sabinucsb

When do I disclose that my Fiance overstayed?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So, you report any post that gives you advice you don't like?

If you love her, go to her. That is EXCELLENT advice for true love.

As for all the advice of how to fix an overstay...that is pretty good advice, too, for people who broke the rules.

It is a good idea with USCIS to NOT BREAK THE RULES because you will be questioned about that.

Good luck, I mean it.

"Ecky mecky Moana Loa hai karate"

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

So, you report any post that gives you advice you don't like?

If you love her, go to her. That is EXCELLENT advice for true love.

As for all the advice of how to fix an overstay...that is pretty good advice, too, for people who broke the rules.

It is a good idea with USCIS to NOT BREAK THE RULES because you will be questioned about that.

Good luck, I mean it.

"Ecky mecky Moana Loa hai karate"

verysadguy,

I thought your initial post was spot-on.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

verysadguy,

I thought your initial post was spot-on.

Aloha Ke Akua

Thanks D&Z.

I would climb any mountain?

I would swim across any river?

I'd write a song, a poem?

Love conquers all. I'm a hopeless romantic, but I do follow the rules. Bending them is likely to get oneself in hot water. Hope the OP here catches a lucky break.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In this case the case appears conventional, nothing to worry about.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

4 posts removed that are off topic. please confine your posts to constructive advice for the op, not a discussion about yourself.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was in the same situation. Overstayed for 8 months (that is on top of my 6 months), so I was in the states for 14 months. I got a 3 year ban.
I needed to get a i-192 waiver of inadmissibility first. After 7 months of waiting for the waiver I enter the states, still having to prove STRONG ties to canada. Rental agreement, letters from employers, visa/bank statements. This is when I received the I-94 card. I've been in the states 3 times now since getting my waiver and they always give me a I-94, and usually for a couple of months. They will not grant me the regular 6 month visitor visa like most other canadians get.

After I got my waiver my fiance applied for the K1 visa. In the initial application, we included my waiver and a letter from me apologizing for my overstay. It is best to tell them everything in the beginning. Our application was approved and now we are waiting for the interview.

From my experience I've had different CBP officers tell me different things. I would advise you seeking advice from a lawyer. I used http://www.usborderlaw.com/attorneys.html

It is a long and expensive process. It has been a year since I filled for the I-192 waiver, but I'm expecting my K-1 interview in a couple of months.

Another thing you can do is apply for the I-192 waiver, get married, and then apply for the K3 visa.

hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi,

I'm in the exact same situation. Took a year off work to go back and forth to see where this relationship goes. Well he proposed and we were going to get married but I had to come back as I have family visiting and wanted to tell my family in person that I was engaged. When I left to go to the US I was denied at POE and got finger printed and took a picture of me too. (like is that necessary? I'm not a criminal) was told I may enter when I have the proper documents. the customs officer never told me I was banned for any amount of years. I also signed a form stating I won't appeal? I was too in shocked to recall what I signed. He also never gave me paper to keep. Apparently, I overstayed by 3 months but I was honest and didn't know there was such thing as a total of 180days only. I just got my case number today from the NVC. now what next? do I call the embassy to see if they've received it? or just wait for my package and fill out the DS-160?

thanks!

hi,

I'm in the exact same situation. Took a year off work to go back and forth to see where this relationship goes. Well he proposed and we were going to get married but I had to come back as I have family visiting and wanted to tell my family in person that I was engaged. When I left to go to the US I was denied at POE and got finger printed and took a picture of me too. (like is that necessary? I'm not a criminal) was told I may enter when I have the proper documents. the customs officer never told me I was banned for any amount of years. I also signed a form stating I won't appeal? I was too in shocked to recall what I signed. He also never gave me paper to keep. Apparently, I overstayed by 3 months but I was honest and didn't know there was such thing as a total of 180days only. I just got my case number today from the NVC. now what next? do I call the embassy to see if they've received it? or just wait for my package and fill out the DS-160?

thanks!

Like, yes it was necessary. How do we know you're not a criminal? Oh I see, we should just take your word for it? We want you in our database. You were in and out of the country illegally. Over-stayed... I think that might just constitute a criminal act. Perhaps you are a criminal? At least we have your fingerprints and photograph now so we can keep an eye on your possible illegal activities.

Edited by David & Zoila

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.