJers run into weren't issues for us.

Also my take on the USCIS is that they hardly ever move. So for them to generate a withdrawal notice takes some movement on somebody's part. And they do make a lot of errors, but this is one odd error. Asking your fiancée if she had anything to do with this does not show lack of trust. It is simply going through the processes of elimination as to what triggered the "wrongful" notice.

Ok we obviously have differnt points of view. Anna and I email/talk on a regular basis and she has not given me reason to think she has had a change of heart. So to ask her this question in my opinion is to question her honesty with me thus far and something I am not going to do. All of your replies have never even hinted or asked me if I have recogized any signs that she has had a change of heart, you simply suggest I ask, again assuming I would not recognize signs that would percipitate such a situation. This is where you and I differ, I trust people until they give me a reason not to, you appear to want me to question her trust with no provocation. That I will not do. Call me an idealist call me silly but I truly believe you can't build a lasting relationship on doubt and suspision. Lets just agree that we have different approaches in this situation.

I know this is a futile observation, but here goes:

1. Congratulations on having resolved this issue on your own. This is good news.

2. You solicited this board's advice. Nobody forced it on you. Nobody made derogatory remarks about you or your fiance. Biting at the free and LOGICAL advice offered is poor form. If you don't want to hear plausible alternatives that do not happen to coincide with what you want to hear, it is insulting to those that take time to think about your problem sincerely and answer. I have tremendous respect for all who particpate on this board, and would not think of jumping on somebody, putting their opinion down, and acting superior -- especially when the person is just trying to help.

2 cents of thought that are spent just to help you continue to get good help. Rather than reacting negatively to this constructively-meant criticism, I encourage you to take it to heart. You will get better help by not bashing your helpers.

Your right it was futile observation. Why? Because I do feel it is an insult for someone to suggest that I question my fiancee. If there is one thing I have learned about ANNA (notice I said Anna not RW) is that she is very forthright and honest. All too often I have run across people bitter about this or bitter about that and they use that to formulate responses to other people, and I am sympathetic to this in people. Not sure when sympathy or feeling sorry for someone became and insult and I can't control how someone is going read or interpret my post. My suggestion, don't like me, don't like my posts dont read or respond to them.

Also I think these guys have been around long enough to set me straight if I piss them off not sure they want or need you trying to be their knight in shinning armor but hey do if it makes you happy. Consider this dragon dead. I won't continue this topic after this post.

BTW I was venting I didnt actually soliciate advice, you can argue that is implied and I would agree but there is nothing that says when someone writes something I find disrespectful that I can't voice my opinion. I dont think I am any better or worse than any one here.

Take me as I am or put me on ignore, you have the power.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
All is well.

Officer Simon is top notch. She explained in detail what happened. She requested California send me another notice saying all is well in visa land. She talked me down from the ledge.

I had not sent the letters yet and she said it was probably better that I didn't cause it might muddy already murky waters.

She cleared up in 5 minutes what 4 other officers could not in 4 days. Persistance pays.

I asked her if there were an email for praises so the good ones like her can be rewarded and she said sadly not but gave me the snail mail address.

Paul Misses Anna

That's great news - congrats on getting it straightened out. BTW, who is Officer Simon and how did you find her? That email address for complaints is great.

Timeline

I want to add my voice to those who are saying to continue the process as if this never happened. Look into it of course, but don't make too many waves as it is harder for them to take away the visa once issued.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
All is well.

Paul Misses Anna

That's great news - congrats on getting it straightened out. BTW, who is Officer Simon and how did you find her? That email address for complaints is great.

Luck of the call queue. I have become very familar with the USCIS help line as of late. Here is how it works per my experience.

You call the 1800375... and get the first line of support. Once you prove they cannot help you they transfer you to a pool of second teir support, message say be prepared to wait 25 to 30 min but of the 4 times I had this happen each time was 60 to 70 min. My guess is the second teir are more in line with case workers and actually refer to themselves as officers. Implies to me that they have case work experience and in the end officer simon proved to me that she had computer access to my case. Now, when I was working with officer Viscarra (cali office) she took 4 days called me once with no real progress and never once left a way for me to contact her. My guess is officer simon would have been more ambitious to call me back but probably would not have been allowed to give me any direct contact information.

I had called the USCIS every night for 3 nights after waiting to hear back from officer Vizcarra, she said she would call me that night or the next day and neither happened. Since I had no direct way to talk to the person who was working on my problem I got a different officer each night, one officer actually said he talked to officer Vizcarra but she was in a meeting and she would call me back after the meeting. I told him I would be leaving from work and give me 30 min to get home before she called. I got home there was an annoymous call on my Caller ID (no message) time stamped 5 minutes after I left work. Got into work the next day and had a voice mail time stamped 2 mintues after my caller id entry at home from officer Vizcarra, make of it what you will.

Some observations, you can uniquely identify anyone in teir 1 support by the id number they give you. This is not the case when you are transfered to teir 2, you just get officer <last name> and believe even if you think that is unique enough it isnt. The fact that you have a specific problem that you are working on with a specific officer yet you have no way to contact them seems odd to me.

Edited by mrsushi66

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.