FlyCal

MTL interview scheduling

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Just waiting for my interview date to be sent from the NVC and I was wondering how far in advance they usually schedule, and how long it usually takes to the the date from case complete??? My completion date was Sept 17th.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Timeline

Hey Guys,

Just waiting for my interview date to be sent from the NVC and I was wondering how far in advance they usually schedule, and how long it usually takes to the the date from case complete??? My completion date was Sept 17th.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

My case complete date was July 16 and my interview date was Sept 23. They gave me my interview date in the last week of July or early August I think. So from the date they told me about my interview date to the actual interview, it was a little less than 2 months. Hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our case complete was mid August, interview scheduled at the end of August, and the actual interview is mid October. So about 2 months from case complete to interview for us.

Timeline

Thanks Guys,

This is very helpful. Looks like it's about 10-15 days to get the interview scheduled and another month and a bit before the actual date. Pretty much in line with what I thought.

Cheers,

NVC tends to schedule Montreal interviews the first few weeks of the month. If you're after the 14th generally you have to wait for the next month and the interview is normally a month or two out.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC tends to schedule Montreal interviews the first few weeks of the month. If you're after the 14th generally you have to wait for the next month and the interview is normally a month or two out.

So just to clarify, MTL during the first part of the month puts out a fresh new batch of interview dates and they are probably filled quickly. And worst case senario it's looking like about two months plus some from then?

So just to clarify, MTL during the first part of the month puts out a fresh new batch of interview dates and they are probably filled quickly. And worst case senario it's looking like about two months plus some from then?

Traditionally MTL gives the NVC dates for the month at the beginning of the month. It takes about 2 weeks for NVC to fill those dates for the next month at most.

Worst case is normally 2 months from case complete date. If you end in the middle of the month you normally wait 2-3 weeks to get the interview.

Example:

I had case complete April 15th, Interview date notified on May 1, interview June 3rd.

Now when Montreal releases those dates to the NVC is dynamic, so it can change. Traditionally it was the 1st week, but I've seen it take until the 2nd and 3rd week. I'm guessing because of summer vacations and end of fiscal year issues but my guess is as good as yours on that. ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Traditionally MTL gives the NVC dates for the month at the beginning of the month. It takes about 2 weeks for NVC to fill those dates for the next month at most.

Worst case is normally 2 months from case complete date. If you end in the middle of the month you normally wait 2-3 weeks to get the interview.

Example:

I had case complete April 15th, Interview date notified on May 1, interview June 3rd.

Now when Montreal releases those dates to the NVC is dynamic, so it can change. Traditionally it was the 1st week, but I've seen it take until the 2nd and 3rd week. I'm guessing because of summer vacations and end of fiscal year issues but my guess is as good as yours on that. wink.png

Seems like lots of folks are getting interview dates now, but I haven't seen anything from Canada yet.

Fingers crossed for all of us Canadian's crossing over soon. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.