Alex & Stela

Embassy in Rio de Janeiro - No Packet 3?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, please move it if it is.

After reading the embassy information here on VisaJourney, it seems that the Embassy in Rio de Janeiro no longer sends packet 3. Once they receive your petition, they just send you a letter with an interview date and you are to bring all the required documents on the day of the interview.

Can somebody verify for me that this is correct? I normally trust things like this, but after reading things about people not receiving Packet 3 etc. I don't want to take any chances, you know?

If this is correct, I'm assuming my correct course of action is to call the NVC in a week or so (my NOA2 was the 17th) to get my case # and to track where it is, although perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, unnecessary because Rio will just send me a letter once they get an process it anyway. It'd be more just for peace of mind.

Any information from those who have gone through it is much appreciated.

Desculpe-me se este tópico está no fórum incorreta.

Depois de ler a informação aqui neste site, parece que o Rio não manda mais o pacote 3. Quando a Embaixada receber sua petiçào, só te manda uma carta com a data da entrevista e você tem que trazer os documentos no dia da entrevista.

É verdade? Normalmente eu confio neste site, mas depois de ler coisas sobre pessoas que não receberam o pacote 3, quero ter certeza.

Se isso é verdade, eu devo ligar para o NVC daqui uma semana para pedir meu numero de caso.

Isso vai me notificar quando a petição chega, apesar de eu ainda vai receber uma carta em todo caso.

Paz de espirito, né?

'brigado, gente. Abraços.

Por favor, desculpem meus erros de português.

Alex(US) & Stela(Brazil)

I-129F Packet Sent - 06/19/2013

I-129F Packet Delivered to Dallas Box - 06/21/2013

NOA1 Electronic Notice, Packet to VSC - 06/25/2013

USCIS Check Cashed - 06/26/2013

Received Hard Copy NOA1 - 6/28/2013

Notification of Case Transfer to TSC - 08/09/2013

Received Hard Copy of Case Transfer to TSC - 08/14/2013

Electronic Notification of NOA2 - 9/17/2013 - 85 days!

Electronic Notification of Shipment to NVC - 9/18/2013

Hard Copy NOA-2 (I-797) - 9/21/2013

NVC Received - 9/25/2013

NVC Shipped - 10/1/2013

Received at Embassy in Rio de Janeiro - 10/8/2013

Beneficiary Received Instructions & Interview Date - 10/15/2013

Going to visit for the interview!!! - 12/7/2013

Interview at Rio de Janeiro!!! - 12/10/2013

Coming back to the U.S. with my baby to get married!!! - 12/30/2013

Time to K-1 Petition Approval - 85 days

Time from Petition to Interview - 168 days

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

For Moscow I just received an invitation letter with a link to pay for/schedule the interview and a link to all the needed documents. There was no packet.

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

-Abraham Lincoln.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, you're right, Rio doesn't send packet 3 anymore. If you can get your case number from NVC, you can wait a couple of weeks and then email the consulate in Rio asking them the date of your interview. In any case, your fiancée will eventually receive a letter from them with the interview date and the list of required documents.

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum- topic specific to Brazil ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.